[ROM][7.1] SlimRoms Nougat! [H811][Unofficial]

Search This thread

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
alaskalinuxuser3.ddns.net
idiot here, how do you actually install the rom?
No problem, we are all new at this once! Did you read the instructions in the op? Is there something that you need more help with?
Hey Guys, I really wanted to test this ROM on my unlocked G4 with serial starting 605 and 20V bootloader/modem . I was coming off of Imperium ROM 6.0 and flashing with TWRP. I started with a clean SD after wiping and formatting. I followed the instructions and the ROM would flash fine with no errors but first boot it would just stick at the new Nougat Android starting screen and eventually loop. Left it going for nearly an hour and its just kept looping. Phone got extremely hot. I attempted the same install with the latest Lineage and the Despacito ROMs which are all Nougat based and they did the same thing. Not sure why my phone is reluctant to install anything Nougat. You guys have any ideas what might be happening?
Hmmm.... I'm not sure, 20v is plenty new enough and has worked for others in this thread. I'm not sure what the problem is. What TWRP version are you using?

Sent from my LG-H811 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: darazor

Irishflyer

Feb 27, 2013
No problem, we are all new at this once! Did you read the instructions in the op? Is there something that you need more help with?

Hmmm.... I'm not sure, 20v is plenty new enough and has worked for others in this thread. I'm not sure what the problem is. What TWRP version are you using?

Hey AlaskaLinuxUser, thanks for the reply. I was using the latest version twrp-3.1.1-1-g4. You think I should test with am earlier version like 2.8.7.2?

Reactions: AlaskaLinuxUser

Irishflyer

Feb 27, 2013

hardware bootloop means your G4 is dead.. have you heard of the lg g4 bootloop search only way is to send it back to LG>

Thanks raptorddd, I'm experienced with the bootloop issue, with this being my second G4 after a warranty return. The bootloop would happen at the LG boot screen. My issue here is different, I just couldn't get the Nougat ROMs to boot they would start to load and get stuck as the Android initialization and get stuck. However I am running Imperium ROM without a problem.

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
Thanks raptorddd, I'm experienced with the bootloop issue, with this being my second G4 after a warranty return. The bootloop would happen at the LG boot screen. My issue here is different, I just couldn't get the Nougat ROMs to boot they would start to load and get stuck as the Android initialization and get stuck. However I am running Imperium ROM without a problem.

okey glad it was on software side. :good:

Brandon9231

Feb 5, 2016
Chicago
I'd suggest starting fresh and refurbishing via kdz. There shouldn't be anything wrong with your twrp since I'm using the same version without issues but it won't hurt to download it again before you reinstall it after refurbish.
Are you flashing anything along with the rom before the first boot? Wait until after the first boot to flash any mods; just the ROM, kernel, and gapps if you want them.

Sent from my LG-H811 using XDA Labs

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
I'd suggest starting fresh and refurbishing via kdz. There shouldn't be anything wrong with your twrp since I'm using the same version without issues but it won't hurt to download it again before you reinstall it after refurbish.
Are you flashing anything along with the rom before the first boot? Wait until after the first boot to flash any mods; just the ROM, kernel, and gapps if you want them.

Sent from my LG-H811 using XDA Labs

yes start fresh installing KDZ
theres new twrp actually 3 versions one for stock another for MM custom another for N custom. it happened like 2 days ago. so better to use suggested twrp.

Irishflyer

Feb 27, 2013
yes start fresh installing KDZ
theres new twrp actually 3 versions one for stock another for MM custom another for N custom. it happened like 2 days ago. so better to use suggested twrp.

Very good, I'll KDZ refurb and then test TWRP for Nougat and reflash. Thanks for the suggestions. Remind me when I flash via KDZ will I have to unlock bootloader again?

The Schrund

Dec 8, 2016
OnePlus 6
Can I Un-Root and keep the ROM?

Started with T-Mo H811 V20.x

I installed with root, decided that I didn't want root since some apps didn't show up in Play Store.

Fixed by wiping and reflashing via TWRP (using as non-root from OP).

Still had device showing up as uncertified and apps not showing in Play Store.

Fixed using Magisk/Hide.

Samsung Pay worked then gave security error after updating to version 1.6.x.

Fixed by rolling back version thanks to apk/mirror.

Asked before searching enough, found answers/fixes, all is well now. On Nougat 7.1 and everything is working.

Thank you so much!

Maybe we get Oreo version in time... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AlaskaLinuxUser

metropical

Sep 23, 2011
New York
currently my G4 H811 is V20x, rooted.
Do I need to KDZ 1st or can this go direct?
Same question with spouse phone except hers is H811 V20r.
Will it work with Magisk?

tsmith154

May 27, 2010
philadelphia
Booting into twrp problem

Hello, I installed the rom with intent to root.

This rom is great!

I went to do the last step, that is go back into twrp and run the super user install but I found I can't get back into twrp. I did multiple button combinations during the boot with no success. It just turns on the phone. I figure I would do the command method but I cannot get my computer to recognize my phone. I tried other computers to recognize it as well with no luck. Those computers always were able to see the phone and upload / download stuff. I have a fresh install of windows 10 and lost all the software I used to originally set up twrp and install a different rom.

I checked to see if my phone has root. A root checker said I do not.

Any thoughts anyone? If there are links you could post the hyperlink for the software I need I would greatly appreciate it.

Phanty

May 16, 2013
Hello, I installed the rom with intent to root.

This rom is great!

I went to do the last step, that is go back into twrp and run the super user install but I found I can't get back into twrp. I did multiple button combinations during the boot with no success. It just turns on the phone. I figure I would do the command method but I cannot get my computer to recognize my phone. I tried other computers to recognize it as well with no luck. Those computers always were able to see the phone and upload / download stuff. I have a fresh install of windows 10 and lost all the software I used to originally set up twrp and install a different rom.

I checked to see if my phone has root. A root checker said I do not.

Any thoughts anyone? If there are links you could post the hyperlink for the software I need I would greatly appreciate it.

I would recommend checking that you have TWRP installed correctly. If you have not enabled Android Debugging yet in the Developer options, do so. With adb installed on your computer, type adb reboot recovery to boot into twrp.

If twrp does not come up, you need to boot into twrp using fastboot, then flash the twrp image within twrp itself as a recovery image. If I recall correctly, twrp install doesn't stick at times when you only flash it through fastboot, but it's been some time since I've done this.

If twrp does come up after typing the adb command, then twrp is likely installed correctly. The key combination to boot into twrp on my h811 is to power the phone down completely, hold vol down + power, once the lg boot logo appears release power for half a second while still holding vol down and then keep holding power. It will bring up the factory reset menu. Navigate to yes twice, and it will boot to twrp and not factory reset your device if twrp is installed correctly. Scary, isn't it?

I think what I have written here is sufficient, but I would definitely recommend you to read the OP in this thread before doing anything: https://xdaforums.com/g4/development/recovery-twrp-3-touch-recovery-t3442424

If you want root you may want to read into the wonderful world of Magisk as well: https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

As always, make a backup and do plenty of reading before flashing. Best of luck.

Reactions: tsmith154

tsmith154

May 27, 2010
philadelphia
I would recommend checking that you have TWRP installed correctly. If you have not enabled Android Debugging yet in the Developer options, do so. With adb installed on your computer, type adb reboot recovery to boot into twrp.

If twrp does not come up, you need to boot into twrp using fastboot, then flash the twrp image within twrp itself as a recovery image. If I recall correctly, twrp install doesn't stick at times when you only flash it through fastboot, but it's been some time since I've done this.

If twrp does come up after typing the adb command, then twrp is likely installed correctly. The key combination to boot into twrp on my h811 is to power the phone down completely, hold vol down + power, once the lg boot logo appears release power for half a second while still holding vol down and then keep holding power. It will bring up the factory reset menu. Navigate to yes twice, and it will boot to twrp and not factory reset your device if twrp is installed correctly. Scary, isn't it?

I think what I have written here is sufficient, but I would definitely recommend you to read the OP in this thread before doing anything: https://xdaforums.com/g4/development/recovery-twrp-3-touch-recovery-t3442424

If you want root you may want to read into the wonderful world of Magisk as well: https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

As always, make a backup and do plenty of reading before flashing. Best of luck.

Your advice worked great.

tsmith154

May 27, 2010
philadelphia
Can I go from a 8.1 AOCP rom back down to a 7.1 Slim rom. When flashing I get an error code 7 talking about I can't flash over a newer level. going from 8.1 to 7.1 is not allowed.

I can go into the rom zip and delete the line that checks the level and get past this problem I think but is that a wise choice?

adam_s_459_

Mar 14, 2017
langley
Can I go from a 8.1 AOCP rom back down to a 7.1 Slim rom. When flashing I get an error code 7 talking about I can't flash over a newer level. going from 8.1 to 7.1 is not allowed.

I can go into the rom zip and delete the line that checks the level and get past this problem I think but is that a wise choice?
I deleted that line and my device is totally fine

Reactions: tsmith154

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    c774d6876b42e5a01b482e16834b62e5.jpg

To God be the glory, my Slim7 Nougat project finally works on the LG G4!

This is a very slimmed down version of Android Nougat, almost a "vanilla" experience with a few tasteful perks! By design, this ROM comes without root for those who wish to have a "pure" version without the entanglements that come with root, but it can also be easily rooted by using chainfire's SuperSU (see below for instructions and downloads). In it's default form, it is perfect for those banking apps, workplaces, and games that require you to have a phone without root. No need for tricks or hacks, all while having the latest and greatest Android on your phone.

Also, this unrooted ROM is great if you use a special SU, like a custom SuperSU, Magisk, etc. I don't support those directly, but in this ROM, you don't have to remove root so you can add those. DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!

**** This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. Install at your own risk! ****

This SlimRoms Nougat ROM was built for the H811 LG G4 T-Mobile variant using modified LineageOS trees. I have not tried this on any other device, but you are welcome to try it AT YOUR OWN RISK. The updater script may need to be edited. I did add a line for the H815, so that may work. Chime in if it worked on your device.

A huge thanks to the SlimRoms Project team!
    Disclaimer: SlimRoms is not responsible for any damages to your device.
    All of my work is completely available for any who wish to use or modify it. I didn't make SlimRoms, the device trees, or vendor blobs. I simply used and edited existing material. A huge thanks should go to those who actually created this stuff.

Downloads:
    Rom Download link:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/e0vhn6vwgsvyz/nougat

SuperSU download: (There may be other versions, 2.79 is the only version I personally tested.)
    http://www.supersu.com/download

Gapps link:
    http://opengapps.org/
    -Which I personally only tested Pico. Be sure to choose "Arm64" and "7.1".

The AKLU kernel:
    DOWNLOADING THE AKLU KERNEL IS NO LONGER REQUIRED, IT IS BUILT INTO THE ROM.
    https://xdaforums.com/tmobile-g4/development/kernel-nougat-kernels-t3622811
    Be sure to only choose the SLIM 7 version.

Be sure to follow these installation steps very carefully, as they may be different then what you are used to.

!!!FIRST BOOT TAKES LONGER THAN 5 EARTH MINUTES TO COMPLETE!!!
    !!!IF YOU FLASH SUPERSU, IT WILL REBOOT SEVERAL TIMES DURING INSTALL, THAT IS OKAY!!!
    !!!PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, AS THEY MAY BE DIFFERENT THEN WHAT YOU ARE USED TO!!!

Installation instructions ( TO BE NON-ROOTED ) :

-Download ROM, and if desired, gapps, and put them on your phone's external storage.
    -Reboot into recovery mode - TWRP (I peronally installed this using 2.8.7.0)
    -Backup what you had. (Just to be safe.)
    -Wipe. (I recommend an advanced wipe, but at least do the basic wipe.)
    -Install Rom.
    -Install Gapps. - Optional
    -Reboot and enjoy, reminder, it will take over 5 minutes to boot the first time!

Installation instructions ( TO BE ROOTED ) :

-Download ROM, SuperSU, and if desired, gapps, and put them on your phone's external storage.
    -Reboot into recovery mode - TWRP (I peronally installed this using 2.8.7.0)
    -Backup what you had. (Just to be safe.)
    -Wipe. (I recommend an advanced wipe, but at least do the basic wipe.)
    -Install Rom.
    -Install Gapps. - Optional
    -Reboot to system, reminder, it will take over 5 minutes to boot the first time!
    -Go back to TWRP.
    -Install SuperSU.
    -Let the system boot up. Note that it may reboot a couple times during the boot animation, that is okay.
    -Enjoy!

Code:
    What works:
    So far everything that I have tried works, such as
    - Camera for video and pictures
    - Phone calls/receiving
    - Data 2g/3g/LTE
    - Bluetooth
    - WiFi
    - PTP/MTP
    - GPS
    - Multi-Window
    - Substratum (if Rooted)
    - Developer Settings is fixed!
    etc....

What doesn't:
    - Let me know in the forums if you find other issues.

Main Features:

- Slim 7.1.2
    - SlimDim, now with 100% more dimming
    - SlimAction, Splits screen action (long press app in slim recent)
    - SlimRecents, an alternative recents
    - Notification log (long press statusbar header)
    - Kill app from notification (long pres app notification)
    - OmniSwitcher built in so the kill function works with or without root.
    - Advanced reboot (found under security settings).

SlimRoms XDA Forum: http://xdaforums.com/slimroms
    Source Code: http://github.com/SlimRoms/
    Official websites: http://www.slimroms.net/ or http://slimroms.org/

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.84
    Based On: AOSP and LineageOS.

My device and kernel trees: https://github.com/alaskalinuxuser/

Created 2017-06-14
    Last Updated 2017-09-07

Change log:
    Code:
    - Substratum now working if rooted.
    fw/base: Audioservice set BT_SCO status. Camera: Ignore torch status update for aux or composite camera. Camera2: Fix error callback if buffer is lost
    hw/qcom/bt-caf: Revert Merge tag 'LA.UM.5.5.r1-04900-8x96.0' into HEAD
    apps/Bluetooth: Directly inform Audio HAL regarding SCO state change
    apps/Dialer: IMS-VT: Transmit static image when multitasking
    apps/Snap: Automatic translation import
    codeaurora/telephony: IMS-VT: Add config that controls visibility of static Image UI
    vendor/slim: Updates to Tmo US APN, other misc build environment changes
    frameworks/av: Camera: Add null checks on mdevice to avoid crash
    frameworks/base: SEEMP: Add auth framework for outgoing sms messages. Audioservice: Set BT_SCO status. Camera: ignore torch status updates for aux or composite camra. Camera2: Fix error callback if buffer lost.
    frameworks/native: SF: Improve hwrotation handling. Native: Increase art heap limit to 192MB for 1024MB ram devices
    hardware/broadcom/wlan: Merge tag android-7.1.2_r28
    hardware/qcom/bt-caf: libbt-qcom: Allow reading BT address from property. Revert 'Merge tag 'LA.UM.5.5.r1-04900-8x96.0' into HEAD'
    hardware/samsung: wifiloader: load kernel module if present
    apps/Settings: Revert 'Settings[Wifi]: fix the input invalid length for WEP encryption.'
    apps/Snap: Add missing null check on isCamera2Supported
    Updates to Correios Celular (BR) APN
    Updates to build environment
    Merge android-7.1.2_r29
    hw/qcom/fm: Upstream LineageOS
    hw/samsung: Upstreamfrom LineageOS
    apps/Bluetooth: Translation updates
    resources/devicesettings: Translation updates
    Add WOM internet/mms APN
    hw/samsung: Updates to power, secril and macloaders
    apps/Dialer: Fix compilation warnings
    apps/Snap: Fix low resolution front camera icon
    Updates to sensitive phone numbers
    fw/base: PowerProfile: allow overriding default power profile
    hw/qcom/fm: Update colors and translations (LineageOS)
    apps/Bluetooth: Translation updates (LineageOS)
    apps/Settings: MSIM: Fix user set DDS sub in hotswap cases.
    apps/Snap: Translation updates (LineageOS)
    resources/devicesettings: Translations update (LineageOS)
    vendor/qcom/opensource/dataservice : datatop: Fix out_dir array empty content verification. datatop: Remove unused variables from datatop_ip_table_poll.c
    vendor/slim: Updates to APNs, sensitive phone numbers, offline charging graphics and build configs
    Translation updates
    bootable/recovery: Updater: Allow devices to supress BLKDISCARD
    fw/base: ScreenCap: Add support for jpeg. Bootreceiver: check console-ramoops-0
    fw/native: Updates to surface flinger (Upstream from LineageOS
    hw/qcom/fm: Upstream from LineageOS
    hw/samsung: Updates to power and secril (upstream from LineageOS)
    apps/Snap: Upstream from LineageOS
    Merge android-7.1.2_r23
    Fix default notification, alarm and ringtones Bug: #318
    fw/base: Reduce the setTransactions. SystemUI: Fix Notification Background Color Issue
    hw/qcom/audio: hal: add missing incall recording usecases and check
    hw/samsung: Upstream from LineageOS
    apps/Snap: Add overlay for restarting camera preview for additional cameras
    system/core: fs_mgr healthd: check console-ramoops-0. init.rc: setup console-ramoops-0. logcat: Add missing newline to read failure
    MusicFX: Updates and changes from CAF, Omni, DU and AospExtended
    Add Ambient Display QS tile
    Sensitive numbers: Update MCC codes
    stagefright-plugins: Fix 'supported' typo in log
    fw/av: CameraService: fix cameraId type of onDeviceStatusChanged
    hw/qcom/audio-caf/msm8916: Merge tag 'LA.UM.5.5.r1-04900-8x96.0' into HEAD
    hw/qcom/bt-caf: Merge tag 'LA.UM.5.5.r1-04900-8x96.0' into HEAD
    hw/qcom/fm: Update translations
    hw/qcom/keymaster: Add msm8996 and msm8998 into support list
    apps/Snap: Update translations
    services/Telecomm: SensitivePhoneNumbers: Handle lists of MCC codes
    Update APN's for China Telecom Macau
    misc build changes
    Update translations
    Fix brightness bar not always registering touches
    ffmpeg: Rebase to latest LineageOS
    stagefright-plugins: Revert 'FFmpegExtractor: Don't use our extractor when we agree with StageFright'. Add support for opus files
    frameworks/base: Binder: be forceful about a forceful exit. Add support for Opus format.
    contactsprovider: Fix merge error, Should fix Visual Voice Mail
    mediaprovider: Revert 'MediaProvider: Fix where condition of delete queries and Fix check for existence of parent'. Fix SQLiteDiskIOException. Fix force closed when plug out the SD card while music is playing. Fix thumbnails of new edit photos display wrongly in Documents. Fix failure in android.provider.cts.MediaStore_FilesTest
    Add sensitive numbers for Ukrain, Greece, Taiwanese.
    Fix sensitive number for Czech Republic
    Add apn for Japan Umobile APNs
    device/qcom/common: Use correct opcode for STOE_CLK_SCALE_DIS
    fw/base: Upstream fixes from master, Add null check for action bar
    hw/qcom/display-caf/msm8916 msm8974: hwcomposer: Fix regression in hwc_sync
    hw/qcom/display-caf/msm8994: hwcomposer: Fix regression in hwc_sync, libmemtrack: Fix integer overflow in kgsl function, Fix duplicate copy file rules
    hw/qcom/media-caf/msm8994: vdec:Do not call stream_off on input port if all EBD's are not flushed.
    hw/ril ril-caf: fix a memory leak.
    hw/samsung: Add BLN support, Fix fast blinking notification LEDs, exynos: multimedia: add support for OMX_IndexParamVideoIntraRefresh parameter
    apps/Nfc: make T3T/Nfc-F HCE options
    apps/Snap: Upstream from LineageOS
    providers/MediaProvider: New material icon, Fix where condition of delete queries
    system/core: fix healthd include paths, Init: Run restorecon_recursive asynchronously
    Update sensitive phone # for BR, PT, GB and FR. Add Virgin Media Ireland to APN's
    Fix SlimDoze triggers not following Ambient Display
    Expose more resources for OMS
    fw/base: Minor fixes and optimizations
    Snap: Simulate back button when menu button is pressed, Add orientation correction for landscape devices, Sign with platform keys
    system/bt: Disable AVRCP 1.6
    Add sensitive phone # for Israel
    Merge June security update (android-7.1.2_r17)
    Translation updates
    Updates to battery stats counter reset
    hw/qcom/audio-caf (msm8916 & msm8996): Upstream from LineageOS
    hw/qcom/media-caf (msm8916 & msm8996): Upstream from LineageOS
    hw/samsung: Upstream from LineageOS
    system/core: Updates to sched_policy
    Updates to sensitive phone numbers

- Added in the new Slim Theme Manager
    (However, as of this writing, there are no compatible themes....)

- Fixed the developer settings.

-Added several base apps.
    -Cosmetic fixes/updates.
    -Added OmniSwitcher as optional switcher/tasker.
    -Initial release!
    Screenshots and features.

Screenshots and features.
    An oddity that I've noticed on this and other Slim nougat ROMs:

Sometimes, when you use wave 2 wake, or press the power button to turn on the screen, the screen does not appear to come on. In reality it does, but the backlighting is not on, so the screen is too dark to see.

This is rare, but when it happens, I push the power button to turn off the screen, then push again to turn on, in which the screen is bright again.

I'll try to look at the settings to see where the disconnect is.

Without substratum it's no ones ROM

there is no slim

Clearly things haven't changed. Couple releases and it will be considered done till next android version

Rolls eyes

This ROM is almost stock AOSP

Someone that wanted that already has a nexus or Motorola or google pixel

No time invested = no downloads

First of all....

He is compiling the room from source. All your points are valid, but he isn't developing the room. Just building it for our devices so that if people want a slimmed down, closer to AOSP version of Android to run on their phones and mod to their content...... Here it is.

Second of all, OP is one of only remaining devs doing ANYTHING for Tmo H811 and he should be thanked and not criticized. He is not doing any of this and sharing just for your taste in ROM. And OP can chose to continue builds or stop at anytime. His time has already been invested, and you should be grateful he's done what he's done.

I'm not sure if maybe English is not your first language or something? I know that can cause some unintentional rudeness. But you do sound rude, arrogant, and entitled.

If this style of rom is not to your liking, than use something else as already suggested. Take your complaints about what SlimRoms is missing to SlimRom development team, not this kind guy that is simply building it for our device.
    I just fixed the developer options menu. Uploading now. I have slow internet, so it will be a couple of hours.... Here's a screenshot:
    1497891141600.jpg

Update is in the OP, ready for download!