Smart Watch

Search This thread

katiecakez

Jan 4, 2010
Gear s3 frontier. I don't use the LTE function on the watch itself, but I liked the look of it better than the original.
Battery life is amazing as long as you dont get the latest update.
Svoice is absolutely trash though. Like mega garbage and useless.
Bonus that it works with Textra since i hate the stock message app.

note4 guy

Mar 15, 2015
Using Samsung Gear S3 with Note 8 . Great for checking and replying to messages at work without taking phone out.
Great to answer check/answer phone calls build in Mic.
Huge selection of watch faces. A lot of good free watch faces.
Battery life sometimes an issues. Mostly Factory rest once every few months help with this issue.
Sync with Samsung Health app to track all kinds of physical activities.
Awesome Samsung pay feature. work at all retail stores. Awesome , Awesome feature.

only complaint feels little on heavy side .

Android1126

Nov 23, 2010
New York
Same, Gear S3 Frontier + Note 8.

I was VERY skeptical at first, and kept telling myself (and everyone around me), "ehhhhhh, got a good deal, though will probably return it in a few days".

I was quite wrong. I have found the Gear S3 Frontier to have so many useful features that just make life,.... easier. After all, that's what this is all about, no? Efficiency, leveraging technology to enhance and/or augment our quality of life.

After using it for 2-3 days, I knew I would keep it, and put aside my $100,000 Breitling, or one of my many Rolex Timepieces (Joke). I will be buyng the Gear S4 shortly after it releases. Hoping to use it with the Note 9!!!!!!

Pros:

-Voice Recorder (or a number of other apps that can be configured), with two quick button pushes.
-Work (as stated by others; replying to, or dismissing notifications couldn't be easier)
-Built-in Speaker & Mic for quick calls (e.g. hands are pretty full, phone is in some pocket, instead of spending 2 minutes, answer a call within 2 seconds! Speaking directly into my cuff, or pairing it with a BT headset).
-Some Decent games too, to pass the time without busting out a 7" slab!
-Samsung Pay right from your wrist! This may not seem huge to some, and even insecure to others, so I won't get into the technical details of how this is secured, but I will say that "forgetting your wallet", is now completely obsolete!
-Many more, I like the Altimeter, Barometer functions, as well as the ability to heavily customize device, and watch faces.
-And of course, the ingenious rotating bezel, though I find I need it less and less, it is critical for Tetris!!!!! (joke)
-I know many users complain about battery life, I don't know, I get a week EASILY, even after the Tizen update. (see below though).

Cons:

-It is certainly a Bulky smartwatch. There is no getting around that, however, I have a glass protector, and some funky colors to choose from as cases, so it becomes obvious that the device isn't meant to be as thin as a Movado, or even a Seiko, and hence, is instantly recognized as a smart watch (pro/con?).
-The bulk will find its way to hit every door frame you walk through, so use a case!! (generally they are rubber, or some TPU Hybrid, but they do the job!).
-Though I haven't found battery drain to be an issue with the device, I will say that it drains my Note 8 Battery when paired, so -1 on that.

Last edited:

ressegger

Apr 27, 2015
Alternating between original Huawei watch and the Huawei watch 2 classic. Greatly prefer the look of the first but obviously prefer the updated performance of the second. And while I've allways been partial to Android wear (although don't love it necessarily) the Samsung pay feature you guys are mentioning has me considering a Samsung watch. It would still work with a rooted phone correct. As thats the main reason I'd want it. Cause I don't have it on my Note 8

Top Liked Posts