21st May 2019, 11:49 PM |#31  
Flag Albuquerque, NM
Thanks Meter: 928

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

yep, it sees 28 satellites, and is using 24 of them

Haha thanks friend. I guess the moral is do not buy from Amazon then. I will pick mine up from the local BB.

Now here's to hoping for a dedicated XDA section soon. I want this device to get official TWRP and LineageOS someday for sure, otherwise it wont do me no good in the long run. TAB S and S2 both had official LineageOS support that made these tabs far more useful.
The Following User Says Thank You to SkOrPn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SkOrPn Ad-Free
21st May 2019, 11:51 PM |#32  
Flag Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 6,598

Donate to Me
More
actually, the moral of the story is dont believe anything you read on the internet!
I bet the amazon model does have it; if its cheaper than BB, I would buy that one first, you can always return it to Amazon if it somehow doesnt have gps..
The Following User Says Thank You to wase4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wase4711 Ad-Free
21st May 2019, 11:59 PM |#33  
Flag Albuquerque, NM

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

actually, the moral of the story is dont believe anything you read on the internet!
I bet the amazon model does have it; if its cheaper than BB, I would buy that one first, you can always return it to Amazon if it somehow doesnt have gps..

Actually I didn't read it on the internet, I watched it in person on a Video Review from one of the best most thorough Tablet reviewers. The Amazon question was just a slight hiccup to support what I saw with my very own eyes below. Either his device is broken or his Amazon purchase actually has a model without GPS. But it clearly shows no GPS data what so ever. No way to not believe what you see with your own eyes, lol.

https://youtu.be/G_vtXsTwVwI?t=640
The Following User Says Thank You to SkOrPn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SkOrPn Ad-Free
22nd May 2019, 12:32 AM |#34  

Donate to Me
More
"believe 1/2 of what you see, and none of what you hear"..
I forgot who said that, but its certainly true now a days..
The Following User Says Thank You to wase4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wase4711 Ad-Free
22nd May 2019, 01:00 AM |#35  
Flag Albuquerque, NM

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

"believe 1/2 of what you see, and none of what you hear"..
I forgot who said that, but its certainly true now a days..

Edgar Allan Poe!

Lol, if people lived by that insane statement no one would graduate High school or Colleges, or trust any of their friends or loved ones and Marriages certainly would all fail, in fact 100% of society would collapse...

EDIT: Thanks to your info I cleared up the mess at Amazon and set them straight. Thanks again for checking your GPS info.
22nd May 2019, 02:52 AM |#36  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkOrPn

Lol, if people lived by that insane statement no one would graduate High school or Colleges, or trust any of their friends or loved ones and Marriages certainly would all fail, in fact 100% of society would collapse...

Isn't that sort of where we almost are now as a society anyways?
23rd May 2019, 12:52 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Can anyone download the latest firmware for T720 with build ending ASE8. THANKS
12th June 2019, 10:18 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
For some reason I caved and got this.
I'd just got a pixel3a and it was making my old nexus10 feel really bad. It's on its 3rd battery.

Class big if kit.

The bloat I will deal with later but my most pressing concern is the wifi, it's not very fast. My phone maxes out my home connection but the tablet not so much.
I read there was a known wifi bug and an update addressed it. I have updated and no improvement.

Am I expecting too much?
12th June 2019, 10:24 PM |#39  

Donate to Me
More
yep, tablets rarely, if ever, have wifi as fast as a phone..
I have a gig connection at home, meaning the fastest wifi I can expect is around 500 mb, which I get on my one plus 6t; this tablet gets around 232 mb at home, more than enough for ANYTHING I would ever want to do with it..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy-tab-s5e

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)