FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

tab s5e, does anyone have it except me?!

1,848 posts
Thanks Meter: 185

By ivanox1972, Senior Member on 27th April 2019, 09:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I bought this device 10 days ago. Ok, I know it just started appearing in shops. But, no forum, no reviews nothing...
I am interested of course to debloat it, to install twrp, usual things...
Also, if someone wants to hear real life impressions about device, I am here!
I know it is totally off topic but really couldn't find better place to post this...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivanox1972 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ivanox1972 Ad-Free
27th April 2019, 10:39 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanox1972

I bought this device 10 days ago. Ok, I know it just started appearing in shops. But, no forum, no reviews nothing...
I am interested of course to debloat it, to install twrp, usual things...
Also, if someone wants to hear real life impressions about device, I am here!
I know it is totally off topic but really couldn't find better place to post this...

I am interested in a comparison between the S5e and the S4 ,my old Asus TF700 is about done and I need a replacement any info would be appreciated.
27th April 2019, 11:36 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Unfortunately I have not s4... Screen is superb, and with excellent accuracy. One of best I ever seen, and I have seen most of premium devices. I compared it to tab s2 9.7 which also have excellent accuracy screen in basic mode
27th April 2019, 03:35 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I have it. Actually, I got two so far. I have the LTE model. Do you also have issue with wifi? Over the 5ghz is quite slow. My router shows it as 1x1 instead of 2x2 like my old tab s 8.4. Since is the second one (got the first one replaced) with the same issue this migh be either a batch hw issue or a firmware issue. Unfortunately every review out there was on a wifi only model, so also a firmware bug might be involved
27th April 2019, 04:07 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
If I underground your good, to check wifi speed?
My is also 4g...
27th April 2019, 04:17 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanox1972

If I underground your good, to check wifi speed?
My is also 4g...

Yep. Here is a screen from my router

The first one is my old Tab S 8.4. 5ghz and using full 2x2 of MIMO.
Google home Mini, standard 5ghz, 1x1, more than enough.
Then the S5e, just 1x1 and with really really bad speed.
Last my XZ1 Compact, full 2x2.
From the same position and distance from router, both my Tab S 8.4 and smartphone are way faster and with a much stabler connection. The S5e is slowe by a significant amount and lose connection after i move it too far where with both my old tablet and my phone i never had any issue whatsoever
27th April 2019, 04:45 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I just got mine last night. I would definitely like root, twrp, etc. We need a device forum here.

To debloat it, I used Package Disabler Pro from the Play Store. There are quite a few threads om Samsung devices that say what is safe to disable.
The Following User Says Thank You to nsx2brz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nsx2brz Ad-Free
27th April 2019, 08:00 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I had it for a couple days. Good for the money. But tab S4 the better tablet still. And the s5e was way too thin. It will warp or bend very easily
27th April 2019, 08:21 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
I also use 5ghz, I will see tomorrow...
I also done some debloat. It feels to me that one ui is a little heavy for 4gb of ram, debloat is highly needed
28th April 2019, 12:55 AM |#10  
Flag ATT
Thanks Meter: 101

More
I received the Wifi version yesterday. Haven't debloated anything and android 9 is running pretty smooth on the device. Was happy to see they included a usb-C type adapter to use corded headphones. I know this was a deal breaker for some users. I traded in my unused S9+, paid the difference and bought this one to replace my 2016 Tab E 9.6 that I use with my Phantom 3 Advncd drone. There is really no comparison in sound, picture, camera quality. The GPS and Wifi range are also better on this tablet. Well worth the trade imo.
28th April 2019, 02:51 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 281

Donate to Me
More
I have tab s4 played with s5e at best buy tonight. Definitely thinner than s4. Screen is nice but performance just basic browsing is no comparison,. Its a low end tablet with a nice screen. Hoping for non e version soon with pen support. Put a case on it and the weight and thickness differences are insignificant. Buy an s4 openbox for 50 bucks more you wont regret it.

Btw my s4 upgraded to pie today.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)