Tried rooting my S5e following topjohnwu's instructions - security check fail: modem

Search This thread
So I tried rooting my S5e following the "system-as-root" part of the original magisk installation instructions (https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#samsung-system-as-root), but odin stops short from being finished with "FAILED", and my tablet tells me: "SECURITY CHECK FAILED : modem"

How do I recover from this? Flash an unmodified firmware using odin?

Cheers
[L]

Last edited:
Reactions: TiTiB

shadymnms

Aug 7, 2010

Hamadvtc48

Oct 13, 2019
Hi guys i was update the Magisk then git shows this

error verifying vbmeta image

Last edited:

ZakHaider

Jan 25, 2014
So I tried rooting my S5e following the "system-as-root" part of the original magisk installation instructions, but odin stops short from being finished with "FAILED", and my tablet tells me: "SECURITY CHECK FAILED : modem"

How do I recover from this? Flash an unmodified firmware using odin?

Cheers
[L]

I also tried rooting following the step but am having this same problem, I tried flashing the new firmware from Frija but no luck still get stuck on the 'security checked failed : modem'

I also tried just flashing the tar file but when I boot back into the device it's not showing as rooted. am I doing everything right?

I'm a bit of a noob so any help would be great

DHGE

Jun 20, 2015
coastal paradise
1 get stuck on the 'security checked failed : modem'

2 when I boot back into the device it's not showing as rooted

1 you have to get the right CSC for your device e.g. XFA

Once I also downloaded a strange ROM. It had file dates (inside the zip) months older than the patches or update level it was supposed to have. In this case I waited several days and got a ROM with dates that made sense and flashed without the error.

2 ??? flash did not go well -> seems to me you are technically on stock which means no root

If you succeed to flash the Magisk patched AP file then you have to reboot to recovery to actually activate Magisk root.

Reactions: ZakHaider

ZakHaider

Jan 25, 2014

Once I also downloaded a strange ROM. It had file dates (inside the zip) months older than the patches or update level it was supposed to have. In this case I waited several days and got a ROM with dates that made sense and flashed without the error.

2 ??? flash did not go well -> seems to me you are technically on stock which means no root

If you succeed to flash the Magisk patched AP file then you have to reboot to recovery to actually activate Magisk root.

I will do a full wipe and try the steps with a different firmware and let you know

Thanks for the help!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    solved!
    flashed the latest firmware which I downloaded with frija, then went through the process again but before flashing magisk_patched.tar I removed all the extra files from it as described in https://xdaforums.com/tab-s5e/how-to/galaxy-tab-s5e-sm-t720-root-t3947806, now it works and is rooted.

NO MORE ADS!
    BACKUPS!!
    FIREWALL!!!

YAY is me.
    1 get stuck on the 'security checked failed : modem'

2 when I boot back into the device it's not showing as rooted