[ROM] GooDys_NoTe_5_LiViNg_oN_tHe_EdgE [ 10-28-15 ]

Search This thread

Goody68

Oct 28, 2013
Portland , OR
Hello fellow Note 5 users:cool:

Welcome to NoTe 5 "LiViNg oN tHe EdgE"

I have put together a simple stock-deodexed-debloated Rom.zip i put together myself:cool:
It is based off N920T C015 base. Thanks to @TEKHD for the use of his stock deodexed base!

I am not a Developer, im just a flash junky who finally made his own stockish rom with the additional features i liked:D and wanted to share it!

This is my 1st Rom I've ever posted on XDA, so be nice LOL and any help will be much appreciated:thumbup::

You are more than welcome to use any part of this Rom, just give credit to myself and anyone else mentioned please:)

This Rom will most likely not be updated, but with help from others with mods and other cool stuff we can add on the way, i will be more than happy to add if possible! No promises LOL

I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE! SO FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK! AND ALWAYS MAKE A BACK UP!

Credits: @TEKHD For base @Chainfire for su
XDA forum
All the Real Developers that put there heart and sweat in there spare time to bring us incredible RoMs and keep our devices
LiViNg oN tHe EdgE!!!

Now to the fun stuff!

Features added to stock Rom:

Stock N920T C015 base
Lighly debloated (Samsung/Microsoft/Tmo bloat removed)
Deodexed
Zipaligned
Rooted
Busybox
SU
Knox free
MultiUser
Animations set to .5 by default
Pre-loaded Xposed ( just install installer apk and thats it) :D
Xposed installer apk:
https://mega.nz/#!0ZNiyYLQ!tNnx440SrGSEvsG2H1o8MjvyJJiGVg59ueYZS5By8dA
People/Apps Edge strip (Working notifications)
Floating messages
App drawer set to alphabetical order by default, No A-Z
Ram fix
Marshmallow boot animation
And probably a few thing i forgot:what: lol

Bugs:
MultiUser reboots when you hit guest user ( if anyone can help to find fix)
No other issues

This has been tested on Tmo N920T only! So other models test and report back!

Rom does not include kernel, so please remember to flash your device kernel after flashing Rom!!!

Installation:

Copy rom.zip to sd
Reboot to recovery
Factory reset x3
Advanced wipe system,data,cache,divcache x3
Flash rom
Once again, remember to flash your kernel after rom!
Reboot
Enjoy:D:D:D

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!8UFgRbJT!0HM11xr6K0l-NM7eBanU91Uz104rv4ZWvTuGSuV-SDA

I am pretty busy, so i hope everyone can help each other with problems, newbies etc.

Thanks for stopping by and
"LiVinG oN tHe EdgE!"

Screenies:

Attachments

• 1446085466743.jpg
    1446085466743.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 4,030
  • 1446085477359.jpg
    1446085477359.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 4,032
  • 1446085486439.jpg
    1446085486439.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 4,213
  • 1446085494349.jpg
    1446085494349.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 4,019
  • 1446085502829.jpg
    1446085502829.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 3,957
  • 1446085515430.jpg
    1446085515430.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 3,788
  • 1446085535920.jpg
    1446085535920.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 3,652
  • 1446085549099.jpg
    1446085549099.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 3,560
  • 1446085555929.jpg
    1446085555929.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 3,481
  • 1446085564609.jpg
    1446085564609.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 3,458
Last edited:

W3TH3KINGzz

Apr 25, 2014
Scranton
Good work! Nice Rom may flash this in the future and see what I can do with it haha!

First one yay me :D

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Goody68

W3TH3KINGzz

Apr 25, 2014
Scranton
Well once I manage to get recompiling working and figured out I'll be glad to mod this to my liking but I'm still learning and can't seem to figure out why I can't recompile :/

W3TH3KINGzz

Apr 25, 2014
Scranton
Haha no that parts easy I'm referring to making smali edits and such to the systemUI and what not lol making the flashable I know already [emoji14]

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

I just used good ole simple winzip on my laptop lol
Sorry quoting wasn't working previously a few days ago so I haven't been doing it but suddenly it's working now haha

Jhfreeze

Oct 30, 2014
Texas
Can I ask how you got floating messages to work? I've been trying to a while now. I found the correct updated airmessage and proxy apk's from s6 stuff and I know the csc entries but haven't found the correct secmms apk that won't crash. I'm downloading your rom now and am going to tinker with it some but wanted to see if you knew what needed to be edited in the mms apk after decompile or if not at all. Just trying to learn some more myself and thanks for putting this together I always need a solid base to fall back on.

Goody68

Oct 28, 2013
Portland , OR
Can I ask how you got floating messages to work? I've been trying to a while now. I found the correct updated airmessage and proxy apk's from s6 stuff and I know the csc entries but haven't found the correct secmms apk that won't crash. I'm downloading your rom now and am going to tinker with it some but wanted to see if you knew what needed to be edited in the mms apk after decompile or if not at all. Just trying to learn some more myself and thanks for putting this together I always need a solid base to fall back on.

Just flash and leave your original mms apk in there too and it wont crash! Let me know;)

Reactions: Jhfreeze

Jhfreeze

Oct 30, 2014
Texas
Haha no that parts easy I'm referring to making smali edits and such to the systemUI and what not lol making the flashable I know already [emoji14]

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

What are you using to decompile/recompile? I use BDFreak's_2.0.2 APK Tool. He's got all the stuff you need inside and its a gui instead of the ol command line int. I did a lot of cool stuff on my note 3 with systemUI animations but haven't done anything yet on 5.1.1. Gonna try some stuff this weekend though.

W3TH3KINGzz

Apr 25, 2014
Scranton
What are you using to decompile/recompile? I use BDFreak's_2.0.2 APK Tool. He's got all the stuff you need inside and its a gui instead of the ol command line int. I did a lot of cool stuff on my note 3 with systemUI animations but haven't done anything yet on 5.1.1. Gonna try some stuff this weekend though.
I used tickle my android had a nice gui and everything else as well problem is in most steps I've ready I'm not sure if I need to install res-framework or the systemUI to my computer so I could actually recompile at the end! I Even tested recompiling something I had not edited period just decompiled so I could recompile and still no go maybe if I try that tool it may work? Not sure I'll give it a go in a few though and see what happens! If that fails then I guess it's time to make a thread and ask the pros ? since my Dumbass can't seem to get it lol

Jhfreeze

Oct 30, 2014
Texas
I used tickle my android had a nice gui and everything else as well problem is in most steps I've ready I'm not sure if I need to install res-framework or the systemUI to my computer so I could actually recompile at the end! I Even tested recompiling something I had not edited period just decompiled so I could recompile and still no go maybe if I try that tool it may work? Not sure I'll give it a go in a few though and see what happens! If that fails then I guess it's time to make a thread and ask the pros since my Dumbass can't seem to get it lol

Yea man, the tool I use goes install frameworks, res and TouchWiz, then install systemui, then decompile, edit, them recompile. Also remember to move the original meta inf and android manifest to the new one before recompile.

I'll try some settings and system ui tweaks for this rom this weekend and share anything worth sharing.

W3TH3KINGzz

Apr 25, 2014
Scranton
Yea man, the tool I use goes install frameworks, res and TouchWiz, then install systemui, then decompile, edit, them recompile. Also remember to move the original meta inf and android manifest to the new one before recompile.

I'll try some settings and system ui tweaks for this rom this weekend and share anything worth sharing.
I'll be sure to give it a go myself thanks for the tips! I may message you if I need help further if that's not a problem!

Reactions: Jhfreeze

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello fellow Note 5 users:cool:

Welcome to NoTe 5 "LiViNg oN tHe EdgE"

I have put together a simple stock-deodexed-debloated Rom.zip i put together myself:cool:
    It is based off N920T C015 base. Thanks to @TEKHD for the use of his stock deodexed base!

I am not a Developer, im just a flash junky who finally made his own stockish rom with the additional features i liked:D and wanted to share it!

This is my 1st Rom I've ever posted on XDA, so be nice LOL and any help will be much appreciated:thumbup::

You are more than welcome to use any part of this Rom, just give credit to myself and anyone else mentioned please:)

This Rom will most likely not be updated, but with help from others with mods and other cool stuff we can add on the way, i will be more than happy to add if possible! No promises LOL

I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE! SO FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK! AND ALWAYS MAKE A BACK UP!

Credits: @TEKHD For base @Chainfire for su
    XDA forum
    All the Real Developers that put there heart and sweat in there spare time to bring us incredible RoMs and keep our devices
    LiViNg oN tHe EdgE!!!

Now to the fun stuff!

Features added to stock Rom:

Stock N920T C015 base
    Lighly debloated (Samsung/Microsoft/Tmo bloat removed)
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Rooted
    Busybox
    SU
    Knox free
    MultiUser
    Animations set to .5 by default
    Pre-loaded Xposed ( just install installer apk and thats it) :D
    Xposed installer apk:
    https://mega.nz/#!0ZNiyYLQ!tNnx440SrGSEvsG2H1o8MjvyJJiGVg59ueYZS5By8dA
    People/Apps Edge strip (Working notifications)
    Floating messages
    App drawer set to alphabetical order by default, No A-Z
    Ram fix
    Marshmallow boot animation
    And probably a few thing i forgot:what: lol

Bugs:
    MultiUser reboots when you hit guest user ( if anyone can help to find fix)
    No other issues

This has been tested on Tmo N920T only! So other models test and report back!

Rom does not include kernel, so please remember to flash your device kernel after flashing Rom!!!

Installation:

Copy rom.zip to sd
    Reboot to recovery
    Factory reset x3
    Advanced wipe system,data,cache,divcache x3
    Flash rom
    Once again, remember to flash your kernel after rom!
    Reboot
    Enjoy:D:D:D

Download:
    https://mega.nz/#!8UFgRbJT!0HM11xr6K0l-NM7eBanU91Uz104rv4ZWvTuGSuV-SDA

I am pretty busy, so i hope everyone can help each other with problems, newbies etc.

Thanks for stopping by and
    "LiVinG oN tHe EdgE!"

Screenies:
    @TEKHD Thanks again for the awesome base you made for us to use and your inspiration to us new guys with your great work:)
    Always wanted to do that lol
    EvErY oThEr LeTtEr Is CaPiTaLiZeD, sO tHiS rOm WaS cOoKeD bY a ChIlD aNd I'm GoNnA hAvE tO pAsS hArD!
    And that would mean what? How many ROMs your grown ass put out