FORUMS

Heat

809 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,065

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 20th September 2017, 10:50 AM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Some phones are great to take camping because if you play Asphalt 8 long enough, the back warms up to the ideal temperature that can bake bread. Rate this thread to express the extent to which the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 8 stays cool under extended heavy use. A higher rating indicates that even when playing strenuous games for long periods of time, the phone doesn't get uncomfortably warm.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
24th September 2017, 03:47 PM |#2  
the only heat I have noticed was when I first got the phone and hooked it up to an Anker fast charger(usb-c/usb-c) battery pack. After its first full charge, no heat. stayed relatively cool.
Will update with changes as needed.
26th September 2017, 02:51 PM |#3  
Flag White City, Utah
Thanks Meter: 4,790

More
I have experienced no warm up or heat at all with my Note 8. This makes me very happy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PapaMag For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PapaMag Ad-Free
28th September 2017, 07:09 PM |#4  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaMag

I have experienced no warm up or heat at all with my Note 8. This makes me very happy

No heating here I play Crusaders of light all day at work, plugged into the fast charger all day as well, no heating what so ever. Did the same with the galaxy s8
The Following User Says Thank You to cautious911 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cautious911 Ad-Free
30th September 2017, 10:16 PM |#5  
Wichita Falls, Texas
Thanks Meter: 583

More
My Note 7 would get almost hot but haven't noticed ant heat on the Note 8 or S8+ while playing games and on the charger.
8th October 2017, 07:31 PM |#6  
Flag Ruskin, FL
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I have to agree with the previous posters. The Note 8 compared to the Note 7, S7 Edge and S7 has vertually none of the heating issues that the 7 series did.

Heavy use with and without charger plugged in, barely warm.

As the previous posters, I can attest the 7 series phones got hot, very hot after heavy usage. I saw a YouTube video of the Note 8 being torn down yesterday and saw there is a heat pipe from the processor that is designed to channel the heat from the CPU to the phone's frame. Next gen CPU must really run cooler.
28th November 2017, 04:13 AM |#7  
Flag The Green Mountain State
Thanks Meter: 68

More
It runs much cooler than my V20. But seriously this device doesn't get hot at all. The only time I've gotten it hot is when I first got it and it was installing multitudes of apps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)