FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Minimum Width dpi

153 posts
Thanks Meter: 81

By frcraig, Senior Member on 1st September 2019, 07:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Could someone please look in developer options and tell me what the default minimum width dpi is for this tablet? I changed the value several times and now can't remember what the default was. After a recent update the icons for apps listed in the Google Play Store all became huge and I thought I could shrink them by changing the dpi, but it didn't work and now I want to make sure I've returned this value to its default setting. Thanks.
2nd September 2019, 10:12 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
609 dpi

In accessibility that's official middle slider dpi. There you after setting this value you can move the slider to zoom 2 steps out, or zoom 2 steps in.

First put 609 dpi in developer options I suggest.
The Following User Says Thank You to Catmobile For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Catmobile Ad-Free
2nd September 2019, 10:15 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Thanks very much.
The Following User Says Thank You to frcraig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frcraig Ad-Free
2nd September 2019, 10:19 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frcraig

Thanks very much.

711 dpi is official too
800 dpi is official too

533 dpi is official too, making everything big

I prefer 609 dpi it is official too but some apps think it's a mobile phobe so 711 dpi might be your choice.

I use an app to lock landscape mode as workaround.
3rd September 2019, 10:17 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cant unlock bootloader Samsung galaxy j2 dash
Quote:
Originally Posted by frcraig

Could someone please look in developer options and tell me what the default minimum width dpi is for this tablet? I changed the value several times and now can't remember what the default was. After a recent update the icons for apps listed in the Google Play Store all became huge and I thought I could shrink them by changing the dpi, but it didn't work and now I want to make sure I've returned this value to its default setting. Thanks.

I have the j2 dash or what ever phone is sm-j260a I've been trying to root my phone and I cant get the bootloader unlocked the OEM unlock is missing I've installed SDK platform tools USB drivers Samsung drivers and minimal USB and fastboot command prompt and android audio studios everything says my device is connected but when I'm on command prompt and I type in "fastboot OEM unlock" or "fastboot device" it reads "waiting for any device" and wont let me type anything else itll let me reboot in download mode and recovery mode it let me open update from USB but I couldnt sideload stock rom I can reboot into recovery and get command list but I cant figure out anything else I'm just trying to unlock my bootloader so I can root the phone and install a new OS amongst other things someone please help again I have Samsung galaxy j2 dash or whatever phone is SM-J260A
3rd September 2019, 01:36 PM |#6  

More
Your onjective can be done without ROOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiously_Frustrated420

I have the j2 dash or what ever phone is sm-j260a I've been trying to root my phone and I cant get the bootloader unlocked the OEM unlock is missing I've installed SDK platform tools USB drivers Samsung drivers and minimal USB and fastboot command prompt and android audio studios everything says my device is connected but when I'm on command prompt and I type in "fastboot OEM unlock" or "fastboot device" it reads "waiting for any device" and wont let me type anything else itll let me reboot in download mode and recovery mode it let me open update from USB but I couldnt sideload stock rom I can reboot into recovery and get command list but I cant figure out anything else I'm just trying to unlock my bootloader so I can root the phone and install a new OS amongst other things someone please help again I have Samsung galaxy j2 dash or whatever phone is SM-J260A

I suggest you learn first what can be done without ROOT.

Removing any package you don't want with ability to enable again
https://forum.xda-developers.com/tab...-root-t3958204
Ability to disable advertisements in any application
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...t3503374/page2

Since you are in a topic about something very different, it might not necessary to ROOT in your situation. Hopefully these 2 topics I recommend you before you ROOT. Rooting can be difficult at new hardware and I think you are currently not yet completely ready.

Are your objectives to disable BLOATWARE? Or to disable ADS? Then you do not need ROOT. If it goes wrong who can help you? You hopefully first try these official options to have the benefit the worst case scenario is Manufacturer Reset. And you do not loose warranty.

If you still want to ROOT, start your own request thread, since most you want can be done anyway without ROOT. In the past it was entirely different. I urge you to ask yourself, are you sure you want to ROOT if you can simply do it otherwise without ROOT ?

If YES, start your own thread or step in in the ROOT thread.

I do not want to ROOT, until in the far future custom ROMS are necessary.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)