[ROM/THEMES/MODS] OZOP v4 CUSTOM THEME BUILDER ROM AND UTILITY TOOL 11/17/14

Pick which 3 themes I should port to Lollipop first?

• Total voters
Search This thread

slickrick54

Jan 21, 2011
Tampa
Man this thing is amazing!!! Going to start trying it out on the newest update that just came out BNH5. Thank you for putting your time into this bud. Cant wait to see what you got in store for us next! :D

Reactions: stangdriver44

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 5
Can you add an option to add the exchange stuff back? I use it for my work.

You need these two APKs from another ROM download:

SecExchange.apk
SecEmail_K.apk

I can't attach them, they are too large, but any ROM you have laying around, like Alliance or any stock ROM will have them in it. Then you just paste them inside /system/app, change permissions (I use Android Tuner) and reboot. You can clear cache and dalvik, I always do, and your stock email will be back.

Reactions: JackieBrown

stangdriver44

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 16, 2006
Cali
Reactions: JackieBrown

crazyc78

Oct 3, 2011
Stockton, CA
I was finally able to successfully download this!! This is awesome bro I really appreciate your contributions to the community. I just tried a few options, and decided to go with the blue theme. I do have one question though, i noticed everything didn't get blued out. It's not a biggie but just making sure I did everything correct. I'm running another rom and I flashed this through recovery and the aroma options came through and I chose the blue theming option. everything seemed to go OK as far as flashing is considered. I didn't notice any issues. I will post a screenie to see if you think it looks the way it is supposed to. Overall awesome thing you have going on here. I'm surprised more people haven't jumped on it yet!

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

Here is what it looks like
4398790d05df3e161a6517ceffd7dafe.jpg

b4921e65b94f150f0a4f12b7c6c33d9d.jpg

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali
I was finally able to successfully download this!! This is awesome bro I really appreciate your contributions to the community. I just tried a few options, and decided to go with the blue theme. I do have one question though, i noticed everything didn't get blued out. It's not a biggie but just making sure I did everything correct. I'm running another rom and I flashed this through recovery and the aroma options came through and I chose the blue theming option. everything seemed to go OK as far as flashing is considered. I didn't notice any issues. I will post a screenie to see if you think it looks the way it is supposed to. Overall awesome thing you have going on here. I'm surprised more people haven't jumped on it yet!

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

Here is what it looks like
4398790d05df3e161a6517ceffd7dafe.jpg

b4921e65b94f150f0a4f12b7c6c33d9d.jpg

That's looking pretty good!
The whole project is still WIP and Theming is what will be getting most of the attention as to stick to my idea of a "Stock ROM" build it yourself idea.
Obviously some of the base theme options will be more complete than others right now. If you're looking for the most current options of themes you should check out my Missing Link thread where that is only the theme options without the rom and most up to date

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali
Flashable TWRP 2.8.0.1

Made a flashable version of the newest twrp for anyone who wants it.

I have been running for a day now. Flashed my rom and the the separate Missing Link with no problems. Actually this version run quicker than previous versions.

Flashable TWRP 2.8.0.1

Reactions: slickrick54

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali
Installer options not working?

I am reading in other threads that people are having problems with selected options from Aroma not doing anything and realize I need to update my OP with what I found works with my Aroma and how to get options to stick.

I will be adding more instructions to the OP under the "How to use Backup/Restore script.

For the people using other ROMs and wanting extra Toggles including Mobile Data and Hotspot the option included in Not Now is working and can be added the whatever current rom you are running at anytime.

For Not Now users the backup/restore instructions seem true for anything that doesn't stick on boot.

Here is how I clean install any ROM, backup/Restore, mod/tweak and theme a rom

1) from my current rom I decide if I want my text and call logs saved

2) reboot to custom recovery of your choice (using twrp 2.8.0.1 right now) and wipe using recovery (my script need work right now and not Wiping everything)

3) now flash "Not Now" newest version preferred and pick backup, ROM install, picking Themed gapps is best done here, camera, Launcher, must have apps, mods (THIS IS WHERE IT GET TRICKY, DURING THIS RECOVERY SESSIONS OF INSTALLING A ROM THEME DON'T STICK EVERY TIME), and last for this session is the Restore option (where most of these won't stick) accounts do stick and help speed up the setup wizard on first boot

4) let the script run and at the end save a log (helpful for troubleshooting) and UNCHECK the reboot option

5) this puts you back in to recovery where you will flash "Not Now" again

6) now you can go back to mods and Restore options and pick what you need, also you can run the "Missing Link" portion as well

7) this time leave the reboot checked and let phone boot

8) run the setup wizard and don't bother adjusting any of your settings if you made a back up (like display, sound, Bluetooth, WiFi and so on) everything else you picked should be showing and functional,
(not sure why this is like this , but I think it may have to do with the fresh rom needing to create the directories for these files to go.) someone shed some light if you know why this is different for Kit Kat? Because I created this script originally for my S2 and would work 100% and during the same session and a fresh rom install

9) if you made setting backup and want it restored flash "Not Now" again and Restore what you want and that has worked for me every time, with any rom! (that I've tried)

If you follow those steps and still things aren't working correctly, PLEASE bring this to my attention with more than "doesn't work"! The more info the better along with the install log created.

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali
I have an update just about ready. If anyone has suggestions or something needs to be fixed please tell me so I can include in the update? Just putting some final touches in the NH5 update. Getting the themes much more complete now including 3Minute Battery mod and DIALERS!!!

Reactions: AlkaliV2

crazyc78

Oct 3, 2011
Stockton, CA
Hey man I have a small request, I'm not sure if you will be able to address it or not but here it is. I have noticed when I flash Not Now and apply a theme the Wi-Fi signal is not proportional to the signal bars. When it's on 4G LTE it is proportional and when on Wi-Fi its not. I have also noticed the Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi calling logos don't change with the theme. I was going to bring it up before but it has happened with just about every theme I have tried. I also don't think it's rom specific either as I have tried this on your rom and others. If you could please look into this I would appreciate it. I will even try to donate if I can. Once again great work and that's yhe the only issue I see.

crazyc78

Oct 3, 2011
Stockton, CA
I have posted three screenies for comparison, one with just Wi-Fi one with Wi-Fi calling and one with 4GLTE.

Attachments

• 1411626823126.jpg
    1411626823126.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 346
  • 1411626839684.jpg
    1411626839684.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 338
  • 1411626854270.jpg
    1411626854270.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 329
Reactions: stangdriver44

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali
Updated zip package ready for downloading

If anyone is interested in updated themes including "Dialers" you can download this zip package that includes, backup/Restore script, kernels, custom recoveries, essential apps, tweaks, mods, themes, and boot/shutdown Animations. Oh yeah, also includes my Not Now ROM which as an optional install.

Flash from recovery like normal, the only special instructions are for ROM installation, ROM MUST BE DIRTY FLASHED!!! I have dirty flashed from pretty much every T-mobile rom available. What I mean is I've flashed over a ROM I've had completely setup for a couple days or I have installed a ROM and in the same recovery session flashed Not Now v2.5 right on top.

All other options work completely normal with no special instructions.

There is one things about dialer themes, which is explained in the Aroma Installer. The international dark dialer is not compatible. Install the "sickmade" Chrome dialer (recommended) or the US variant Dialers

Not Now v2.5 including Missing Link

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali
Update coming

I am putting the final touches on the update now. I I plan on releasing 2 versions.
One will be the whole package including my rom with a lot of custom add on build in and ready for theming. And the second will be the whole package minus the rom to save space for those who just want to use the mod what ever rom they are running.

slickrick54

Jan 21, 2011
Tampa
I am putting the final touches on the update now. I I plan on releasing 2 versions.
One will be the whole package including my rom with a lot of custom add on build in and ready for theming. And the second will be the whole package minus the rom to save space for those who just want to use the mod what ever rom they are running.

Thank you so much been waiting for this update. Man i came from HTC to Samsung and boy what a difference in UI. If it wasn't for this I would of probably went back lol. Sounds crazy but i cant stand them Gay A.. colors of touch wiz! :victory:

slickrick54

Jan 21, 2011
Tampa
If anyone is interested in updated themes including "Dialers" you can download this zip package that includes, backup/Restore script, kernels, custom recoveries, essential apps, tweaks, mods, themes, and boot/shutdown Animations. Oh yeah, also includes my Not Now ROM which as an optional install.

Flash from recovery like normal, the only special instructions are for ROM installation, ROM MUST BE DIRTY FLASHED!!! I have dirty flashed from pretty much every T-mobile rom available. What I mean is I've flashed over a ROM I've had completely setup for a couple days or I have installed a ROM and in the same recovery session flashed Not Now v2.5 right on top.

All other options work completely normal with no special instructions.

There is one things about dialer themes, which is explained in the Aroma Installer. The international dark dialer is not compatible. Install the "sickmade" Chrome dialer (recommended) or the US variant Dialers

Not Now v2.5 including Missing Link

Did you wipe data or no thanks bud

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali
If you're coming from another rom I would recommend a clean install. I myself always wipe in recovery before installing any rom.

I would agree with you in most situations, but for some reason this version of my rom needs to be dirty installed over any working rom! If not it will have samsung keyboard force close and the first time the screen gets shut off SystemUI fails and can't be recovered! Not sure why a dirty flash Fixes this, looking into the problem. Everything else flashes without problems on any rom I've tried so far.

crazyc78

Oct 3, 2011
Stockton, CA
I would agree with you in most situations, but for some reason this version of my rom needs to be dirty installed over any working rom! If not it will have samsung keyboard force close and the first time the screen gets shut off SystemUI fails and can't be recovered! Not sure why a dirty flash Fixes this, looking into the problem. Everything else flashes without problems on any rom I've tried so far.

I've always done clean flashes for everything and even your rom and theming utility. Maybe I'm one of the few that hasn't had any issues lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *BEFORE INSTALLING THIS OR ANYTHING THAT MODIFIES YOUR SYSTEM MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!!!

OZOP ROM v4
    One Zip One Place
    with Missing Link Theme Builder

I started out theming back on my S2 and created what is now called "Missing Link"

As any themer/developer knows, these things take test, after test, after test, to get things working and looking properly !!!

The problem is, every time things get left behind and garbage files build up until the ROM isn't running just how I like.

I USED to have to wipe everything and flash the Base ROM, then flash seperate file after file, or mods and theme options to get it back to where i wanted it and this is where O.Z.O.P. is born!!!

My idea for this project is to have One Zip file in One Place with EVERYTHING you could want or need to build a new and different ROM when you feel the need for change. So this will DEFINITELY be W.I.P. and grow with more and more to come, and go if need be!!

So Here is a run down of the options given to you during the Aroma Installation

Starting with

*Backup/Restore your current settings, accounts, Bluetooth/WiFi pairings, text messages and setting with call logs, very convenient when you are a pure flashaholic like myself.
    There is definitely a right way and wrong way to apply your restoration.
    Don't worry that I've testing it thousands of times literally.

click for instructions on Backup/Restore Script
    Right now the complete Restore Script isn't working in the same flash session as the ROM install.
    follow these to reduce problems
    1) In recovery run the "Backup Script"
    2) Flash the ROM (of your choice)
    3) in the same session run "Restore Script" and any other mods you want. This will get your account sign in finished
    4) let the phone boot up and finish the "Set up Wizard"
    5) now boot to recovery and run the "Restore Script" and this will finish restoring your settings options and text messages.
    if you have "force close of android.process.acore" or any other force close issue
    ***THE FIX EVER TIME IS GET TO RECOVERY AND FIX PERMISSIONS!!! *** Simple as that.

*WIPES
    choose cache and dalvik cache wipe or go for the Full Wipe

*ROM INSTALLATION (optional, not required for add'on apps, mods or theme options)
    NH5 Based Deodexed Debloated ROM
    missing apps?
    Anyone who wants or needs apps that are not included in my ROM should download this which is an Aroma Based installer that can be found here and was created by @edgarf28 who we can thank

*KERNELS,
    Current Stock Kernel
    ktoonsez Kernel v9-21 includes Kernel Tweaker app and monitor (installed by default)
    Chronic Kernel newest version

*CUSTOM RECOVERY
    Clockwork Mod
    TWRP
    Philz
    all are the most current available

*THEMED GAPPS

Team Blackout Playstore
    Inverted Blue Playstore
    Transparent Playstore

Team Blackout Google Search (go google from any screen not working)
    Gun's Inverted Blue Google Search (go google from any screen not working)

Stock Google Maps
    Darkhorse Blue Edition Maps

Google Translate

Black YouTube
    OG YouTube Downloader with Screen off playback

*LAUNCHERS

ADW Launcher
    Apex Launcher
    Nova Launcher
    Stock Modified TW Launcher with Theme options and Pullup mod
    LMT Pie Launcher

*CAMERAS

Cyanogenmod Camera
    Google 4.4 Camera with Photosphere
    Lenova Super Camera
    Hyper X Stock Mod Camera
    Photosphere Addon for Stock Camera

*TOOLS/APPS

ROM TOOLBOX
    ADVANCED TASK MANAGER
    GREENIFY
    BOAT BROWSER
    ES FILE MANAGER
    TiTANIUM BACKUP
    POWERAMP PLAYER

BLACK GOOGLE CALENDER
    LG OPTIMUS LOCKSCREEN
    BLACK FLIPBOARD
    FLOATING TOUCHER QUICK LAUNCH
    MULTIWINDOW MANAGER
    AD AWAY
    SCREEN OFF ANIMATION
    WANAM
    XPOSED G TOUCHWIZ
    XPOSED LOCKSCREEN WIDGETS
    XPOSED FRAMEWORKS

*MODS/TWEAKS/MODDED APPS

CARRIER STATUSBAR
    SOFTKEY NAVIGATION BAR
    ViPER4Android
    EXTRA QUICK SETTING TOGGLES
    4 WAY BOOT POWER MENU
    HARDWARE BUTTON SWAP
    3MINIT BATTERY MOD
    S-FINDER and QUICK CONNECT REMOVAL
    SYSTEM VOLUME BOOST
    BATTERY SAVE
    FASTER FILE SYSTEM MANAGEMENT
    FASTER INTERNET BROWSER
    SMOOTH TOUCH ZIPALIGN CLEANING
    SPEEDY MEMORY BOOST
    TWEAKED BUILD.PROP
    QUICK TRANSITIONS
    ODEX YOUR ROM
    DE-ODEX YOUR ROM
    DIALERS
    FULLSCREEN INCALL DIALER
    STOCK INCALL DIALER
    STOCK MMS
    DARK MMS
    DISABLE ANNOYING POPUPS
    FIX PERMISSIONS

0dyy.gif

*"THE MISSING LINK" Theme builder
    included in the same zip file.

You have the option to pick from

*12 Quick-pick themes

or go for the

*Build-a-Theme option will when I get it dialed will have literally Unlimited options for new theme option. The Theme options are Vrtheme for universal compatibility. You will be able to choose from options like

*Dialers,
    *Signalbars, 30+ choices
    *Data Icons/Arrows, 13 choices
    *Sprint Data, 9 choices
    *Wi-Fi Icons, 14 choices
    *Frameworks, Base System Option which will theme to match, the apks will include Framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk, SecSettings.apk, SecMms_Blue.apk, SecTele and InCallUi.apks, Keyguard.apk and some of the other common system apks, 12 choices
    *Volume and Brightness Sliders, 27 choices
    *Spinners, 27 choices
    *Toggles, 15 choices
    *Toggle Backgrounds, 15 choices
    *Switches, 9 choices
    *Notification Pulldown Background, 40 choices
    *Flare Lockscreen Light Effect, 18 choices
    *Fingerprint Scanner theme, 10 choices
    *Divider Lines Primary and Secondary, 9 choices each
    *Transition Animations, 4 options

You will also have options that allow
    *Bootanimations with Custom zip enabled, 16 choices
    *Shutdown Animations, 15 choices

That is all the theme option available right now. The installer has animated and still image previews for most of the choices.
    There will be more coming to this section in every update for a while!!

*******************PRESS "CLICK TO SHOW CONTENT" FROM THE BELOW TO PREVIEW THE MISSING LINK CHOICES***************

***Signal Bars, Data Arrows and Icons and Android Backgrounds***
    jmha.jpg

***FRAMEWORK THEMES***
    Black Magnum
    6t8a.png

Google
    py21.jpg

Green
    6dhp.png

Orange
    okre.png

Mellow Yellow
    kqow.png

***FLARE LOCKSCREEN EFFECT ***

AURORA

FIRESTORM

LIGHTNING

METEOR

STARGATE

SOLAR SYSTEM

*****BOOT ANIMATIONS*****

Blue Plasma
    j1j.gif

Illusions
    y1w.gif

D.N.A.
    cir.gif

Blown Away
    hha6.gif

Blue Helix
    pbf.gif

Omega
    e3z.gif

Zoom World

Van Gogh

DOWNLOAD

One Zip One Place O.Z.O.P. ROM v4

Missing Link plus v3+

Flashable add-on
    [https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934516604"]OZOP_rom_control_v3[/URL]

Remember this is work in progress.
    I am always open for new ideas and please let me know if things aren't working.
    Thanks again.
    This project wouldn't be possible without all of the brilliant minds here on XDA!!!

**Again, before you run this installer make a backup Just In Case!!​

previous releases

Fixes/misc downloads:
    Fonts
    copy to system/app will replace current SamsungSans.apk and set permission to 644 (rw-r--r--)

*Flashable TWRP 2.8.0.1
    *Fingerprint Scanner
    *SYSTEMUI.APK FIX
    This is packaged in an Aroma zip with 6 color options and the Potato Gradient app for Statusbar color control
    This is exactly the same stuff that will be in the version of my ROM

*3minit charging animation fix
    *Transparent notification backgrounds for better view of custom pulldown background
    *added Potato Gradient Statusbar
    *moved the "Clear" button to statusbar
    *removed carrier label (just noticed green needs fix still)
    *more color option (each color has matching stock icons)

*Text Messaging Not working

Changelog;
    v3
    *will now be two versions (1 full and 1 minus the rom, just over a gig of storage)
    *basically I am making this a "build your own rom' with a lot of mod options
    *most of these mods, tweaks a modded apps are cooked in Not Now but wanted to make them for the people that use this file for other roms
    *carrier statusbar change to other variants for different data Icons
    *3minit Battery Mod thanks @gharrington
    *4 way power boot menu
    *I will continue to update this because there is a lot more, I just have to leave right now

v2.3
    *updated complete base to newest update NG4
    *ROM is now Deodexed
    *added back some essential Samsung apps to get S-Health, Ultra Power Saving and One Handed Operations fully functional now.
    *includes most of csc tweaks (call recording, mms limits, camera tweaks and more)
    *a big, no HUGE amount of my energy went into the Theming options
    *removed most of the non compatible options
    *fixed a lot of unmatched icons in SecSettings.apk as well as SystemUI.apk
    *much more that I can't remember, with much more to come
    v2
    *full debloated ROM is now included (based off the newest NG3)
    *worked in a lot more Theming
    *added options for Black Dialer and MMS from international ROMs
    *bug fixes, which include;
    Camera options are installing now,
    updated Black Play Store
    *more I can't remember right now.
    v1
    *initial release
    *includes full script with only select mods and theme options
    *settings/logs backup and restore working for most things(no calls or text being restored)

Thanks go out to
    @SICKMADE for his Chrome Dialer which is the base for the dialer themes in Missing Link
    @Goldie for his Smali guide and contributions to Android modding in general
    @tdunham for this awesome how to mod thread from which I hand picked each mod I use and baked into my rom
    @BeansTown106 for all he brings to the community and for the NG4 base
    @edgarf28 for his Aroma Package with apps from full stock ROM and for his Debloated ROM helping me decide what I can remove from my ROM

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM/THEMES/MODS] OZOP v4 CUSTOM THEME BUILDER ROM AND UTILITY TOOL 11/17/14 , ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    stangdriver44
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: Touch Wiz

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: OZOP v4
    Stable Release Date: 2014-11-17

Created 2015-01-11
    Last Updated 2015-01-29
    Update coming

Merry Christmas everyone. Still pushing for an update before the New Year. Be safe and stay warm.
    Wow, looks like I missed the party here! By the looks of the screenshots it looks like everything got figured out? With LP hopefully hours from release I'm starting my rom build and adding OZOP Control to LP! Once I get my rom stable I will start seeing what theme options will be available? Looks like quiet a few things have changed and not sure what will transfer over from KK. wish me luck...
    New stuff soon!!!

Picked up my new pc today. Planning on setting it up tonight and hopefully bringing some new life back to this ghost town! Lol