FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LineageOS 16.0 for Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus (YTX703F / YTX703L)

366 posts
Thanks Meter: 326

By vladimiroltean, Senior Member on 3rd October 2018, 01:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2018-10-02: It is my pleasure to announce, together with @Quallenauge and @matshias, the availability of unofficial LineageOS 16 builds for the Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus devices (YTX703F and YTX703L).

2019-03-12: And now official lineage-16.0 builds as well!

Issues
  • Audio over Wi-Fi Display is transmitted at the speed of sound, instead of speed of light
  • Flashing over anything else (official Lineage 15.1 etc) is not supported - data wipe is required. Working on 2 migration packages: unofficial <-> official and 15.1 <-> 16.0
  • Double tap to wake (dt2w) does not work too well over long term and I don't recommend enabling it - only added to build per user request

Official Instructions

Migrating from Unofficial 16.0 to Official 16.0
  • Boot to TWRP
  • Install Lineage OTA zip
  • Install the provided migration-to-official.zip
  • Reboot from TWRP to system

Migrating from Official 15.1 to Official 16.0
  • Boot to TWRP
  • Wipe system partition. This step is critical. User data is not lost when system partition is erased.
  • If you had OpenGapps in 15.1, then you must install new OpenGapps for ARM64 for Android 9.0. If you didn't have OpenGapps in 15.1, you must not install any Gapps package.

Migrating from Official 16.0 to Unofficial 16.0
  • Boot to TWRP
  • Rename the provided migration-to-official.zip to migration-to-unofficial.zip
  • Install the renamed migration-to-unofficial.zip

Downloads

Changelog
  • 2019-02-04: fixed camera and sensors not working while data partition is encrypted and startup pin is required
  • 2019-01-27: added built-in support for root, fixed Wi-Fi Display (WFD) video (but not audio yet), fixed USB MTP mode, updated GPS HAL and blobs from bq bardock, updated Netmgr QMI DPM (Data Port Mapper) blobs from xiaomi daisy, fixed SELinux labeling for userstore partition which should solve Wi-Fi MAC issues for all YTX703F users, restarting qmuxd when userdata is encrypted, which should fix LTE for YTX703L users with data encryption
  • 2018-12-09: fixed alarms not firing, wifi tethering crashing, temporarily added back support for software dt2w

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 16.0 for Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus (YTX703F / YTX703L), ROM for the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

Contributors
vladimiroltean, Quallenauge, matshias
Source Code: https://github.com/Lenovo-YTX703-Dev...ts/picklist.sh

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: S000973_180524_ROW
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-10-03
Last Updated 2019-03-12
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to vladimiroltean For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vladimiroltean Ad-Free

3rd October 2018, 06:26 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
That is so quickly, and i also wondering did Google fired all the previous Android designer? bcz android 9.0 settings ui looks so badddddddddddd🤣🤣 BTW thx you guys efforts still excited for 16 happened👍👍👍
3rd October 2018, 07:04 AM |#3  
Flag Braga
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Dirty flash possible coming from last 15.1 build?
3rd October 2018, 09:58 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombraga

Dirty flash possible coming from last 15.1 build?

No. If you don't want to get your hands dirty then best just wait for official 16 builds (probably at least 2 months from now).
3rd October 2018, 10:25 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman56

That is so quickly, and i also wondering did Google fired all the previous Android designer? bcz android 9.0 settings ui looks so badddddddddddd🤣🤣 BTW thx you guys efforts still excited for 16 happened

I know right? Maybe by the time the Lineage 16 bringup is over we can do something about it.
3rd October 2018, 02:02 PM |#6  
Flag Braga

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimiroltean

No. If you don't want to get your hands dirty then best just wait for official 16 builds (probably at least 2 months from now).

Too much time, i will try it....

so i do wipe of cache date and system, yes and then install the new unofficial 16.0, right?
3rd October 2018, 02:07 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:

Too much time, i will try it....

so i do wipe of cache date and system, yes and then install the new unofficial 16.0, right?

Yup but first you have to backup, in case you want to roll back to 15.1
The Following User Says Thank You to cartman56 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cartman56 Ad-Free
3rd October 2018, 02:58 PM |#8  
Flag Braga

More
Can it be that the display is quite dark, even with 80% brightness, seems similar to the 15.1 update 2 weeks ago, where something with brigtness was no good.

I know, it´s a beta version now, but brightness should be a must to test the next 2 months....until official, thanks.
3rd October 2018, 03:03 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Is your issue that the display is dark despite being at max setting (a hardware issue), or rather that the automatic brightness control won't stay at max setting (a framework issue)?
3rd October 2018, 03:26 PM |#10  
Flag Braga

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimiroltean

Is your issue that the display is dark despite being at max setting (a hardware issue), or rather that the automatic brightness control won't stay at max setting (a framework issue)?

sorry, but i did not understand very well your comments.

i wanted only to say, that comparing with my last installation 15.1 with 45% brightness, now with LOS 16 seems to me, that 45% brightness is much more darker than before, so i put it on 80% now to have the same. But sure battery will spend more ....

In the meanwhile i could install opengapps 9 nano, magisk 17.1 all with not any problems, i like it very much the new build, thanks a lot... will use it and test it...

concerning dolby atmos: with 15.1 i had successfully installed the dolby-atmos-axon7-oreo installed---do you think i can flash ist also now with the new build?
3rd October 2018, 03:38 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

sorry, but i did not understand very well your comments.

I mean: if you disable automatic brightness control, is the screen any brighter?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
yoga-tab3-plus

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)