FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][MM6.0.1] AICP for H811 [WEEKLY]

129 posts
Thanks Meter: 195
 
By superfes, Senior Member on 9th March 2016, 03:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
.
.
.
.

AICP

Android Ice Cold Project


AICP is known by everyone as Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, Rom has always been AOKP based. Unfortunately, since AOKP either stopped development or will make a comeback later this year, we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or CM team if it concerns their modifications. This rom isn't CM supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!
.
.
.
.
.

In the beginning we would like to thank:
  • CM team
  • maxwen
  • Thoemy
  • SlimBean rom team
  • ParanoidAndroid team
  • CarbonRom team
  • LiquidSmooth rom team
  • Omni rom team
  • DU team
  • teemodk
  • audahadi
  • Community


  • @LorD ClockaN
  • @zipsnet
  • @n3ocort3x
  • @semdoc
  • @eyosen
  • @alienmind
  • @Chezbel
  • @Drgravy
  • @eboye
    .
    .
    .


We are now paying for servers that build nightlies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
Thank you!!




Latest Stable Release Version 10

Downloads:
AndroidFileHost
BasketBuild

((I've automated the builds but haven't updated this mirror in a while, when I find time I'll update it))
Mirror by @cajunflavoredbob: Files

Recommended Gapps: (ARM64/6.0)OpenGapps




Full Changelog link: Complete change log by the download link


  • Torch is spotty
  • SEPolicy is a WIP, set SELinux to permissive for best performance



ROMS should contain everything you need to enjoy Marshmallow. You are not required to install any Add Ons, simply download the latest ROM, gapps, flash it, and go!
You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.



How to flash:

  • Don't do it if you don't know it
  • Full wipe, flash rom, flash gapps, boot
  • ROM has gapps persistance in between dirty flashes
  • To update to M, you must flash the M modem and perform a full wipe


KERNEL:
Kernel in this rom follows CM source with custom additions.
Kernel has support for primary MultiROM ROM (includes kexec hardboot support)

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
To be able to flash over OTA app, TWRP recovery is needed.
You can still use CWM and OTA app, but only to download zip file and flash it manually from within recovery. Zip gets saved under AICP_ota folder on your internal SDcard.

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merge feel free to visit our gerrit, link is at the bottom!!!



IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

kernel github
device tree github
rom github
rom gerrit

You want to see a normal night at the DEV office, click here!!


XDA:DevDB Information
AICP for h811, ROM for the LG G4 (T-Mobile)

Contributors
superfes
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Status: Nightly

Created 2016-03-08
Last Updated 2016-04-19
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to superfes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift superfes Ad-Free
 
 
9th March 2016, 04:30 AM |#2  
DylanTheVillian's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Conroe, TX
Thanks Meter: 329
 
More
You beautiful, beautiful human! I'll be flashing immediately! Thank you sooooo much!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DylanTheVillian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DylanTheVillian Ad-Free
9th March 2016, 04:40 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 778
 
More
Downloading now will report back on how it is
Edit: Running amazingly right now smooth in general but like many ROMs recently there's a little bit of a notification area lag. I know Devs are working on a fix so overall great ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TacoTuco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TacoTuco Ad-Free
9th March 2016, 04:27 PM |#4  
superfes's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 195
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTuco

Downloading now will report back on how it is
Edit: Running amazingly right now smooth in general but like many ROMs recently there's a little bit of a notification area lag. I know Devs are working on a fix so overall great ROM.

Awesome, I hadn't tested this one personally ^_^
9th March 2016, 04:29 PM |#5  
cajunflavoredbob's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Your Basement
Thanks Meter: 6,999
 
More
The only issue I've encountered since flashing last night is during one phone call, the screen did not light up when I moved it away from my face. I made another call right after that, and it worked fine, so perhaps it was just a fluke.

Loving the customizations. I've missed using a good non-stock ROM. Is there a dark mode built in or just CM themes for that?
9th March 2016, 06:34 PM |#6  
ElfinJNoty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lantana, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,031
 
Donate to Me
More
CM theme engine
10th March 2016, 12:33 AM |#7  
ikenvape's Avatar
Senior Member
East PA
Thanks Meter: 407
 
More
Rock on Superfes! Thanks man
10th March 2016, 02:34 PM |#8  
mrbox23's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
First of, this is my favorite ROM yet! So many customizations! And that awesome boot screen! Thank you for building/sharing.

I gave this a go yesterday on the 3/8 nightly. Google now crashed after doing the ok Google thing consistently, and system ui crashed a couple times. I'm giving it another go today. This is too good not to keep playing with, I'm downloading the 3/9 right now, I'll leave some notes after a days use.

Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrbox23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrbox23 Ad-Free
11th March 2016, 01:00 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
How is the cell signal on this rom??? I want a cm rom with good signal strength. I'm tired of a lot of cm based roms having the cell drop issue
11th March 2016, 03:47 AM |#10  
mrbox23's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbox23

First of, this is my favorite ROM yet! So many customizations! And that awesome boot screen! Thank you for building/sharing.

I gave this a go yesterday on the 3/8 nightly. Google now crashed after doing the ok Google thing consistently, and system ui crashed a couple times. I'm giving it another go today. This is too good not to keep playing with, I'm downloading the 3/9 right now, I'll leave some notes after a days use.

Thanks again!

So after using this today, I get the same lag with notifications shade, recents, and lockscreen. Google now still crashing with ok Google commands using latest open gapps nano. Google now does the voice commands just fine, I wouldn't know if I didn't get the little sorry Google now crashed message.

Same story I had with AOKP pretty much.

Overall I love both the ROMs, I'm looking forward to improvements with the lag stuff. Being nightlies I hope that comes around.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiekool12

How is the cell signal on this rom??? I want a cm rom with good signal strength. I'm tired of a lot of cm based roms having the cell drop issue

Works fine for me
11th March 2016, 03:54 AM |#11  
cajunflavoredbob's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Your Basement
Thanks Meter: 6,999
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiekool12

How is the cell signal on this rom??? I want a cm rom with good signal strength. I'm tired of a lot of cm based roms having the cell drop issue

Slightly worse than stock, but not by much. Maybe a 10-15db difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbox23

So after using this today, I get the same lag with notifications shade, recents, and lockscreen. Google now still crashing with ok Google commands using latest open gapps nano. Google now does the voice commands just fine, I wouldn't know if I didn't get the little sorry Google now crashed message.

Same story I had with AOKP pretty much.

Overall I love both the ROMs, I'm looking forward to improvements with the lag stuff. Being nightlies I hope that comes around.

I've got the same issue. It only happens for me with Google on Tap. If I'm in the Google app, then it seems to work fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aicp, h811, lg g4, marshmallow

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes