FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STOCK] [H872] [11g] T-Mobile G6 Stock Collection

422 posts
Thanks Meter: 466
 
By weakNPCdotCom, Senior Member on 29th September 2018, 05:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from weakNPCdotCom: 11g Stock ROM Now Available

T-Mobile G6 H872 11G Stock Collection
Based on OEM 11g KDZ. Extracted and Repacked.

DISCLAIMER
  • Proceed at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage to your device.
  • SysBoot ROMs were test flashed over 11g and 20a bootloaders. 11h has not been tested.
  • 11G Firmware is ARB01
  • Flashing LAF WILL REMOVE TWRP from your laf partition and restore stock DL Mode


FILE BREAKDOWN
  • The following Zips DO NOT include stock LAF.
  • You must flash the provided LAF separately if you wish to go back to stock DL mode
  • Bootloader: 11g Stock Bootloader ONLY
  • SysBoot: 11g Boot and System ONLY (Modem, Bootloader not included). These zips are adb sideload compatible.
  • FullStock: Full 11g Firmware Installation
  • StockLAF: Individual LAF image for returning to stock DL mode
  • TWRPLAF: Individual LAF image for replacing stock DL mode with TWRP
  • Magisk: You know. You must flash this after flashing any of the above packages if you want to stay rooted.


INSTRUCTIONS
  • Make a FULL TWRP Backup using 3.2.3. Link to thread is below.
  • Boot to TWRP and do a Format Data to remove encryption from your device.
  • Reboot back to Recovery after Formatting in order for TWRP to mount System.
  • Advanced Wipe - System, Data, Cache and Dalvik
  • Flash your chosen Zip using TWRP
  • You must have TWRP on recovery to flash LAF images.
  • It is recommended that Sysboot Images be flashed AFTER Bootloader or FullStock
  • If you Flashed SysBoot with Patched Kernel and Root, you are good to go. Otherwise, flash Magisk to maintain root access.
  • Wipe Cache/Dalvik
  • Reboot to system.
  • Your phone may reboot once or twice during the initial boot to system. This is normal.
  • Your phone may hang a while on the boot logo. This is also normal. If hang persists for too long, hold vol-down+power until phone powers off to reboot.


DOWNLOADS
Stable v1.0
Project Files have been moved to SourceForge

These files are long overdue. I hope you all find them helpful. Please let me know if you run into any problems with them. Thanks!


Other H872 Projects


Announcement
I have officially moved to the V30 and no longer own the G6.
I will still be active in this community, but since I don't have the device any longer I will not be able to test any packages or issues that might arise.
All of my current projects have been tested. If anybody runs into problems, you can still let me know and I'll do my best to support my stock packages.
Thanks guys!
-weakNPCdotCom


XDA:DevDB Information
[STOCK] h87211g, ROM for the T-Mobile LG G6

Contributors
weakNPCdotCom
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.2.3
Based On: 11g KDZ

Version Information
Status: Beta
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2018-09-30
Current Beta Version: 0.9
Beta Release Date: 2018-09-30

Created 2018-09-29
Last Updated 2018-10-19
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weakNPCdotCom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weakNPCdotCom Ad-Free
1st October 2018, 12:00 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Thx))) I was very much waiting for this.
I'm now at 20a. if I flash the bootloader only, then the fingerprint scanner will work on custom firmwares? Does the custom LAF work?
The Following User Says Thank You to DmytroPitenko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DmytroPitenko Ad-Free
1st October 2018, 04:01 PM |#3  
weakNPCdotCom's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 466
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmytroPitenko

Thx))) I was very much waiting for this.
I'm now at 20a. if I flash the bootloader only, then the fingerprint scanner will work on custom firmwares? Does the custom LAF work?

very welcome. if you flash the bootloader only it will leave whatever laf you have untouched, and yes fingerprint scanner will work with custom ROMs like AOSP Extended.

However, I have not tested running stock 20a with the 11g bootloader. But it doesn't sound like that's what you are wanting to do

*edit*
if you have already flashed a custom Rom and FP doesn't work, simply flashing the 11g bootloader zip will fix it. it is not necessary to reflash the rom

also, not sure why anybody would want to, but 11g bootloader with stock 20a rom will not work. it will hang on the boot logo indefinitely which can be dangerous for your phone. so please make sure you are using a custom Rom or stock 11g with this bootloader
2nd October 2018, 01:26 PM |#4  
Ken C's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 184
 
More
Any way to flash one of these stock images. Rom itself. If you can't get into twrp? Check my post from last night in the root thread and you'll see what I'm on about.

Phone boots but system ui stops which keeps me from getting in. Lost twrp from recovery somehow. All I did was apply a then through substratum and it all went South from there.

Not hounding ya just thought I'd prefer over here and see what you been up to.

When I run step 1 in that root thread I get no hash match and something about with laf or lafbak not being present. Haven't fully fired up the pic too see if I can post the output from that here. (Honestly, was never that good with logs lol)

I'm curious though if flashing your laf (how in the heck it happened is beyond me) if it's possible through adb or lgup would put me back to right.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
2nd October 2018, 05:13 PM |#5  
weakNPCdotCom's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 466
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C

Any way to flash one of these stock images. Rom itself. If you can't get into twrp? Check my post from last night in the root thread and you'll see what I'm on about.

Phone boots but system ui stops which keeps me from getting in. Lost twrp from recovery somehow. All I did was apply a then through substratum and it all went South from there.

Not hounding ya just thought I'd prefer over here and see what you been up to.

When I run step 1 in that root thread I get no hash match and something about with laf or lafbak not being present. Haven't fully fired up the pic too see if I can post the output from that here. (Honestly, was never that good with logs lol)

I'm curious though if flashing your laf (how in the heck it happened is beyond me) if it's possible through adb or lgup would put me back to right.

Do you still have root? if so you can extract the laf.img file from the StockLAF zip and use adb shell to push it to the dev blocks

put the laf.img file on your sdcard and rename it to laf.bin, and run these

adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/laf.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/laf
dd if=/sdcard/laf.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/lafbak

that will restore stock laf
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weakNPCdotCom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weakNPCdotCom Ad-Free
2nd October 2018, 05:48 PM |#6  
Ken C's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 184
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weakNPCdotCom

Do you still have root? if so you can extract the laf.img file from the StockLAF zip and use adb shell to push it to the dev blocks

put the laf.img file in the folder with adb.exe, rename it to laf.bin, and run these

adb shell dd if=laf.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/laf
adb shell dd if=laf.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/lafbak

that will restore stock laf

Have to have root eh? So I'd need dl mode back to flash the kdz to get root but can't unless the kdz restores laf in the process which if it did this wouldn't be required I'm thinking.

Sorry man just thinking through things.

When y'all are putting in " /by-name/ " it would be h-872 right? Stupid question I know but I've never seen it mentioned straight out anywhere

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
2nd October 2018, 06:02 PM |#7  
weakNPCdotCom's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 466
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C

Have to have root eh? So I'd need dl mode back to flash the kdz to get root but can't unless the kdz restores laf in the process which if it did this wouldn't be required I'm thinking.

Sorry man just thinking through things.

When y'all are putting in " /by-name/ " it would be h-872 right? Stupid question I know but I've never seen it mentioned straight out anywhere

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Yeah you need to restore stock laf another way if you dont have root. Root is needed for ADB shell.

and no, /by-name/ is the actual folder name. I think it's a directory of symlinks, but i might be wrong. Basically it lets you access a partition or mount point by name. in this case the names of the mount points would be laf and lafbak
The Following User Says Thank You to weakNPCdotCom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weakNPCdotCom Ad-Free
2nd October 2018, 06:28 PM |#8  
Ken C's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 184
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weakNPCdotCom

Yeah you need to restore stock laf another way if you dont have root. Root is needed for ADB shell.

and no, /by-name/ is the actual folder name. I think it's a directory of symlinks, but i might be wrong. Basically it lets you access a partition or mount point by name. in this case the names of the mount points would be laf and lafbak

Ok. Figured it was something like that. Always meant to ask somebody, just never did


Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
3rd October 2018, 05:28 AM |#9  
Member
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weakNPCdotCom

FILE BREAKDOWN

  • The following Zips DO NOT include stock LAF.
  • You must flash the provided LAF separately if you wish to go back to stock DL mode
[/CENTER]
  • Bootloader: 11g Stock Bootloader ONLY
  • SysBoot: 11g Boot and System ONLY (Modem, Bootloader not included). These zips are adb sideload compatible.
  • FullStock: Full 11g Firmware Installation
  • StockLAF: Individual LAF image for returning to stock DL mode
  • Magisk: You know. You must flash this after flashing any of the above packages if you want to stay rooted.

Thank you for this weaknpc! This is really saving my a*s. Quick question. If I flash the FullStock version, will I have to unlock the bootloader again? I am using the AEX rom (have twrp 3.2.3 on laf and recovery I believe) and just want to go back to the full 11g firmware. If this works I wont even worry about flashing the laf partition (I would only do that for using LGUP+11g kdz).
3rd October 2018, 05:52 AM |#10  
weakNPCdotCom's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 466
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanrod

Thank you for this weaknpc! This is really saving my a*s. Quick question. If I flash the FullStock version, will I have to unlock the bootloader again? I am using the AEX rom (have twrp 3.2.3 on laf and recovery I believe) and just want to go back to the full 11g firmware. If this works I wont even worry about flashing the laf partition (I would only do that for using LGUP+11g kdz).

Glad I could help, man. No, none of these will lock your bootloader. They wont touch your recovery partition either. If for any reason you want to go back to stock recovery let me know, I can pack a zip to flash that from your LAF TWRP if you still have it.
3rd October 2018, 06:21 AM |#11  
Member
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weakNPCdotCom

Glad I could help, man. No, none of these will lock your bootloader. They wont touch your recovery partition either. If for any reason you want to go back to stock recovery let me know, I can pack a zip to flash that from your LAF TWRP if you still have it.

Awesome. Yeah, I am going to give it a flash tomorrow morning. I do not think I will need the stock recovery at this time, but thanks for offering! I have been stuck with the whole twrp on LAF issue, not being able to use LGUP, and this just a godsend to get back to 11g. Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to ryanrod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryanrod Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
h872, lg g6, nougat, stock, t-mobile

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes