HELP!!! got this msg An error has occurred while updating the device software

Search This thread

total7kaos

Mar 26, 2010
An error has occurred while updating the device software Use the Emergency recovery in the Smart Switch PC Software. An I cannot get it into d/l mode to odin the new firmware. Anyone know how to get it back into d/l mode? Tried pwr vol- bixby, I get to the menu to choose vol up or vol down and no matter the choice I go back to the light blue scrren with that same msg.

Please help!

Thanks

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
An error has occurred while updating the device software Use the Emergency recovery in the Smart Switch PC Software. An I cannot get it into d/l mode to odin the new firmware. Anyone know how to get it back into d/l mode? Tried pwr vol- bixby, I get to the menu to choose vol up or vol down and no matter the choice I go back to the light blue scrren with that same msg.

Please help!

Thanks
Try running odin from that screen

Sent from my God Mode 8

Reactions: AaronCompNetSys

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
I tried to flash my J7Pro and I got this same problem, I have updated all drivers and I tried others version of odin without any success, sometimes odin with crash and at times I would get this from odin, it would not pass setup connection (image submitted)
In your case i would try changing the COM port number assignment (to something low such as 1, 2 or 3.
Basically you open Device manager (while phone is plugged in, in download mode) and find the COM port (under COM/LPT) double click to open properties and go to advanced tab (if i remember the naming right) and then change the port assignment number to a low number as i stated above.
Then reboot PC and try to run odin again.
Good luck

Sent from my God Mode 8

Django64

Aug 22, 2010
Port of Spain
Samsung J7 pro

In your case i would try changing the COM port number assignment (to something low such as 1, 2 or 3.
Basically you open Device manager (while phone is plugged in, in download mode) and find the COM port (under COM/LPT) double click to open properties and go to advanced tab (if i remember the naming right) and then change the port assignment number to a low number as i stated above.
Then reboot PC and try to run odin again.
Good luck

Sent from my God Mode 8

Hi now I am getting Re-Partition operation failed

Django64

Aug 22, 2010
Port of Spain
odin failed for J7pro

Have you unchecked re-partition on the odin Options tab? Be sure to check or un-check the required options based on what your are flashing.

Sent from my God Mode 8
Hi yes I did. my phone cannot turn off, lucky for me I have the LCD off so can disconnect the battery and retry
I have also tried changing the ports
(image submitted) this is what I am getting now.

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
Hi yes I did. my phone cannot turn off, lucky for me I have the LCD off so can disconnect the battery and retry
I have also tried changing the ports
(image submitted) this is what I am getting now.
So the first thing i notice....if you look under "FAIL" (red box) it shows your com port as 16.....this com number should be changed to a single digit number 1-9 (preferably 1,2,3,4 or 5).
Google "change COM port assignment" for details with pics.

Sent from my God Mode 8

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
Oh yeah and duh!! I forgot another thing to try ...
Remove the (.md5) from the name of the odin files so they end with (.tar).
Hopefully one of the two "tricks" will work for you

Sent from my God Mode 8

Top Liked Posts