NEW Samsung Tab S5e 10.5inch AMOLED with Android 9 Pie

251 posts
Thanks Meter: 44

By DaWeav, Senior Member on 15th February 2019, 02:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th May 2019, 04:37 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
I just picked on of these up, coming from a Galaxy S T800. I was planning to keep the S for a while longer but it just seemed to be really struggling even though the battery seemed health, was pumping out the correct volts and holding a good charge. I tried a vew ROMS but I did really see much difference if page loading for web and stuff, mainly dolphin, all were very very slow. Much faster on the S5e, feels like the S did when I first got in back in 2014, very happy with my purchase, dont need the HF jack anyway.

i'd definately recommend this as a fantastic upgrade to the now ageing tab s 2014
The Following User Says Thank You to da.trute For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift da.trute Ad-Free
14th May 2019, 07:10 PM |#22  
Flag Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 6,598

Donate to Me
More
grabbed a 5e the other day; very fast, very smooth, super sound, super battery life, no need to root yet..
15th May 2019, 10:49 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
I own the Tab S5e very fast and very smooth too I don't care about the headphone jack I have bluetooth headphones and comes with dongle is fine for me. not as good performance as new IPAD Pro you paying twice as much for the device too for better performance. S5E is solid device and it works very well including wifi is fine for me not bad at all. gaming is enjoyable too I'm not paying Pub G i'm playing Marvel Super Heroes its running very smooth. Sound Quality is excellent too. This is far the best tablet I've used I used Huawei Mediapad m5 I didn't like the icons are so big I ended up returning it. I love the Dex Feature like Laptop.

Battery Life:
I went all day with it and still had 50% battery life left....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to animeware For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift animeware Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 03:18 AM |#24  

Donate to Me
More
glad you are enjoying it!

I also had a mediapad m5 and got rid of it too..
This thing blows it away, I just wish it was a little smaller...

agree that it is the best android tablet our right now...not interested in anything Crapple..
21st May 2019, 06:53 AM |#25  
Flag Albuquerque, NM
Thanks Meter: 928

Donate to Me
More
Can anyone confirm that the best buy S5e has a GPS please? Tech tablets says his S5e does not have any GPS built in, and Amazon customer reviews also claim no GPS is present. However best buy customers claim it does have GPS. Samsungs website does not mention any GPS but all the smartphone specifications websites say that it does. Not sure why there is so much confusion about the GPS status or why some units do have GPS and some don't. What's up with that?
21st May 2019, 03:15 PM |#26  

Donate to Me
More
bought mine at Best Buy in Arizona, and it DEFINITELY has GPS...
The Following User Says Thank You to wase4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wase4711 Ad-Free
21st May 2019, 09:57 PM |#27  
Flag Albuquerque, NM

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

bought mine at Best Buy in Arizona, and it DEFINITELY has GPS...

Yeah good to know @wase4711. Did it mention it on the packaging by chance? TechTablets.com did a video review of his S5e and proved beyond any doubt that his does not have GPS. A customer at Amazon answered the question saying "No mine does not have GPS". So that's why I asked because I think I would get mine from Best Buy. I would like to confirm that it has GPS before leaving the store. lol

I just do not understand why some do and some don't. Thanks again for the confirmation
21st May 2019, 11:03 PM |#28  

Donate to Me
More
I dont think it mentioned it on the box; I can use google maps, I can track my family with the life 360 map, and can do everything that requires gps..
The Following User Says Thank You to wase4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wase4711 Ad-Free
21st May 2019, 11:27 PM |#29  
Flag Albuquerque, NM

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I don't think it mentioned it on the box; I can use google maps, I can track my family with the life 360 map, and can do everything that requires gps..

Yeah that sounds like it has GPS, but does it show actual GPS satellites in a proper GPS app such as "GPS Test" and their accuracy?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tcross.gpstest
21st May 2019, 11:46 PM |#30  

Donate to Me
More
yep, it sees 28 satellites, and is using 24 of them
21st May 2019, 11:49 PM |#31  
Flag Albuquerque, NM

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

yep, it sees 28 satellites, and is using 24 of them

Haha thanks friend. I guess the moral is do not buy from Amazon then. I will pick mine up from the local BB.

Now here's to hoping for a dedicated XDA section soon. I want this device to get official TWRP and LineageOS someday for sure, otherwise it wont do me no good in the long run. TAB S and S2 both had official LineageOS support that made these tabs far more useful.
The Following User Says Thank You to SkOrPn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SkOrPn Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy-tab-s5e

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)