FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ThinkPad Tablet Dock/Charging Fix???

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By anthonyloprimo, Junior Member on 9th July 2017, 02:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I come to you guys to hopefully get some information. I've been trying to find a way to charge my old ThinkPad Tablet without hoping I with the "charge the tablet long enough to be disappointed" lottery. I know originally the tablet either was designed or was just unable to charge quickly over USB, and I was OK with it, until an update or some other issue caused it to randomly cut out from charging some time after the screen goes off. It seems others have had similar issues when I've researched this in the past.

Unfortunately the tablet is very much off. No way of getting any response beyond a single vibration. No way of getting anything, without hovering over the tablet for more than 40 minutes in the hopes that I can get enough juice without damaging the USB port (which might be... it feels a little loose).

I remember some time ago I had seen people trying to reverse engineer and make some kind of power cable that attaches to the dock but I don't seem to see it anymore, and what I have found seems to have no more pictures regarding what was done or how it was obtained. And I'm willing to just shell out cash for a dock, however that's the next big issue. The dock seems to have vanished off the face of the earth. Sure, places list it once I FINALLY have located the part number, but it's out of stock. Nothing seems to work.

So my questions to you all:
Is there an updated place with the how-to to create a charger of my own? If not, is there any place I can obtain a dock that will work with the tablet? Another lenovo dock I can modify, even if I have to hack it apart (not if the dock connector is unique to the TPT or is something from other lenovo products)? Does anyone have a dock they're willing to provide to me for a reasonable
price?

...Do I have a $450ish brick of a birthday gift from a few years back?

I missed using it. It wasn't perfect but it was, at the time a great tablet for me. And I've been itching to clean it up and see what I can do to hack/modify the tablet/android/whatever... but I can't right now, while it's effectively a paperweight...

19th July 2017, 07:33 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Anything? I really am hoping someone has some kind of information I can use. Somewhere I can buy stuff, or a good link with details on building/hacking together a cable/dock...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)