[STOCK][M][TMO] H811 20i Images + KDZ + Flashable Zips + OEM Unlock

Search This thread

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
get KDZ 20v .. once downloaded unzip it.
install LGUP follow instructions only 2 files.
place phone into download mode vol up- then plug usb cable.
open LGUP. tick upgrade... lower i think it says bin next to a box . untick.. and 3 dots will appear. click to browse to KDZ file once you find it. select it. noe next youll see the new KDZ in lower part not on top.
exit program then open it again this time select refurbished click start... NOTE you cannot rollback to lollipop or MM 20i or lower.
refurbished will wipe clean all phone.

for twrp use this .. its official

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72404188&postcount=414

i use minimal adb fastboot. so what i do is place the twrp.img there. in c/program files /minimal adb.. and in that window in an empty space... click and hold shift KEY and then on mouse right click and select open command prompt here.. and jus make sure the command has same name as the twrp or rename twrp.img and edit the command to be the same
fastboot boot twrp.img
place a copy of the same twrp so you can install it permanently. once you boot into twrp. click install then lower part click on image browse for twrp.img and install.. make sure to tick recovery flash and you should have it permanently.
hopw i made some sense..

Using Minimal I tried this:
Install via ADB

Open the folder where your TWRP Recovery .img file is saved.
Then open a CMD window inside that folder. To do that, Shift + Right click on any empty white space inside the folder and then select Open command window here.
Connect your Android device to the PC. Type the following into the command window to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
└ If your asks for permission to “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK.

Once your device boots into bootloader mode, type this into the command line.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img
└ Here modify twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery .img file.

Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
fastboot reboot

And I get this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (32340 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.068s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 1.088s

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
Using Minimal I tried this:
Install via ADB

Open the folder where your TWRP Recovery .img file is saved.
Then open a CMD window inside that folder. To do that, Shift + Right click on any empty white space inside the folder and then select Open command window here.
Connect your Android device to the PC. Type the following into the command window to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
└ If your asks for permission to “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK.

Once your device boots into bootloader mode, type this into the command line.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img
└ Here modify twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery .img file.

Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
fastboot reboot

And I get this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (32340 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.068s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 1.088s

i do not know this error i never had error. must be something it says unknown command. rename twrp to just that and in command too..

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
i do not know this error i never had error. must be something it says unknown command. rename twrp to just that and in command too..
The device is showing under adb devices when booted up, but when in bootloader it does not. I am able to do "fastboot reboot" to reboot the device. I tried "fastboot reboot recovery twrp.img" but got nothing. My twrp file is twrp.img and in the "minimal adb and fastboot" folder.

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
The device is showing under adb devices when booted up, but when in bootloader it does not. I am able to do "fastboot reboot" to reboot the device. I tried "fastboot reboot recovery twrp.img" but got nothing. My twrp file is twrp.img and in the "minimal adb and fastboot" folder.

i think the recovery part its the cause this is what i have last time i use it .. there was not the new link availble..
this is my comand and name of twrp file. they both match

fastboot boot twrp-3.1.1-0.img

thers no (recovery) in command

Reactions: AlaskaLinuxUser

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
I believe it was a driver issue. I uninstalled all things that looked like LG or mobile. Found an official LG driver installer and updated drivers. I also got a different adb tool and used it to boot into the twrp. Then I used that twrp to do the full install of twrp and then SU.

All is good. Used rebooter to prove root and rebooted to recovery. Now I just need to carrier unlock!

infamous916

First let me start off by saying I'm not new to flashing or how to install a new rom.
I flashed this on my tmo lg g4 and it has bricked my phone

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

I downloaded the complete flashable zip
Booted twerp
Wiped 3x
Installed complete zip
Started reboot
It asked if I wanted to install twerp app I declined
Rebooted
Black screen no response

Last edited:

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
First let me start off by saying I'm not new to flashing or how to install a new rom.

Booted twerp
Wiped 3x
Installed complete zip
Started reboot
Rebooted
Black screen no response

what android version you had before.? theres antirollback on our h811.

rzracer2

Feb 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9

Booted twerp
Wiped 3x
Installed complete zip
Started reboot
Rebooted
Black screen no response

I can confirm this, I should have been more diligent and researched what versions I can flash as I was on 20v. You can get back up and running by following the unbrick procedures and booting off an SD card then using LG UP, just did it this past Friday

yemkoid

Apr 20, 2013
Still on 20q, do I have to roll back to 20i before I can flash unlock bootloader, flash TWRP superSU? sorry my first time using G4

nounouliza

Nov 15, 2015
Pleas i need stock recovery for lg g4 h811 pleas help me i flash à rom and i have problème in sim card not detected

robles4242

Sep 19, 2014
Just got me a H811 from ebay for $10! Im on H81120x by default. Is that before or after 20q?

I used this method to UnlockBL,TWRP and Root.
Blows my VS986 out of the water when it comes to easy working lol!

Gaptain4

Mar 5, 2018
I need some real help. I was using the latest pie build of the aoscp rom. I felt like i wanted to go back to the stock rom because of the knock feature. But after flashing the zip,I faced bootloop..And then i did factory reset in twrp but still no luck..Then i went to the download mode and using LGUP refurbish mode, i flashed h81120x android ver. 6.0.x and it showed me that the bootloader was still unlocked. Idk why but when i tried to boot my phone,i still had the same bootloop issue and when i searched for a fix, many suggested to remove the main board and use a heatgun over the processor which i felt was really dumb... But i still removed the main board and tried to do it..But still the phone faces boot loop..It keeps on factory reseting on its own and tries to boot..No luck..Please i really need this phone...Any kind of help is appreciated.

you do know the lg g4 us models have the infamous bootloop issue from day 1 right? unless you do something drastic like send it in for repair or replacement or replace the motherboard for an international model 815 or 818 yourself if any are still available on ebay since now it has been what 3 years. this went to federal court as well but it was not even and class action so it was still a mess.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PPznrzD.jpg

Official stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow 20i files for the T-Mobile LG G4 H811 variant only. Included below: TWRP-flashable stock rom, boot, modem and bootloader zips. Stock 20i KDZ and individual images are also included.

20i NOTES...
    1. *AntiRollback / QFuse V2* Safe to downgrade to 10N only.
    2. Marshmallow bootloader requires bootloader unlock via fastboot

Requirements:
    You must have TWRP 2.8.7+ installed to use these zip files. Thanks to Dees_Troy as always for that. Or you need LGUP installed to flash the KDZ in download mode.

Install Directions:
    You can install stock 20i M with zip files in TWRP or flashing a KDZ in LGUP or LG Bridge. Due to the new 20i bootloader fastboot oem unlock requirements there is almost no benefit in using one method over the other.. both KDZ or ZIP upgrade methods work. If coming from Lollipop there is no way to retain TWRP or root since the new bootloader has a new unlock method.

To flash via zip in TWRP:
    1. Download LG-H81120i-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip place it on internal or external sdcard (external preferred).
    2. (re)Boot into TWRP if not there already.
    3.* Backup current partitions: boot, system, data, efs to external sdcard if possible (optional but suggested)
    4.* Up to you if you want to wipe data (TWRP > Wipe > Swipe slider) but not needed if coming from a stock rom.
    5. Install LG-H81120i-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip (Install > select zip > swipe to confirm/flash)
    6. After zip finishes you can reboot into M! (if TWRP asks if you want to install SU, HIT NO!!!)
    7. If you want root or TWRP follow the bootloader unlock directions in the next section below.

To flash via KDZ:
    1. Easiest way to flash the KDZ is just using the official LG Bridge tool. You can grab it for Windows or Mac HERE
    2. Alternative to LG Bridge is downloading the 20i KDZ yourself from the Codefire directory link further below then following the LGUP thread HERE for a how-to on KDZ flashing. .
    3. If you want root or TWRP follow the bootloader unlock directions in the next section below.

Bootloader OEM Unlock + Root:
    Starting with the Android 6.0 20i bootloader it has to be unlocked, sorta like a Nexus, with fastboot. Previously only 'OEM Unlock' had to be toggled in Android Developer settings for TWRP or custom boot images to work.

1. Flash stock 20i using zip or KDZ. Boot into Android after upgrade to 20i.
    2. Download the twrp-2.8.7.1-h811.img file HERE. This file needs to be on your computer and external sdcard*.
    3. Download the latest SuperSu zip (2.67+) from HERE [Thanks to Chainfire] and stick on external sdcard*.
    4. Confirm "OEM Unlock" is set to enabled in the hidden Developer Settings.
    5. Enable "USB Debugging" in Developer Settings, connect USB cable PC <-> Phone... and send the following 3 commands in command prompt/terminal:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader  (phone reboots to bootloader)
    fastboot oem unlock (this wipes ALL data!!)
    fastboot boot twrp-2.8.7.1-h811.img  (phone boots TWRP)
    6. For perm TWRP: In TWRP hit Install > Images... (bottom right corner) > select TWRP.img on ext sdcard > select "recovery" > swipe.
    7. If you want root: Hit the Home button > Install > select SuperSU zip on external sdcard > swipe.
    8. All done. Reboot into Android. (if TWRP asks if you want to install SU, HIT NO!!!)

*if you do not have an external sdcard to save SuperSU and the TWRP.img onto.. you will need to skip saving the files to sdcard until AFTER you fastboot OEM unlock and boot into TWRP. After fastboot booting TWRP you can use adb push to put SuperSU and TWRP.img onto the internal sdcard to install with TWRP. Or you can use the MTP mount option in TWRP and drag n' drop the files from the computer to the phone. You cannot store the files on the internal sdcard before the OEM unlock because OEM unlock wipes all you data.

Please do not mirror my files!
    Downloads:
    LG-H81120i-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip
    100% stock untouched system, boot, modem and bootloader.

LG-H81120i-Flashable.Modem.zip
    This is a flashable stock 20i modem.

LG-H81120i-Flashable.Boot.zip
    This is a flashable stock 20i boot.img. Boot.img contains kernel + dtb + ramdisk.

LG-H81120i-Flashable.Bootloader.zip
    This is a flashable stock 20i bootloader. It contains aboot, factory, hyp, laf, pmic, raw_resources, rpm, sbl1, sdi, sec and tz. If you have not already unlocked the bootloader through fastboot on 20i or higher... you will need to run stock LG M to unlock before using the M bootloader on CM or AOSP roms.

Also, KDZ + all stock images for 20i are available in the link below...
    CODEFIRE DIRECTORY

MD5 Sums:
    Click button below to view MD5 for each file...
    MD5 (aboot.img) = 1d46ac119f89e48bb5c7d412a01eaf70
    MD5 (boot.img) = 01ae6bd65523428567cbd5e012b1fef7
    MD5 (factory.img) = 6e2d5a6f596befbb9b4a6852712b0c6c
    MD5 (H81120i_00_0201.kdz) = 21b011e8b0410b64336c40bf6817f32a
    MD5 (hyp.img) = 2c633be343054a300e4c161158762db3
    MD5 (laf.img) = c7b4b2e478ce4749089d07de3a0be823
    MD5 (LG-H81120i-Flashable.Boot.zip) = bfa2f1b8cbb9a55af23be7ac080c1ea4
    MD5 (LG-H81120i-Flashable.Bootloader.zip) = 527bb58d7f9fcbaa383c6b4500d91424
    MD5 (LG-H81120i-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip) = bf9d74bb603063e3e45549e1cfef9c4d
    MD5 (LG-H81120i-Flashable.Modem.zip) = 3509dda24c85cb60c07d5818823e9524
    MD5 (modem.img) = 7e67c715f70b5b6d797a2c6c71247279
    MD5 (persist.img) = 451427e31a42ff055adeb7364b9b927d
    MD5 (pmic.img) = 27949a20917c61f9fbb296178565b4b1
    MD5 (raw_resources.img) = 43d74c6229d6e4ac851844ce8933c0c7
    MD5 (rct.img) = 03e489583925004bab373b4fd71ab251
    MD5 (recovery.img) = 41c1d13acd617d882e8f8ac678ce3b94
    MD5 (rpm.img) = 3f1c59968b8c798fbb664cd279076deb
    MD5 (sbl1.img) = a7ee1a6e3370917b6b57e927b337a83e
    MD5 (sdi.img) = df16bace89164b4a8ad224fb0ca4f4c8
    MD5 (sec.img) = e1d32ec012c59dd9020687ea71241d1a
    MD5 (system.img) = d1f18956219cfe75d0732d1ce7be31ea
    MD5 (tz.img) = 0088536b7dbf8013fb49055db5410a7f

Downgrade:
    To downgrade you can use TWRP to restore your backups... and then just flash the matching bootloader zip and modem zip from my previous threads... or just check the CODEFIRE DIRECTORY link for previous stock files.

OR

Use LGUP HERE to flash a previous KDZ version. KDZ will remove TWRP but easy enough to reinstall that.

y u quote OP?

Follow me on twitter for future updates on LG-related things - twitter.com/@utoprime

Find this thread helpful? Like getting M ASAP? Enjoy flashable zips? Hit the Thanks button!
    Feeling extra generous? Hit the Donate button under my name in post #2 or click my name at the top of this post.
    Seems XDA removed the visible Donate button in OP. Thanks XDA...

Thank you to the following people for their donation:
    @MickyFoley
    @mark-e-mark

#TEAMCODEFIRE
    @autoprime
    ok here is what i did to get Root and TWRP coming from 10n (lollipop)(thanks @aoaleman for just saying using wrong file :D )

NOTE: DON'T COPY NOTHING TO YOUR INTERNAL STORAGE will get WIPE during this process

1- Download h81120i_Complete, from OP (preferable move or leave it to External Storage/SD Card)
    2- Download twrp-2.8.7.1-h811.img (This is the only one work for me)
    NOTE : Copy this file to your SD Card and to where your ADB/Fastboot is located on your PC.

3- Download and Move it to your SD Card BETA-SuperSU-v2.67-20160121175247.zip
    4- Reboot to Custom Recovery/TWRP
    5- Flash h81120i_Complete (@thank you @autoprime)
    6- Reboot system
    7- Enable OEM Unlock under Developer Option
    8- Enable USB Debugging under Developer Option
    9- Connect your Device to PC (assuming you have the drivers install and ADB/Fastboot)
    10- type : adb devices (this is just to make sure device is connected/visible)
    11- type : adb reboot bootloader (WAIT TILL REBOOTS TO BOOTLOADER)
    12- type : fastboot oem unlock
    13- type : fastboot boot twrp-2.8.7.1-h811.img (THIS WILL TEMPORARY BOOT YOU TO TWRP)
    14- while you are in TWRP.
    15- Flash BETA-SuperSU-v2.67-20160121175247.zip
    16- Flash twrp-2.8.7.1-h811.img (For permanent Custom Recovery if you want it)
    17- REBOOT SYSTEM
    18- DONE ,

now you'll have ROOT and TWRP :D
    I'll be using this space to respond to some questions rather than posting throughout the thread where others may not see it. Everything should be pretty standard at this point though. These are 100% stock files.. not debloated or deodexed or anything.

Feb 16 2016
    I have edited the OP to suggest the 2.8.7.1 TWRP over the 3.0.0-0 version for now. I have had a few users in IRC tell me that after flashing 20i, unlocking bootloader, installing twrp then flashing CM13 causes some issues with data not mounting and some mention of "cannot find crypto footer". Will talk to dees_troy tomorrow hopefully and see what's what.... not sure if it's a TWRP issue.. or an LG issue or wat. But just in case.. using a known good working TWRP is the best bet for now.

Q & A:
    Q:
    I know the answer but, updating via LG Bridge will loose Root/TWRP right?
    If that the case which i know it is, is there a way to root in Marshmallow? Or is just safe to flash the files but stock recovery?

A:
    due to the new bootloader unlock on 20i it is possible to flash stock unrooted 20i and then bootloader unlock and install TWRP/root. Directions for bootloader unlock are in the OP!
    I see you didn't follow me advice ,:eek: i hope some one can confirm about downgrading doesn't produce a brick using the 10n KDZ. So that way we/us users can downgrade and Root/TWRP without a problem.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

This is awesome News, can you provide Steps? (Commands and so on) so others can follow without a problem?
    Thanks man

Here are the steps I took to achieve root on the TMO MM update

used adb to boot into fastboot mode- adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot (recovery image location/name ... I used twrp-2.8.7.2-h811.img located on my desktop (I just dragged and dropped the twrp image into the command window) This will boot you into a "temp" TWRP recovery, flashed the TWRP 2.8.7.2 zip located on my SD card
    rebooted from the "temp" recovery into recovery (that I flashed) then installed the SuperSu 2.6.7 zip. REBOOT SYSTEM
    Updated zip is now added to the OP.. old one has been removed.

as for those currently screwed... sorry :X I didn't think including 2 partitions I did would have messed with the OEM flag. In fact.. they don't directly.. but perhaps some sort of chain of wiping. What appears to be happening is persist and rct partitions from the KDZ get flashed which must be wiping the other partitions related to OEM Unlock... so due to flashing SuperSu 2.67 it patches the boot.img which causes the boot error... OEM Unlock is no longer set but needs to be due to the custom boot.img now required for root on Android 6.0. C-c-c-combo breaker. :(

The new zip should hopefully no longer wipe the OEM Unlock toggle. Anyone who flashed the zips but didn't flash SuperSu.. you can probably boot just fine but you'll have to re-enable OEM Unlock bfore being able to use TWRP again.

How2Fix:
    For those who flashed SuperSu and need a fix: you'll have to flash the 10N KDZ using LGUP to get android booting again then toggle OEM Unlock... then reinstall TWRP through Download Mode. Then reflash the new COMPLETE file.

Download mode:
    1. Unplug USB cable from PC and battery from phone. Plug battery back in.
    2. Hold Volume UP then plug the USB cable back into the PC.
    3. Phone should boot into Download Mode.