FORUMS

[PETITION] Unlock Bootloader SM - N950U !

252 posts
Thanks Meter: 91

By vin_001, Senior Member on 4th March 2018, 03:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
All of us Snapdragon Note 8 users know it's a long shot, but it's worth the try... Let your voice be heard and Samsung to surrender! Please take a minute to vote, all is appreciated!

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-unl...share_petition
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vin_001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vin_001 Ad-Free
8th March 2018, 01:51 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
**UPDATE**

We're now over 100 signatures in! Thanks to all who have signed already! If you haven't already, a minute of your time would greatly be appreciated to sign the petition. Thanks to all Note 8 users!
14th March 2018, 10:33 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_001

**UPDATE**

We're now over 100 signatures in! Thanks to all who have signed already! If you haven't already, a minute of your time would greatly be appreciated to sign the petition. Thanks to all Note 8 users!

Now what?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to FatCat1301 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FatCat1301 Ad-Free
14th March 2018, 10:58 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCat1301

Now what?

Just being optimistic is all.... probably won't make a difference in the long run, but at least we have a chance. A very, very, very, very, very small chance that is
15th March 2018, 10:13 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 729

More
20th March 2018, 03:21 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 190

More
It's worth a shot, Got nothing to lose!
The Following User Says Thank You to sparky2029 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sparky2029 Ad-Free
23rd March 2018, 09:03 AM |#7  
Recognized Themer
Flag LAS VEGAS "SIN CITY"
Thanks Meter: 5,248

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_001

All of us Snapdragon Note 8 users know it's a long shot, but it's worth the try... Let your voice be heard and Samsung to surrender! Please take a minute to vote, all is appreciated!

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-unl...share_petition

It's not honestly even worth the try...I wish it was believe me! But in reality us people who actually root our devices is such a small percentage to the total amount of people who don't that there's absolutely no way that they will care enough.. and I very well could be mistaken but I believe your not gonna want to send votes to Samsung but to the actual US carriers and others who use the Snapdragon devices because if I'm not mistaken they are the reason behind the locked bootloaders. Started off with Sprint and Verizon then finally Att and Tmobile being the last carrier to do so. From my understanding Samsung doesn't care and really why should they? But these carriers get these big corporations to pay them to put their bloat on the device and with a unlocked bootloader users can just erase it and also apply hacks like wifi tether and such. So your gonna want to send your votes to the carriers. Goodluck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SICKMADE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SICKMADE Ad-Free
26th March 2018, 08:53 AM |#8  
Flag The Green Mountain State
Thanks Meter: 68

More
As sad as it might be but I think the last unlockable Note was the 5. I'm optimistic but hopefully T-Mobile has something worth jumping to this fall.
1st April 2018, 06:22 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 246

More
It will never happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to raduque For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raduque Ad-Free
7th May 2018, 07:35 PM |#10  
Flag Allentown
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raduque

It will never happen.

You are correct... due to Samsung Pay, it will never happen.
21st June 2018, 08:14 AM |#11  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyakaspce1130

You are correct... due to Samsung Pay, it will never happen.

is samsung pay the reason why bootloaders are not unlockable?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)