FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Wifi working fine

4,167 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,119

By suzook, Senior Member on 17th August 2019, 12:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I put off buying the 5e due to all the supposed issues with wifi when using tab in landscape. Well I just bought a like new open box 128gb 5e at best buy for $369, and thankfully have no issues whatsoever. Just rooted, really enjoying it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suzook For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift suzook Ad-Free
20th August 2019, 03:34 AM |#2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 77

More
I haven't really had any WiFi issues with mine either.
21st August 2019, 02:15 AM |#3  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Same for me. The whole thing was way overblown. Plus it's possible it might have been fixed by a software update. I believe some Samsung devices have multiple antennas, and they may switch antennas based on how the device is being held. Dunno if that's the case for the Tab S5e however, but it does have an "SX9330 Grip Sensor for wifi" according to Droid Info.

This being said, I'm disappointed that such an expensive tablet only has a single stream 433 Mbps wifi. My Nexus 9 was cheaper, older, and came with double stream 866 Mbps. Especially since the SDM670 is supposed to be 2x2 AND support 160 MHz channels:

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...obile-platform
21st August 2019, 04:37 AM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMerlin

Same for me. The whole thing was way overblown. Plus it's possible it might have been fixed by a software update. I believe some Samsung devices have multiple antennas, and they may switch antennas based on how the device is being held. Dunno if that's the case for the Tab S5e however, but it does have an "SX9330 Grip Sensor for wifi" according to Droid Info.

This being said, I'm disappointed that such an expensive tablet only has a single stream 433 Mbps wifi. My Nexus 9 was cheaper, older, and came with double stream 866 Mbps. Especially since the SDM670 is supposed to be 2x2 AND support 160 MHz channels:

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...obile-platform

I’ve purchased Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e in May of 2019 as a replacement for my aging Sony Xperia Z4 tablet with a broken digitizer. I’ve just returned from 2 month-long trip throughout Europe and I must say that I’m extremely upset about my Samsung tablet due to constant Wi-Fi connection issues.
I’ve managed to get a screen replacement for my Xperia tablet before my vacation departure date and I’ve decided to bring both Sony and Samsung on a trip (my wife was using Sony tablet occasionally).
I’ve experienced numerous Wi-Fi connection issues with my Tab S5e and I’ve actually complained in a number of hotels about their crappy Wi-Fi, until I’ve realized the problem is with Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e only. On many occasions, my Tab S5e refused to connect to Wi-Fi, because signal appeared to be too weak.
I’ve returned home 2 days ago and unfortunately, the return window for a Samsung tablet is closed and I’m stuck with a tablet that is unable to connect to Wi-Fi and is therefore completely useless in many cases.
My Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e is Wi-Fi only model (SM-T720) and current software appears to be most up to date at the moment (PPR1.180610.011.T720XXU1ASG3).
I would like to hear from other users about their experiences and possible solutions.
I’m attaching a photo of both Sony Xperia Z4 tablet and Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e side by side in Saint Marcel's hotel room in Paris where my Tab S5e completely failed to connect to Wi-Fi. As you can see, SaintMarcel SSID is completely invisible to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e.
A second image is taken at home just now. The same issue, many Wi-Fi networks are invisible to Tab S5e
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190813_092557_resize.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	4808600
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190820_234228_resize.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	4808605  
21st August 2019, 02:54 PM |#5  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by czguy

I’m attaching a photo of both Sony Xperia Z4 tablet and Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e side by side in Saint Marcel's hotel room in Paris where my Tab S5e completely failed to connect to Wi-Fi. As you can see, SaintMarcel SSID is completely invisible to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e.
A second image is taken at home just now. The same issue, many Wi-Fi networks are invisible to Tab S5e
Attachment 4808600

If laying down like this you can't get a signal stronger than -70 dB on the 2.4 GHz band then your tablet is defective. The reported issue had to do with holding the tablet with the hands covering the antenna locations - clearly not the case in your test. I recommend you have your tablet sent in for repair. Maybe the antennas aren't properly connected, for instance.
21st August 2019, 03:16 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 281

More
FWIW, I've had zero problems with wifi, at all.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (SM-T720)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)