Post Reply Email Thread
8th June 2019, 08:33 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyovyick

Yes thank you for sharing it.

Atmos is missing from the notification quick toggles and in the Settings under Sound > Advanced Settings. Will have to look through the disabled apps. Have you since uninstalled the apps completely?

Just need to get that working now. Had an issue with Evie when rotating to portrait, it would leave half the screen white for some reason so now I have moved to Nova Launcher which works flawlessly.

My tablet does feel quicker now, I have all the animations turned off in Developer Options. Especially on boot it's not lagging, ready to go sooner. I've even got the 6GB/128GB version.

Haven't uninstalled anything yet.

Just checked, and Atmos is there for me—able to change settings for it, too.

Here's something you could try—do a file compare between what you have disabled, and my '133-ok' list, which is still working fime for me. I've been using DiffTool the File Compare Tool from Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.difftool to compare what I had newly disabled with what I had previously disabled. The interface and usage is a bit clunky (the dev has stated something to the effect of "it's a tool, not a beauty pageant"). HINTS: Use the compare TEXT files, then save the results using the 💾 icon to be able to use a text editor to see the results.

Please let us know what you find.

[EDIT] I f you find a better way to compare files on Android I'd sure like to know about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to TiTiB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TiTiB Ad-Free
12th June 2019, 06:30 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
@TiTiB

Thank you for this valuable contribution. For those looking for root, this is the better route. You'll free up CPU and RAM whilst removing applications deemed unnecessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to AHE_XDA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AHE_XDA Ad-Free
22nd June 2019, 10:12 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Been a while since I've been able to have a look but I've managed to find it using DiffTool

The package is com.sec.android.app.soundalive, now in Settings > Sound > Advanced Sound Settings > Sound Quality and Effects. Then in there you have Atmos. It's now working again!
The Following User Says Thank You to flyboyovyick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flyboyovyick Ad-Free
25th June 2019, 10:07 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks so much for all the info!

Am considering about getting a s5e but the demo unit in my local retailers are kinda sluggish. Not sure if that is because of the bloatware or the demo mode.

May I know if this way of disabling bloatware will void my warranty? How much snappier will the device become after the cpu and ram are being freed up?

Thanks!
25th June 2019, 11:45 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsthamo

Thanks so much for all the info!

Am considering about getting a s5e but the demo unit in my local retailers are kinda sluggish. Not sure if that is because of the bloatware or the demo mode.

May I know if this way of disabling bloatware will void my warranty? How much snappier will the device become after the cpu and ram are being freed up?

Thanks!

No issues with warranty. All you are doing is disabling/freezing apps—something that can be done via Android's normal Settings for a lot of apps. What you'll be able to do via these apps or adb is disable/freeze apps that you wouldn't normally be able to.

I'm not really sure if disabling/freezing has improved performance because this tablet's response to everything I've thrown at it is so brisk! Admittedly,I'm not a big-time gamer—e.g. no Fortnite. My guess is that the demo unit was not set up properly/at all and was also subject to a 'demo mode effect', if there is such a thing. 😉

In a nutshell, I think this thing is plenty quick! am *extremely happy with it, and I would recommend it. I don't know what sort of return policy you might be dealing with, but once you get it home it ain't goin' nowhere.
26th June 2019, 12:37 AM |#16  

More
Thanks very much for the info! Let me give a try~
27th June 2019, 08:25 AM |#17  
Neuss
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Thanks for sharing, I can confirm that this made the tablet a lot more responsive
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to veloc1ty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veloc1ty Ad-Free
29th June 2019, 07:46 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
I couldn't find the app in the app store...is it still around?
29th June 2019, 11:47 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808phoneaddict

I couldn't find the app in the app store...is it still around?

It's "Package Disabler Pro+ (Samsung)". Did a search and it came up first on the list. 😉
29th June 2019, 01:31 PM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTiB

It's "Package Disabler Pro+ (Samsung)". Did a search and it came up first on the list.

I cannot find any app called "package disabler pro+(Samsung)" ..... so, I think they deleted from playstore....
29th June 2019, 08:13 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
I used package disabler pro (all Android) and it worked...I thought I needed to download the for Samsung portion, but the link didn't work when I clicked it so I just tried the app and followed the adb commands to enable it and it worked
The Following User Says Thank You to 808phoneaddict For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 808phoneaddict Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy-tab-s5e, galaxy-tab-s5e-debloat

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)