[uncontinued]HOWTO stock|Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8"/10"[4.2.2] + Easy KITKAT[4.4.2] ROOT!

Search This thread

Raklm

Nov 18, 2006
lenovo ru forums are down now, can someone upload these files somewhere else?
Thank you!

blackhbosss

Dec 7, 2012
www.isyap.net
help me please

Thank you very much for all your help but I can't do it with the FlashTool I tried so many times and it did't work for me there is a usb problem it always disconnects. I have also installed all drivers and each stuff disconnected waited for 2 min again connected nothing has worked for me .

Can't I flash a Room with sd card in Recoverymod is that possible I have put the screenshot please help me .....
I thank for all help ....

Good__Guy

Feb 29, 2016
Hello

I could really need your help guys

I am getting error in sp flash tool at 35%

Error is BROM ERROR:S_DA_SDMMC_WRITE_FAILED (3149)

hint is empty

i have tried with win 8 and win 7, different cables but problem is still here

Thnaks

Iceteddy

May 18, 2016
Hello,
I've tried under Windows 10 64bit and worked like a charm! I've just installed Lenovo USB Driver and then run Flash Tool utility. Thanks a lot, it returns my dead tablet back to life!!! :laugh::good:

Lenovo Tablet 10 B8000 & B8000_A422_000_084_140310_WW_3GDATA

Last edited:

sethseth

Jun 8, 2016
need back up file

is anyone have a back up file via cmw of twrp? i need a file to fix my yoga tab 8 wifi version i really need it badly thanks

panteram11

Jul 5, 2016
have a night shift right now :D ;)

you are welcome! ;)

Hi guys!
i´ve followed all steps and got the green circle so I thought I nailed it! However I disconnected my tablet and it is not starting I get light on the screen but nothing appears I hear a quick music jingle but that´s all. It never starts.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

AlimaneDz

Jun 22, 2016
Oran
thats strange, because the originally guide was written for windows 7

thank you, at least i am not the only one, where it worked well :) ;)
You may lost your yoga in the bathroom :crying: , but you saved mine :good:
I followed all the steps , and my yoga is alive again
Flashed with windows 7 64-bit using the file from lenovo.ru
Yoga_tablet_B8000_A422_000_045_131111_WW_3G.rar
after that I update it easily with wireless
& now it's Yoga_tablet_B8000_A422_000_072_140122_WW_3G
Thank you so much aluk4rd

ol@fson

Dec 23, 2010
i know it's an old device and probably not worth the time but it bothers me .. So short history ..

Tablet was running fine until the OTA to 4.4 came up ... Shut down, restart - stuck in bootloop
Then I found this thread, downloaded the 4.2 firmware and could restore it .. Did the two updates on 4.2 and then, well yeah thought something went wrong on the first attempt to install the 4.4 update, so give it a second try, downloaded the OTA and .. stuck in bootloop again.
Reflashed the 4.2 and it's running fine.
Did a search and found the 4.4 firmware image (it's here btw, that's the 3G version) flashed it and .. bootloop again.

Right now it's bootlooping over and over and .. suddenly the "optimizing apps" window appeared and my thought was, oh it is actually doing something! but then, in the middle of increasing the numbers (app x/36) it rebooted again.

Does anyone have any idea?

EDIT: Running on 4.2 now, it still crashes and reboots randomly - So there might actually be some hardware failure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Odinbear

QuasarInfinity

Jan 5, 2017
Hi!
My android version is kitkat & model is ww_call, and i can't install any app in my tab coZ it's just not opening and continuously rebooting. I have no idea of how to root it but if you have then suggest please. ?????

kersteen

Dec 28, 2015
can this tutorial fix the LENOVO stuck on bootscreen? i can see only LENOVO when i turn on, and i cant access recovery by holding vol up + pwr btn . ?

LockStock&Barrel

May 3, 2013
can this tutorial fix the LENOVO stuck on bootscreen? i can see only LENOVO when i turn on, and i cant access recovery by holding vol up + pwr btn . ?

I have the same problem, but I can access recovery. However, I cannot CANNOT CANNOT get the flash tool to work. I'm ripping my hair out as I use this tablet for work. I am in DESPERATE need of a ROM that I can install via SD Card to get this back online.

aluk4rd

Jul 2, 2013
Regensburg
I have the same problem, but I can access recovery. However, I cannot CANNOT CANNOT get the flash tool to work. I'm ripping my hair out as I use this tablet for work. I am in DESPERATE need of a ROM that I can install via SD Card to get this back online.

i am really sorry,but as far as i know there will never be a flashable Rom for this device. lenovo is pretty ****ty to the community and there where never,or probably ever be source codes for its devices,so were sitting here with our old android devices,without support....

Reactions: Arkonite

LockStock&Barrel

May 3, 2013
i am really sorry,but as far as i know there will never be a flashable Rom for this device. lenovo is pretty ****ty to the community and there where never,or probably ever be source codes for its devices,so were sitting here with our old android devices,without support....

Yeah, I took a hammer to it and bought a different tablet last week. Now I know for certain why it doesn't work. :good:

Mragaiy

Feb 1, 2017
same help please

Hi, thanks for your post !

I can't go after the number 14 :/

At the bottom of the windows there is : Searching or USB but nothing happen.

I have installed LenovoUSBDriver and SP_Flash_Tool_Driver_Auto_Installer ...
I put the inf file in C:/windows/inf ...

I have tried in FastMode Boot on the tablet but nothing.

Where is my mistake ?

PS : I'm on Windows 7 x64

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English !

please if you find answer to you problem tell me i have the same , also i get the sign of battery recharge when i connect the tab

rfcgreg

May 29, 2017
Hello

I could really need your help guys

I am getting error in sp flash tool at 35%

Error is BROM ERROR:S_DA_SDMMC_WRITE_FAILED (3149)

hint is empty

i have tried with win 8 and win 7, different cables but problem is still here

Thnaks

Im now having this same issue, I have previously ran through the tutorial and it worked successfully at the time, however the tab crashed again and I have done the same thing with the same files (Saved to folder) however it failed at 35% too giving me same issue as quoted above. I have tried fresh files from the forums its no different. Even tried SP tool v5 which never worked either. Have also clicked the DA checkbox

Anyone know how to fix this one? the tab will only now loop saying "TOOL DL Image fail!" then reboot and same again, trying to access recovery does the same. Formatting it prevents it from powering at all (expected) but then when I try download or upgrade firmware options it just fails at 35% again with the same issue.

Zoli5

Aug 27, 2014
Im now having this same issue, I have previously ran through the tutorial and it worked successfully at the time, however the tab crashed again and I have done the same thing with the same files (Saved to folder) however it failed at 35% too giving me same issue as quoted above. I have tried fresh files from the forums its no different. Even tried SP tool v5 which never worked either. Have also clicked the DA checkbox

Anyone know how to fix this one? the tab will only now loop saying "TOOL DL Image fail!" then reboot and same again, trying to access recovery does the same. Formatting it prevents it from powering at all (expected) but then when I try download or upgrade firmware options it just fails at 35% again with the same issue.

I'm having this issue too. Did you get any solution for it?

amitroutray

Dec 31, 2011
@aluk4rd thanks for your effort. It's been a long time you are posted the fix. I did not know you are going to answer me or anyone here in the thread going to help me or not. But I am somthing wearied here.

I am attaching the Screen shots.
I received the tab from a friend. As I know little stuff about flashing and all. The tab keep bootloop all the times.

24vjosg.jpg

While in the boot looping it first erresing something then the android dead symbol is showing then it again booting up with the same process.

Now what I am thinking how I go with the No. 3 Turn off your device and unplug it from USB (if its pluged in). It cannot turn off :(

2z7l6pk.jpg

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Regards

Triggered from RN5pro

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [uncontinued]HOWTO stock|Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8"/10"[4.2.2] + Easy KITKAT[4.4.2] ROOT!

EDIT:Since my device died in my bathroom, I cannot continue the support for this thread!!!

This is a guide for restoring the stock Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 (B6000) and Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 (B8000) ROMs [Android 4.2.2] (not for Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10hd+)​

To root your KitKat Yoga go to the second post.[*]​

This guide is just a translation from russian Lenovo forum.
    All credits belongs to them. All image - rights belongs to them too.​

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these 
     * modifications.
     * This should be the last option, you'll do, if your device is soft-briked 
     * or the software
     * is too damaged (from rooting etc)
     */

Russian was my native language once (now I'm living in germany and my russian "skills" are little bit lower ;) ) And my english isn't very good too. So if yo don't understand what i mean, just ask in PM.

Versions: 4.2.2 Android for 8" and 10" Yoga Tablets (WIFI, 3G and WW_CALL)
    ROM: Official Lenovo
    Languages: Multilanguage (chinese, english, german, spanish, italian, etc
    This guide works only with Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)

lenovo-yoga-tablet-1.jpg

At first let's begin with the ROM - download itself. There are different versions of those tablets, so choose wisely ;)
    I'll post only the Android 4.2.2 versions of the rooms, if you want, you can update them by yourself with the OTA. It is because at the moment you can root the JB - version more easily. (FRAMAROOT for 4.2.2 Jelly Bean versions only!!)

You have to register on this forum for download - permissions!!

Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8":

Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10":

for download click on the green button on the top right side:
    russ_down.png

Now, whyle you are downloading the ROM, lets look at the drivers you'll need.

At first you need Lenovo USB Driver [from this site] version 1.00.11. 9,28mb

Next step youl need some other drivers and tools:

for installing unsigned drives on Windows 8, follow the guide below:

1. Get access to Startup Options: HOWTO - Method 2 is the easiest way for me ;)
    2. Once you are there (After a restart) you have to choose number 7 (Disable driver signature enforcement)
      win_opt_1.jpg
    3. When you install unsigned driver after it, windows is allways asking you this:
      win_opt_2.jpg
      - install this driver anyway ;)

What do you need:
    • At least 30% of battery
    • All Driver from above and unzipped driwer for "Download mode"
    • time

Now let's begin.

1. Install the USB driver.
    2. Unzip The ROM and put it on your desktop.
    3. Turn off your device and unplug it from USB (if its pluged in).
    4. for Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP: Install the SP Flash Tool Driver Auto Installer from above and jump to step 7.
    5. go to "Device Manager (link for short guide)
    6. now when you are in your device manager it'll be a little bit tricky. When you NOW plug in your device (it have to be turned off), a new "unknown" device will appear. It will be there only for a few seconds, so you habe to be quick. RIGHT-Click on this unknown device and then go to "Update driver" in preferences. Then choose the driver you had downloaded and unzippt on your desktop. Thats it!
    7. Now start the FlashTool.exe, (I think which you'll find in your unzipped ROM in the "Upgrade tool" folder. And plug in your device (micro USB)).
    8. 1.jpg

9. Click on "Scatter loading" (like on the image above). Then go to your ROM (you know, on your desktop) and in folder "target_bin" choose this file: "MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" (I am nbot shure if its the same name on all ROMs, but it has to be something with "scatter" in its name.
    10. Click on "DA DL ALL WITH Cheksum" (without it, the device wont start after flashing and you have to flash all again) you'll see it on the pictures below:
    11. 2.jpg

12. The "FAC" - file will be propably not checked.
      3.png

Just choose it in your ROM folder by yourself in target_bin folder:
      4.png

13. Click on "Firmware -> Upgrade"
      5.jpg

14. Then you'll see some pink lines loading. When the lines bekame yellow, you can skip the next step.
    15. It can be, that after the pink lines the Flash Tool will stop and nothing will happen then. If it keeps for one minute you have to unplug your device for 30 seconds and than just plug in again. NOTHING ELSE!!!
    16. When the green lines appears, just wait till its finished. You'll see it, when the green circle appears:
      6.jpg

17. Unplug your device and restart. Don't panik, its multilingual and your language will be there (for shure), just click on the rigt chinese words in the first window which appears and scroll up.

After that you can easiely update your tablet to 4.4.2 with the OTA ;)

Happy flashing =)
    Easy Root your 4.4.2 KitKat ROM

HOWTO Root your 4.4.2 ROM:

At first you have to know, whats behind all the followigng steps.

It is not that easy to root this device with KitKat (at least at the moment).
    1. At first you have to install an app, which uses a hack and pushs a file in /system.
    2. next you start the installed app (which is in /system now) and with this app (Kinguser) you'll have Root rights
    3. most users dont believe in chinese root apps. So you have to install an another Rootapp, the best is SuperSU (link ist below)
    4. After you allow SuperSU the root rights, you can just uninstall the other two apps and enjoy the happiness of beeing rooted ;)

Now let's beginn:

1. Just download and install this file: Root_genious_General.apk

2. It will install a small tool, which can root your tablet. And it installs "Kinguser"
    nebw4o.jpg
    . It will ask you, to update your ROOT(1.0.23) to ROOT (1.1.33). It will be in chinese, just chose the right button and allow to update this tool.

2nhfb84.jpg

3. A circle will appear with "ROOT" in it. "Push" the button and magic will happen ;) (a progress bar) An yellow window will appear, in chinese, but you'll see, if it was a success ;) then you'll see Kinguser installed on your device. (if it don't works for the first time, just try it again)

1zgddnk.jpg

4. After that you need to reboot your device and download and install "SuperSU" from PlayStore.

5. Install SuperSU and then Kinguser will aks you, if you will allow SuperSU root rights. Chose "Yes" and now you have the rootrights. IF IT DOESN'T you have to reboot your device several times (don't know why, I needed several reboots and then it worked)

NOTE: I don't really know why, but it seems, like Kinguser do not recognize, that it has root permissions at the first time. I had to turn off the permission in Kinguser options, restart and give Kinguser the root permissions again, than restart again. Just play a little arround with whis option of Kinguser. Somehow it will work than. I had to do the game twice, and it worked both times. But really don't know why. :rolleyes:

6. After that you need to update your binaries in SuperSU and reboot your device.

143ia8g.jpg

7. Then you can uninstall both chinese APPs (Kanguser can just be uninstalled with Titanium Backup) and you are rooted then :)
    Hi, thanks for your post !

I can't go after the number 14 :/

I put the inf file in C:/windows/inf ...

I am not really shure, but I think its the step 6, what caused the problem. The drivers have to be installed manually, when you are plug in your device. it's not enough to "put" them somewhere. try to do this step by step, like i tried to translate :D

You open your device manager, turn your device OFF, plug it then on USB and than watch, when they appears a new device. very quick (you have 1-3 seconds I think), rightclick on it and than go to "Propperties", or "options" (dont really know what there is in your language ;) ). then "Update your drivers" and then choose the drivers manually. I hope it will help.
    Waou, fast reply !
    This is OK now, I don't know why, I restart the tablet and the software begin the work !
    Now it's reboot and I have to choose my langage, thanks for all !

have a night shift right now :D ;)

you are welcome! ;)
    hi,

i'm stuck when the green circle appeared...

Capture.JPG

i stuck for more than 20 minutes...

what should i do?

redo whole process or wait for it?

NOOOOOOO!

green circle is good ;) it means you are ready. close the circle, close the software, unplug your device and start it ;)