By silentheero, Senior Member on 13th November 2015, 12:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
ionioni
17th November 2015, 06:04 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardPersona

Hey there. I posted something in another Tab 3 thread, but I think it was more for the Tab 3 Pro. It's a bit confusing right now cause there seems to be a lot of different SKUs for the same product name. Mine is the Lenovo Tab 3 10 - model YT3-X50F.

actually it's not that hard:
Yoga Tab 3 - 8" (YT3-850F) -> the cheap model of the 3 series, runs a Qualcomm cpu (ARM), pricetag 170$
Yoga Tab 3 - 10" (YT3-X50F) -> still on a budgetside, also with a Qualcomm cpu
Yoga Tab 3 Pro - 10" (YT3-X90F) -> the (more)expensive one, runs a Atom cpu (x86), pricetag 500$
F is the wifi only variant (L adds 4G but the price goes up too)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
17th November 2015, 06:13 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentheero

As for SKUs, I am not sure why they did that either. I think the 8" and 10" versions run on the same hardware, but the pro version uses something completely different. My model number is YT3-850F.

I would have thought they would remove the "Allow OEM unlocking" toggle. It was new with Lollipop - most devices I know don't make it that easy.

I found this link while trying to look up your model number. It suggests that we share the same radios (at least as far as Bluetooth SIG is concerned). And I could be wrong, but I think since the SoC has the radios built in, our boards would then be identical to develop on.

I can't post links yet, but Google "bluetooth sig D026975" and it'll pop right up.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionioni

actually it's not that hard:
Yoga Tab 3 - 8" (YT3-850F) -> the cheap model of the 3 series, runs a Qualcomm cpu (ARM), pricetag 170$
Yoga Tab 3 - 10" (YT3-X50F) -> still on a budgetside, also with a Qualcomm cpu
Yoga Tab 3 Pro - 10" (YT3-X90F) -> the (more)expensive one, runs a Atom cpu (x86), pricetag 500$
F is the wifi only variant (L adds 4G but the price goes up too)

True, but any vendor round these parts (US) doesn't list it by the OEM model number - just the marketing monikers. I found out only AFTER buying mine - which made it a bit frustrating when looking up exact specs. For example, the Lenovo site doesn't note the F or L variants - they just talk about the Snapdragon 212 in generalities. But as I now know, the F variant doesn't have LTE - despite it sharing the same SoC as the L.

So at least on my SKU (YT3-X50F TAB 16GBL-US-BBY), it is disabled by Lenovo.
17th November 2015, 08:46 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:

I found this link while trying to look up your model number. It suggests that we share the same radios (at least as far as Bluetooth SIG is concerned). And I could be wrong, but I think since the SoC has the radios built in, our boards would then be identical to develop on.

True, but any vendor round these parts (US) doesn't list it by the OEM model number - just the marketing monikers. I found out only AFTER buying mine - which made it a bit frustrating when looking up exact specs. For example, the Lenovo site doesn't note the F or L variants - they just talk about the Snapdragon 212 in generalities. But as I now know, the F variant doesn't have LTE - despite it sharing the same SoC as the L.

The Official Bluetooth SIG Member Site- D026975 Yep. That's the one. And there is a slight bump in the processor for the 10" one- from 1.1GHz to 1.3GHz- but that is probably because they clocked the chip in the 10" higher.

According to that too there is a M variant (YT3-850M).
ionioni
17th November 2015, 10:36 PM |#14  

More
Quote:

For example, the Lenovo site doesn't note the F or L variants - they just talk about the Snapdragon 212 in generalities. But as I now know, the F variant doesn't have LTE - despite it sharing the same SoC as the L.

not disabled... missing
your model (WiFi only) has a different antenna (with a single lobe) and also your mainboard is missing the sim electronics (they have different part numbers for different variants F/L/M)
so it's not like you can send a command and enable LTE or call on a F tab (YT3-X50 hw manual)
18th November 2015, 12:04 AM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionioni

not disabled... missing
your model (WiFi only) has a different antenna (with a single lobe) and also your mainboard is missing the sim electronics (they have different part numbers for different variants F/L/M)
so it's not like you can send a command and enable LTE or call on a F tab (YT3-X50 hw manual)

I've read that manual before and still reach the same conclusion. I'm not sure why you're arguing a point - not just once, but twice now. My opinion of the different SKUs and the "locking" of the SoC is not related to the task at hand. The focus should be on development.

They definitely do have a different antenna and the lack of a SIM tray can be problematic, but we both already knew that. What we don't know is how the components differ on the board-level. We do know there are different SKUs. Different board part numbers too. We do know that they share the same SoC, which is very helpful from a development standpoint... as well as confirming that there is an LTE radio on-chip. That's really all I said.
ionioni
18th November 2015, 12:31 AM |#16  

More
Quote:

I've read that manual before and still reach the same conclusion. I'm not sure why you're arguing a point - not just once, but twice now. My opinion of the different SKUs and the "locking" of the SoC is not related to the task at hand. The focus should be on development.

They definitely do have a different antenna and the lack of a SIM tray can be problematic, but we both already knew that. What we don't know is how the components differ on the board-level. We do know there are different SKUs. Different board part numbers too. We do know that they share the same SoC, which is very helpful from a development standpoint... as well as confirming that there is an LTE radio on-chip. That's really all I said.

disabled functionality is one thing, missing components required for a function is another. if you were to say: "at least on my SKU (YT3-X50F TAB 16GBL-US-BBY), i don't have all the required parts"
YT3 have three base models the two cheap ones and the pro one and they don't all share the same SoC (and the 10" pro is twice the price of the one you have)

fastboot enable LTE

it's not arguing, it's just asserting
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
21st November 2015, 12:46 AM |#17  
Flag London

More
might be possible to cwm
ok i've just got this tablet today and am quite pleased with it. I'm currently looking at creating cwm for as I can't find a way of rooting it also but I think it can be rooted using the super su update zip file this might take a while due to work so theres no guarantee I can do it though. can but try
22nd November 2015, 07:11 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmonty

ok i've just got this tablet today and am quite pleased with it. I'm currently looking at creating cwm for as I can't find a way of rooting it also but I think it can be rooted using the super su update zip file this might take a while due to work so theres no guarantee I can do it though. can but try

Kingroot just worked for me and I now have root access. Yt3-850f is my model. I need a custom recovery so I can install xposed.
24th November 2015, 01:54 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 232

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElrosMinyatur

Kingroot just worked for me and I now have root access. Yt3-850f is my model. I need a custom recovery so I can install xposed.

do you still get updates after rooting?
24th November 2015, 07:56 PM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElrosMinyatur

Cool, that's good to know that Kingroot worked. I wouldn't use it personally due to some questionable security things, but since it works, that means there should be a way to gain root without the proprietary software.

A few days ago, I tried the recovery from the Tab 2 for kicks. It did not boot. I have been looking into guides on how to build TWRP from source, but I'm stuck for the time being.
25th November 2015, 09:39 PM |#21  
here
Thanks Meter: 24

More
hallo all,

can anyone advise on rooting tab 3 ?

thanks!

edit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...t/dl/?id=12586 <-kingroot , trying now for euro version of lenovo tab 3 no dont work

I will appreciate if you can advise on rooting this device, thanks !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
yoga tab 3, yt3

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)