FORUMS

[Guide] Enable Video Calling, HD Voice, & More - Unlocked Note 8 With T-Mo (Oreo / N)

1,144 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,227

By DeeXii, Senior Member on 7th May 2018, 03:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
There is a fairly simple way to enable T-Mobile features while using a N950U1 (unlocked) firmware while on T-Mobile.

*We are going to use two example firmwares from the latest Oreo release, N950U1UEU3CRC1 & N950USQU3CRC2., this can be done with older firmware just get firmware from around the same date.

1. Download both of the latest firmware for the N950U & N950U1.
2. Open Odin 3.13.1 and boot the phone into Download Mode
3. In Odin, Load the BL, AP, & CP from the N950U1 firmware (N950U1UEU3CRC1) but load the CSC from N950U (N950USQU3CRC2) (Do not use one labeled home)
3. Reboot, enjoy N950U1 with T-Mobile features and icons.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeeXii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DeeXii Ad-Free
7th May 2018, 03:53 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Will this retain or wipe data???
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeXii

There is a fairly simple way to enable T-Mobile features while using a N950U1 (unlocked) firmware while on T-Mobile.

*We are going to use two example firmwares from the latest Oreo release, N950U1UEU3CRC1 & N950USQU3CRC2., this can be done with older firmware just get firmware from around the same date.

1. Download both of the latest firmware for the N950U & N950U1.
2. Open Odin 3.13.1 and boot the phone into Download Mode
3. In Odin, Load the BL, AP, & CP from the N950U1 firmware (N950U1UEU3CRC1) but load the CSC from N950U (N950USQU3CRC2) (Do not use one labeled home)
3. Reboot, enjoy N950U1 with T-Mobile features and icons.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
7th May 2018, 01:27 PM |#3  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Odin wipes data.

Backup your data with your favorite backup/restore method/s before using Odin. So have the data to restore later with your favorite backup/restore method/s afterwards.
8th May 2018, 03:56 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Nice. Going to try on my T-Mobile Note 8. Just to confirm what bloatware is installed by using the T-Mobile CSC file? I'm looking to get rid of all the T-Mobile bloat while still having the video call feature working

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
9th May 2018, 02:20 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Will this trip knox?
9th May 2018, 03:46 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have no idea what is Odin and where do i get it?
11th May 2018, 02:40 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Do some research. Watch some YouTube videos about rooting your phone. Then do some more research.
The Following User Says Thank You to bradley_az For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bradley_az Ad-Free
11th May 2018, 02:43 PM |#8  

More
We are all here to help each other. That's what XDA is about

Odin thread below

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1372414

29th May 2018, 07:05 AM |#9  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 11

More
So, I need to root to flash this, right?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following User Says Thank You to Wicked68 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wicked68 Ad-Free
29th May 2018, 01:32 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked68

So, I need to root to flash this, right?

Nope. This is official Samsung firmware. No root needed and it won't break Knox.

I actually did this the other day but after flashing the U1 firmware on my T-Mobile Note 8 using the patched Odin I then used the regular Odin and just flashed the CP and Userdata from the T-Mobile U firmware and it enabled RCS, Video Calling, VoLTE, Wifi Calling and did not install any bloatware. Everything is perfect

The Following User Says Thank You to Vish.N For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vish.N Ad-Free
29th May 2018, 08:34 PM |#11  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish.N

Nope. This is official Samsung firmware. No root needed and it won't break Knox.

I actually did this the other day but after flashing the U1 firmware on my T-Mobile Note 8 using the patched Odin I then used the regular Odin and just flashed the CP and Userdata from the T-Mobile U firmware and it enabled RCS, Video Calling, VoLTE, Wifi Calling and did not install any bloatware. Everything is perfect

Oh, ok, cool. I have unlocked and using on T Mobile, I have wifi calling and the like already. Since the new update, video calling was removed again. I don't even use it, but I still want the feature activated. I expected the unlocked version to have everything, not be missing features. Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)