FORUMS

WebCam

239 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By TayzGpa, Senior Member on 18th March 2019, 04:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have an older Galaxy Note 8 that I am trying to use as a webcam to monitor the inside of my home.
I have it connected to my home network and I am running IP Webcam app on it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.pas.webcam

I can view the camera from any device that is on my home network but cannot view it remotely (i.e. the grocery store).

I have opened the required ports on my ATT router but still does not work.
I am not sure if the IP Webcam app is even designed to allow remote viewing or not.

Does anyone have experience with this type of thing or can suggest another camera app to try?

Update: Never mind.
1st May 2019, 04:14 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
WebCam
I have opened the required ports on my ATT switch yet at the same time does not work.

I don't know whether the IP Webcam application is even intended to permit remote review or not.
15th May 2019, 10:41 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
learn about port forwarding, plus you need a static IP address (mandatory). if you don't know about these 2 critical elements, you will not be able to remote view. I know this from experience doing the same thing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
10th December 2019, 12:14 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
A workaround:

Google remote desktop/teamviewer to a computer and view the ipcam stream through there?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)