FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STOCK] [LG-H872] [Oreo_20a] TWRP Flashable Zips:

3,944 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,851

Post Reply Email Thread
LG G6 Oreo 20a

Note: I know someone created a complete flashable, But I wanted all 3 packages like @autoprime does.

WARNING: Understand my meanings behind, B1,B2 and C1, C2:
B1: Means Bootstock with LAF
B2: Means Bootstock without LAF (Normally H872 users have TWRP on LAF)

C1: Means Complete with LAF
C2: Means Complete without LAF (Normally H872 Users have TWRP on LAF)

All zips check contents with sha1, all zip files are md5hash listed:
  • LG-H872_Oreo-20a_Bootloader_B1.zip (W/LAF) [md5hash:a52e86bd30ca0b4725c1839eb1ad38d3]
  • LG-H872_Oreo-20a_Bootloader_B2.zip (WO/LAF) [md5hash:7c72ae1f5b82ba54dcc9b7007754ebf9]
  • LG-H872_Oreo-20a_Modem_Only.zip (Safe Either Way) [md5hash:2f3ad7cd2c468a0d50f52094ad2643f6]
  • LG-H872_Oreo-20a_Complete_C1.zip (W/LAF) [md5hash:172d01c25cc308a1c2c39def6d13918e]
  • LG-H872_Oreo-20a_Complete_C2.zip (WO/LAF) [md5hash:7b17a29044d98fe1883ec9fe0e9c9b93]

DOWNLOADS:
  1. LG-H872_Oreo-20a_Bootloader_B1.zip (W/LAF)
  2. LG-H872_Oreo-20a_Bootloader_B2.zip (WO/LAF)
  3. LG-H872_Oreo-20a_Modem_Only.zip (Safe Either Way)
  4. LG-H872_Oreo-20a_Complete_C1.zip (W/LAF)
  5. LG-H872_Oreo-20a_Complete_C2.zip (WO/LAF)

All Future Firmware Updates Will Be listed Here: lg-g6-stock-firmware/H872_T-Mo/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eliminater74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2018, 07:26 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Clearwater

Donate to Me
More
WARNING:

Complete's have unmolested system images But no Recovery. In other words, make sure you install magisk before rebooting,
or at least delete the recovery restorer in system...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eliminater74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th September 2018, 08:59 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
please, can you create an flashable zip to downgrade the version bootloader to 11h?
I want to use your firmware AEX, but without a finger scanner, to live is not so good ....
or should I wait when you add support for 20a?
26th September 2018, 03:01 AM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Clearwater

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmytroPitenko

please, can you create an flashable zip to downgrade the version bootloader to 11h?
I want to use your firmware AEX, but without a finger scanner, to live is not so good ....
or should I wait when you add support for 20a?

I think @autoprime already created and released a 11h bootstock....... im almost sure he did.........
30th September 2018, 12:54 AM |#5  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 468

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliminater74

I think @autoprime already created and released a 11h bootstock....... im almost sure he did.........

I think autoprime's bootstock is for 10h, and sadly I dont think people on ARB01 can't go back to that. I didnt realize that the bootstock is what is needed for the fingerprint issue. I will try to release an 11g bootstock that will do the same thing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weakNPCdotCom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weakNPCdotCom Ad-Free
5th October 2018, 07:50 PM |#6  
Flag Fullerton, ca
Thanks Meter: 71

More
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but here goes: I get that the Complete images are unmolested, and I therefore assume, identical to what you get on a G6 from TMobile directly, just in Zip flashable format, but what does "Bootstock" mean? I did try googling the term, but it just defined "Bootlicking" for me, and I didn't find that helpful :P. I'd imagine that Bootstock means it's just the stock image stripped of all the bloat, but I'm not sure if that's wishful thinking.

Also, my H872 is bootloader unlocked, TWRP flashed to both Recovery and LAF, currently running the AOSP Extended ROM (which seems to be very problematic, at least for me), so if I choose any of the above, will they overwrite my recovery?

Thank you!
5th October 2018, 09:32 PM |#7  
Flag Fullerton, ca
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Tried flashing the C2 variant, and TWRP reported it failed verification. Also, downloaded the other ones to see. File size tells me what I need to know, LOL. Is there any way to use the complete zip versions as a base and pull out just the bloat, in order to get something more like a clean install? A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I'm working on learning a lot more about Android

Thanks!
6th October 2018, 02:43 AM |#8  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 468

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasongw

what does "Bootstock" mean?

Its the entire bootloader, which normally contains laf and recovery.

I don't believe these include recovery images. just the optional laf.

By the way @Eliminator74 I did notice that the updater-script for the full stock zips tries to do a hash check of boot, modern, system, rct and persist from the /tmp/ directory which they are not extracted to. so the apply patch check fails.
13th October 2018, 06:19 PM |#9  
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasongw

Tried flashing the C2 variant, and TWRP reported it failed verification. Also, downloaded the other ones to see. File size tells me what I need to know, LOL. Is there any way to use the complete zip versions as a base and pull out just the bloat, in order to get something more like a clean install? A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I'm working on learning a lot more about Android

Thanks!

Can confirm this. I tried flashing C2 and it fails verification in TWRP. Then I tried B2 and that worked, but the Modem Only zip also failed verification. Is there any way to resolve this? Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to ryanrod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryanrod Ad-Free
16th February 2019, 07:53 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi.

I recently flashed AospEX on my LG G6 H872 and went through the rooting method for this device where you install TWRP on you laf partition and then onto the recovery partition.

I want to get laf back to regular Download Mode.

I want to know if flashing this 20a bootstock (bootloader) with laf will not cause any problems to boot into the Aosp Extended Rom. I guess my question is, are they compatible?

Thanks in advance and thank you all who have contributed to rooting and unlocking this phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
eliminater74, firmware, h872, lg-g6

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)