FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Is Themer dead?

2,253 posts
Thanks Meter: 926

Post Reply Email Thread
No posts by the staff in months, no updates to the app, even new themes are down to a trickle...

I'm trying out Buzz Launcher, but it isn't as user friendly as Themer.

What's up?

29th June 2015, 02:07 AM |#2  
Flag Covington
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED ZMAN

No posts by the staff in months, no updates to the app, even new themes are down to a trickle...

I'm trying out Buzz Launcher, but it isn't as user friendly as Themer.

What's up?

I've been wondering the same thing. It's like ever since Marco quit, back in April, Themer has been dead. The only people that are making themes are making paid themes and posting on mycolorscreen.com.

Buzz Launcher sucks. Just saying.
30th June 2015, 09:57 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Ok
30th June 2015, 03:07 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag ABQ - Albuquerque Metro, NM

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrradiantFlux

I've been wondering the same thing. It's like ever since Marco quit, back in April, Themer has been dead. The only people that are making themes are making paid themes and posting on mycolorscreen.com.

Buzz Launcher sucks. Just saying.

There are some things I really like about buzz launcher, but it is not terribly user friendly. Don't understand how people drop projects like this. They could have made a ton of money on it if they just put it out for sale, and money truly motivates people.

Is there some information somewhere about what's going on? I don't know who Marco is.
6th July 2015, 11:56 PM |#5  
Flag Covington

More
I've recently updated my opinion on Buzz Launcher, but it's really not user friendly and the random widget usage of the populace is ridiculous. I like the transition effects when swiping to the next screen.

Anyway, there is information on Marco on mycolorscreen.com, as well as, YouTube. Marco was the main theme developer for Themer. He kind of kept the app going and ran the website. But it's been dead since he left for another job. He'd been with themer for 2 years.
The Following User Says Thank You to IrradiantFlux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IrradiantFlux Ad-Free
8th July 2015, 01:38 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Yeah, the widget deal is silly, and the system isn't well described. The vertical app drawer sucks, and for some reason needs a network connection to open...

And what is with the constant adding of smaller social networking programs or never heard of apps?

Themer was about perfect.
The Following User Says Thank You to RED ZMAN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RED ZMAN Ad-Free
8th July 2015, 02:44 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:

Yeah, the widget deal is silly, and the system isn't well described. The vertical app drawer sucks, and for some reason needs a network connection to open...

And what is with the constant adding of smaller social networking programs or never heard of apps?

Themer was about perfect.

Now that they don't add new themes through the app, I am downloading themer themes from the mycolorscreen site. Their are some great themes there. There are also non-themer themes on the site. I don't understand how to get them on my phone?

Sent from my LG-F460S using XDA Free mobile app
8th July 2015, 04:48 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Unless there are directions I wouldn't either. I'm checking out Go Launcher, but the theming isn't deep like Themer and no vertical app drawer that I can find.
8th July 2015, 09:47 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Anyway, there is information on Marco on mycolorscreen.com, as well as, YouTube. Marco was the main theme developer for Themer. He kind of kept the app going and ran the website. But it's been dead since he left for another job. He'd been with themer for 2 years.

I'm having to leave BUZZ now because after adding 3 of the main widget apps the themes wanted my phone worked like crap. I'm trying Launcher 8 and Go Launcher right now, but not completely pleased with either. Launcher 8 has some cool stuff in it.

The search continues...
9th July 2015, 05:10 AM |#10  
Flag Covington

More
Quote:

I'm having to leave BUZZ now because after adding 3 of the main widget apps the themes wanted my phone worked like crap. I'm trying Launcher 8 and Go Launcher right now, but not completely pleased with either. Launcher 8 has some cool stuff in it.

The search continues...

There are many good Themes on their website, but the website has possibly been hacked. I don't know, and I've never had problems with it. I read on a post on xda forum, somewhere, that the site was hacked. I don't really believe it, but they've had more pop-up problems than ever since April. I upload my designs there, and have for over a year. Though, lately the most recent uploads are from the same guy that only creates paid themes on Google Play.

I'm currently using Buzz Launcher, but it's annoying. I hate looking for days, literally, for a complete set of icons. The only redeeming quality that Buzz has, is that Zooper Widget works with it very well. I've been using full screen widgets, and opening my Themer themes page by page. It's a bit slower, but it works. I really don't like the app drawer. Vertical it's hideous and clunky, but horizontal is a bunch of unwanted folders. I just want a plain app drawer with the icons in an infinite scroll list. I've tried Nova Launcher and it was even less user friendly than Buzz Launcher. There are 2 launchers made by the same company that created the Clean Master App, Cheetah Mobile I think, and both are very good if you're trying to escape the battery drain, but neither is really customizable.

Oh, and Go! Launcher will speed through your battery, or the cost of the semi okay themes will break your bank account. There aren't many themes on Go that look good and are functional without being costly. I design. I don't buy Themes, or icons. I either make my own, or I Google icons + deviantart. There's a ton of free, professionally made, icon packs that can be downloaded in a zip file.

As for the how to on getting the themer themes onto themer from mycolorscreen.com, there a tutorial at the bottom of the post. The short version is, download the theme zip file. open up file manager. move the zip file from downloads to the mycolorscreen/exported/zip folder. leave it zipped. then open up the themes menu in themer, look under categories tab, tap exported, find the name of the zip folder, tap it, tap okay. voila.

---------- Post added at 04:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

Quote:

The search continues...

Oh! I almost forgot. Buzz Launcher. Instead of downloading the app for the theme's widget, you can redirect the widget to another app, such as Zooper or Buzz Widget. It's much easier to replace the base app of the widget than to download some random never heard of apps.
Plus, some of those apps aren't rated, and they come with a warning from Google Play that they could contain inappropriate content or possibly viruses. -_-
The Following User Says Thank You to IrradiantFlux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IrradiantFlux Ad-Free
9th July 2015, 06:01 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:

There are many good Themes on their website, but the website has possibly been hacked. I don't know, and I've never had problems with it. I read on a post on xda forum, somewhere, that the site was hacked. I don't really believe it, but they've had more pop-up problems than ever since April. I upload my designs there, and have for over a year. Though, lately the most recent uploads are from the same guy that only creates paid themes on Google Play.

Strangely since a few weeks a handful of themer Widgets are causing security problems according to avast mobile. It has been approximately since I was downloading themer themes from their website, could it be hacked??

Sent from my LG-F460S using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to EMJI79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EMJI79 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)