[uncontinued]HOWTO stock|Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8"/10"[4.2.2] + Easy KITKAT[4.4.2] ROOT!

Search This thread

aluk4rd

Jul 2, 2013
Regensburg
[uncontinued]HOWTO stock|Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8"/10"[4.2.2] + Easy KITKAT[4.4.2] ROOT!

EDIT:Since my device died in my bathroom, I cannot continue the support for this thread!!!

This is a guide for restoring the stock Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 (B6000) and Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 (B8000) ROMs [Android 4.2.2] (not for Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10hd+)​

To root your KitKat Yoga go to the second post.[*]​

This guide is just a translation from russian Lenovo forum.
All credits belongs to them. All image - rights belongs to them too.​

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these 
 * modifications.
 * This should be the last option, you'll do, if your device is soft-briked 
 * or the software
 * is too damaged (from rooting etc)
 */

Russian was my native language once (now I'm living in germany and my russian "skills" are little bit lower ;) ) And my english isn't very good too. So if yo don't understand what i mean, just ask in PM.

Versions: 4.2.2 Android for 8" and 10" Yoga Tablets (WIFI, 3G and WW_CALL)
ROM: Official Lenovo
Languages: Multilanguage (chinese, english, german, spanish, italian, etc
This guide works only with Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)

lenovo-yoga-tablet-1.jpg

At first let's begin with the ROM - download itself. There are different versions of those tablets, so choose wisely ;)
I'll post only the Android 4.2.2 versions of the rooms, if you want, you can update them by yourself with the OTA. It is because at the moment you can root the JB - version more easily. (FRAMAROOT for 4.2.2 Jelly Bean versions only!!)

You have to register on this forum for download - permissions!!

Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8":

Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10":

for download click on the green button on the top right side:
russ_down.png

Now, whyle you are downloading the ROM, lets look at the drivers you'll need.

At first you need Lenovo USB Driver [from this site] version 1.00.11. 9,28mb

Next step youl need some other drivers and tools:

for installing unsigned drives on Windows 8, follow the guide below:

1. Get access to Startup Options: HOWTO - Method 2 is the easiest way for me ;)
  2. Once you are there (After a restart) you have to choose number 7 (Disable driver signature enforcement)
    win_opt_1.jpg
  3. When you install unsigned driver after it, windows is allways asking you this:
    win_opt_2.jpg
    - install this driver anyway ;)

What do you need:
  • At least 30% of battery
  • All Driver from above and unzipped driwer for "Download mode"
  • time

Now let's begin.

1. Install the USB driver.
  2. Unzip The ROM and put it on your desktop.
  3. Turn off your device and unplug it from USB (if its pluged in).
  4. for Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP: Install the SP Flash Tool Driver Auto Installer from above and jump to step 7.
  5. go to "Device Manager (link for short guide)
  6. now when you are in your device manager it'll be a little bit tricky. When you NOW plug in your device (it have to be turned off), a new "unknown" device will appear. It will be there only for a few seconds, so you habe to be quick. RIGHT-Click on this unknown device and then go to "Update driver" in preferences. Then choose the driver you had downloaded and unzippt on your desktop. Thats it!
  7. Now start the FlashTool.exe, (I think which you'll find in your unzipped ROM in the "Upgrade tool" folder. And plug in your device (micro USB)).
  8. 1.jpg

9. Click on "Scatter loading" (like on the image above). Then go to your ROM (you know, on your desktop) and in folder "target_bin" choose this file: "MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" (I am nbot shure if its the same name on all ROMs, but it has to be something with "scatter" in its name.
  10. Click on "DA DL ALL WITH Cheksum" (without it, the device wont start after flashing and you have to flash all again) you'll see it on the pictures below:
  11. 2.jpg

12. The "FAC" - file will be propably not checked.
    3.png

Just choose it in your ROM folder by yourself in target_bin folder:
    4.png

13. Click on "Firmware -> Upgrade"
    5.jpg

14. Then you'll see some pink lines loading. When the lines bekame yellow, you can skip the next step.
  15. It can be, that after the pink lines the Flash Tool will stop and nothing will happen then. If it keeps for one minute you have to unplug your device for 30 seconds and than just plug in again. NOTHING ELSE!!!
  16. When the green lines appears, just wait till its finished. You'll see it, when the green circle appears:
    6.jpg

17. Unplug your device and restart. Don't panik, its multilingual and your language will be there (for shure), just click on the rigt chinese words in the first window which appears and scroll up.

After that you can easiely update your tablet to 4.4.2 with the OTA ;)

Happy flashing =)

Last edited:

aluk4rd

Jul 2, 2013
Regensburg
Easy Root your 4.4.2 KitKat ROM

HOWTO Root your 4.4.2 ROM:

At first you have to know, whats behind all the followigng steps.

It is not that easy to root this device with KitKat (at least at the moment).
  1. At first you have to install an app, which uses a hack and pushs a file in /system.
  2. next you start the installed app (which is in /system now) and with this app (Kinguser) you'll have Root rights
  3. most users dont believe in chinese root apps. So you have to install an another Rootapp, the best is SuperSU (link ist below)
  4. After you allow SuperSU the root rights, you can just uninstall the other two apps and enjoy the happiness of beeing rooted ;)

Now let's beginn:

1. Just download and install this file: Root_genious_General.apk

2. It will install a small tool, which can root your tablet. And it installs "Kinguser"
nebw4o.jpg
. It will ask you, to update your ROOT(1.0.23) to ROOT (1.1.33). It will be in chinese, just chose the right button and allow to update this tool.

2nhfb84.jpg

3. A circle will appear with "ROOT" in it. "Push" the button and magic will happen ;) (a progress bar) An yellow window will appear, in chinese, but you'll see, if it was a success ;) then you'll see Kinguser installed on your device. (if it don't works for the first time, just try it again)

1zgddnk.jpg

4. After that you need to reboot your device and download and install "SuperSU" from PlayStore.

5. Install SuperSU and then Kinguser will aks you, if you will allow SuperSU root rights. Chose "Yes" and now you have the rootrights. IF IT DOESN'T you have to reboot your device several times (don't know why, I needed several reboots and then it worked)

NOTE: I don't really know why, but it seems, like Kinguser do not recognize, that it has root permissions at the first time. I had to turn off the permission in Kinguser options, restart and give Kinguser the root permissions again, than restart again. Just play a little arround with whis option of Kinguser. Somehow it will work than. I had to do the game twice, and it worked both times. But really don't know why. :rolleyes:

6. After that you need to update your binaries in SuperSU and reboot your device.

143ia8g.jpg

7. Then you can uninstall both chinese APPs (Kanguser can just be uninstalled with Titanium Backup) and you are rooted then :)

Last edited:

mpatate

Feb 11, 2010
Hi, thanks for your post !

I can't go after the number 14 :/

77634520140820000851.png

At the bottom of the windows there is : Searching or USB but nothing happen.

I have installed LenovoUSBDriver and SP_Flash_Tool_Driver_Auto_Installer ...
I put the inf file in C:/windows/inf ...

I have tried in FastMode Boot on the tablet but nothing.

Where is my mistake ?

PS : I'm on Windows 7 x64

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English !

Last edited:

aluk4rd

Jul 2, 2013
Regensburg

I am not really shure, but I think its the step 6, what caused the problem. The drivers have to be installed manually, when you are plug in your device. it's not enough to "put" them somewhere. try to do this step by step, like i tried to translate :D

You open your device manager, turn your device OFF, plug it then on USB and than watch, when they appears a new device. very quick (you have 1-3 seconds I think), rightclick on it and than go to "Propperties", or "options" (dont really know what there is in your language ;) ). then "Update your drivers" and then choose the drivers manually. I hope it will help.

Last edited:

mpatate

Feb 11, 2010
I am not really shure, but I think its the step 6, what caused the problem. The drivers have to be installed manually, when you are plug in your device. it's not enough to "put" them somewhere. try to do this step by step, like i tried to translate :D

You open your device manager, turn your device OFF, plug it then on USB and than watch, when they appears a new device. very quick (you have 1-3 seconds I think), rightclick on it and than go to "Propperties", or "options" (dont really know what there is in your language ;) ). then "Update your drivers" and then choose the drivers manually. I hope it will help.
Waou, fast reply !
This is OK now, I don't know why, I restart the tablet and the software begin the work !
Now it's reboot and I have to choose my langage, thanks for all !

VelaJuel

Aug 23, 2014
Question

Good evening I would like to ask you to do the tempering the rom that you put should be the same as the build number of the device that I have or that does not matter does not play a role build number ???

aluk4rd

Jul 2, 2013
Regensburg
Good evening I would like to ask you to do the tempering the rom that you put should be the same as the build number of the device that I have or that does not matter does not play a role build number ???
Good evening.

as far as i know it is always a good idea to take the same build number,as you have. it can brick your device,because it could always be, that there are differences in the hardwre and also the drivers,between the builds.

VelaJuel

Aug 23, 2014
Good evening.

as far as i know it is always a good idea to take the same build number,as you have. it can brick your device,because it could always be, that there are differences in the hardwre and also the drivers,between the builds.

well my build number is B6000_A442_001_023_140811_ww_wifi but i can't find the same any help about were can i find it ?

VelaJuel

Aug 23, 2014
Very good work

Thank you for ur post stock work's perfect for me just dont miss any step and will work thank u again...

Last edited:
Reactions: aluk4rd

hardia

Oct 10, 2012
S. A. SDE
hi,

i'm stuck when the green circle appeared...

Capture.JPG

i stuck for more than 20 minutes...

what should i do?

redo whole process or wait for it?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 315

aluk4rd

Jul 2, 2013
Regensburg

Hello,

I am really sorry but I jujst can answer questions for my own device :) but i looked arround. as far as i can see, there is no stock rom to flash. I dont know if thats you, who postet this request in russian forum, but have a look there. The site admin will look, if he can find something [LINK]. Maybe he can find some help in chinese forums. Don't know, how he handle such requests.

You have a very special device number, build just without 3g for Ukraine, as I can see there. Hope, you'll find help there.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EDIT:Since my device died in my bathroom, I cannot continue the support for this thread!!!

This is a guide for restoring the stock Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 (B6000) and Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 (B8000) ROMs [Android 4.2.2] (not for Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10hd+)​

To root your KitKat Yoga go to the second post.[*]​

This guide is just a translation from russian Lenovo forum.
    All credits belongs to them. All image - rights belongs to them too.​

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these 
     * modifications.
     * This should be the last option, you'll do, if your device is soft-briked 
     * or the software
     * is too damaged (from rooting etc)
     */

Russian was my native language once (now I'm living in germany and my russian "skills" are little bit lower ;) ) And my english isn't very good too. So if yo don't understand what i mean, just ask in PM.

Versions: 4.2.2 Android for 8" and 10" Yoga Tablets (WIFI, 3G and WW_CALL)
    ROM: Official Lenovo
    Languages: Multilanguage (chinese, english, german, spanish, italian, etc
    This guide works only with Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)

lenovo-yoga-tablet-1.jpg

At first let's begin with the ROM - download itself. There are different versions of those tablets, so choose wisely ;)
    I'll post only the Android 4.2.2 versions of the rooms, if you want, you can update them by yourself with the OTA. It is because at the moment you can root the JB - version more easily. (FRAMAROOT for 4.2.2 Jelly Bean versions only!!)

You have to register on this forum for download - permissions!!

Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8":

Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10":

for download click on the green button on the top right side:
    russ_down.png

Now, whyle you are downloading the ROM, lets look at the drivers you'll need.

At first you need Lenovo USB Driver [from this site] version 1.00.11. 9,28mb

Next step youl need some other drivers and tools:

for installing unsigned drives on Windows 8, follow the guide below:

1. Get access to Startup Options: HOWTO - Method 2 is the easiest way for me ;)
    2. Once you are there (After a restart) you have to choose number 7 (Disable driver signature enforcement)
      win_opt_1.jpg
    3. When you install unsigned driver after it, windows is allways asking you this:
      win_opt_2.jpg
      - install this driver anyway ;)

What do you need:
    • At least 30% of battery
    • All Driver from above and unzipped driwer for "Download mode"
    • time

Now let's begin.

1. Install the USB driver.
    2. Unzip The ROM and put it on your desktop.
    3. Turn off your device and unplug it from USB (if its pluged in).
    4. for Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP: Install the SP Flash Tool Driver Auto Installer from above and jump to step 7.
    5. go to "Device Manager (link for short guide)
    6. now when you are in your device manager it'll be a little bit tricky. When you NOW plug in your device (it have to be turned off), a new "unknown" device will appear. It will be there only for a few seconds, so you habe to be quick. RIGHT-Click on this unknown device and then go to "Update driver" in preferences. Then choose the driver you had downloaded and unzippt on your desktop. Thats it!
    7. Now start the FlashTool.exe, (I think which you'll find in your unzipped ROM in the "Upgrade tool" folder. And plug in your device (micro USB)).
    8. 1.jpg

9. Click on "Scatter loading" (like on the image above). Then go to your ROM (you know, on your desktop) and in folder "target_bin" choose this file: "MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" (I am nbot shure if its the same name on all ROMs, but it has to be something with "scatter" in its name.
    10. Click on "DA DL ALL WITH Cheksum" (without it, the device wont start after flashing and you have to flash all again) you'll see it on the pictures below:
    11. 2.jpg

12. The "FAC" - file will be propably not checked.
      3.png

Just choose it in your ROM folder by yourself in target_bin folder:
      4.png

13. Click on "Firmware -> Upgrade"
      5.jpg

14. Then you'll see some pink lines loading. When the lines bekame yellow, you can skip the next step.
    15. It can be, that after the pink lines the Flash Tool will stop and nothing will happen then. If it keeps for one minute you have to unplug your device for 30 seconds and than just plug in again. NOTHING ELSE!!!
    16. When the green lines appears, just wait till its finished. You'll see it, when the green circle appears:
      6.jpg

17. Unplug your device and restart. Don't panik, its multilingual and your language will be there (for shure), just click on the rigt chinese words in the first window which appears and scroll up.

After that you can easiely update your tablet to 4.4.2 with the OTA ;)

Happy flashing =)
    Easy Root your 4.4.2 KitKat ROM

HOWTO Root your 4.4.2 ROM:

At first you have to know, whats behind all the followigng steps.

It is not that easy to root this device with KitKat (at least at the moment).
    1. At first you have to install an app, which uses a hack and pushs a file in /system.
    2. next you start the installed app (which is in /system now) and with this app (Kinguser) you'll have Root rights
    3. most users dont believe in chinese root apps. So you have to install an another Rootapp, the best is SuperSU (link ist below)
    4. After you allow SuperSU the root rights, you can just uninstall the other two apps and enjoy the happiness of beeing rooted ;)

Now let's beginn:

1. Just download and install this file: Root_genious_General.apk

2. It will install a small tool, which can root your tablet. And it installs "Kinguser"
    nebw4o.jpg
    . It will ask you, to update your ROOT(1.0.23) to ROOT (1.1.33). It will be in chinese, just chose the right button and allow to update this tool.

2nhfb84.jpg

3. A circle will appear with "ROOT" in it. "Push" the button and magic will happen ;) (a progress bar) An yellow window will appear, in chinese, but you'll see, if it was a success ;) then you'll see Kinguser installed on your device. (if it don't works for the first time, just try it again)

1zgddnk.jpg

4. After that you need to reboot your device and download and install "SuperSU" from PlayStore.

5. Install SuperSU and then Kinguser will aks you, if you will allow SuperSU root rights. Chose "Yes" and now you have the rootrights. IF IT DOESN'T you have to reboot your device several times (don't know why, I needed several reboots and then it worked)

NOTE: I don't really know why, but it seems, like Kinguser do not recognize, that it has root permissions at the first time. I had to turn off the permission in Kinguser options, restart and give Kinguser the root permissions again, than restart again. Just play a little arround with whis option of Kinguser. Somehow it will work than. I had to do the game twice, and it worked both times. But really don't know why. :rolleyes:

6. After that you need to update your binaries in SuperSU and reboot your device.

143ia8g.jpg

7. Then you can uninstall both chinese APPs (Kanguser can just be uninstalled with Titanium Backup) and you are rooted then :)

Waou, fast reply !
    This is OK now, I don't know why, I restart the tablet and the software begin the work !
    Now it's reboot and I have to choose my langage, thanks for all !

have a night shift right now :D ;)

you are welcome! ;)
    hi,

i'm stuck when the green circle appeared...

Capture.JPG

i stuck for more than 20 minutes...

what should i do?

redo whole process or wait for it?

NOOOOOOO!

green circle is good ;) it means you are ready. close the circle, close the software, unplug your device and start it ;)