FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REFERENCE] Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Theming & Mods

491 posts
Thanks Meter: 277

By TiTiB, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 13th August 2019, 07:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This thread is a place for everyone to share their experiences with theming and modding the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e tablet. I'll start with what I've tried, and as I gather more information I'll edit and expand this reference. Hopefully others will share their experiences, too. BTW, this OP part of the thread will be an ever changing, 'living' document, reflecting *only the latest* info I've gathered. Not sure how that sits with xda guidance/policy, or your expectations, but, at least for now, that's how I'll edit this OP.

MY CURRENT SETUP
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (SM-T720)
Magisk 19.3 Manager 7.3.2
Riru - Core v19.4
Riru - EdXposed v0.4.5.1_beta (4463) (YAHFA)
AFWall+ 3.2.0 beta

THEMING

Because the S5e does not have a native Samsung Themes app, theming this tablet is problematic. Substratum is a no-go. I've tried the 'Synergy' app from Play Store (it used to not have the disclaimer about it working only on devices with a native theming app) and, of course, it didn't work.

I had previously purchased the Swift Installer-Themes & color engine (Early Access) app by Beach Road IT, so I gave it a try and it works. It doesn't theme Notifications, though.

MAGISK MODULES

WHAT I HAVE INSTALLED AND CONFIRMED WORKING
  • Riru - Core v19.4
  • I'm using Riru - EdXposed v0.4.5.1_beta (4463) (YAHFA) I've switched between the (YAHFA) and (SandHook) variants several times, and from my somewhat limited and completely subjective observations of performance I think the (YAHFA) variant works best. I'm curious to hear what others think.
  • Audio Modification Library
  • Swift Installer Module
  • ViPER4Android FX Legacy Materialized
  • YouTube Vanced black theme
No luck with Ainur Sauron. Something to do with '! Cannot mount /dsp'. I gotta figure this one out. I've really like this mod paired with Ainur JamesDSP.

EDXPOSED

WHAT I HAVE INSTALLED AND CONFIRMED WORKING
  • 3C All-in-One Toolbox Pro
  • AFWall+
  • Cool Tool
  • Deny Location Consent
  • Greenify
  • MinMinGuard
  • Scoop
  • Statusbar download progress
  • XPrivacyLua
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiTiB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TiTiB Ad-Free
15th August 2019, 04:11 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Change Fonts?
Has anyone tried to change the system font? This is usually one of the first things I do.

I actually like the Samsung One (not the default) font, but I also like to able to change things up, and I prefer a very condensed font (more info per inch).

Thanks
26th September 2019, 06:18 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 186

More
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...root-t3710688/
I think this wings must work but I have not tried
The Following User Says Thank You to ivanox1972 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ivanox1972 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy-tab-s5e, s5e mod, s5e theming

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)