The Imperius Curse Kernel [06-20-2016]

Search This thread

eidairaman1

Sep 14, 2016
Will it work on a 4.4.2 Rom (BNH5)

(hope to someday make my own ROM that uses BNH5 or MM or a Nougat Kernel for this phone)

destructionj

Dec 29, 2014
Chicago
So umm.. has. anyone shoehorned this awesome kernel into a PK3 or PI1 build yet? My pg2 stock, debloated, rooted rom has ran excellent for months on this kernel, but I'm getting the flash itch.

Ay-EyE

Nov 13, 2017
Reading
Will this work on a S5 Klte (g900t) running resurrection remix nougat? I flashed it and it keeps it on the boot animation. I let it sit for about an hour. At the same time I just seen it comes with root so if I had flashed supersu 2.82 prior would that be the cause of this problem? Should I just flash the RRn rom, gapps Pico and this? Any suggestions of a custom kernel that would be compatible with my setup if this isn't? Ty

gmolds

Mar 14, 2012
So before I create a new brick, can someone help remind me the process? My wife just got handed a used iPhone so I have an extra S5 to test ROMs to see what I want to use. Hers currently has a recent nightly of LOS 14.1 and prior to that was the latest stock from TMO.

If I am thinking of testing out muniz_ri's Stock debloat/deodexed ROM would my steps be:

1. Backup
2. Odin this kernel
3. Odin TWRP
4. Flash that ROM
5. Flash ogApps
6. ???
7. Profit!

?

Sorry, it's been a while since I've used a different kernel... in fact last time it was another one of Shiny's from an older TMO Sammy :)

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Nevermind... found an earlier post within here that I missed yesterday. For other late comers looks like the order is:

1. Backup
2. Factory reset
3. Flash ROM
4. ODIN modem/BL if needed
5. Boot into system to let it all cook
6. F lashed the kernel on top of it...
7. ???
8. Profit

I haven't done it yet as I'm gathering my bits and pieces... but I'll report back if that doesn't work.

gmolds

Mar 14, 2012
Okay so hours later I've been playing with it... and the above steps worked just fine for me...

I'm noticing something similar to the wifi password forgetfulness listed earlier in this thread in that when I customize the notification panel it get's lost on reset. Is there a prop that I need to edit to make that get remembered?

JustusLM

May 29, 2018
Title

Will this work with a G900I running marshmallow factory install on the factory ROM (which I believe is TouchWiz, not sure though)?
It also isn't Simlocked to T-Mobile or anything, but does that even make a difference (asking because this is under "T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5)?

hiitsrudd

May 7, 2018
Naabaho
Will this work with a G900I running marshmallow factory install on the factory ROM (which I believe is TouchWiz, not sure though)?
It also isn't Simlocked to T-Mobile or anything, but does that even make a difference (asking because this is under "T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5)?
are you knowing of this rom:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76592878&postcount=6001
It's Nougat 7.1..2 research if compatible for your device? It's my daily driver now I highly recommend it:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

title.png

tumblr_mdxfsdNnVm1rkyk1ko1_500.gif

description.png

features.png

features_list.png

download.png

06-20

06-16

06-13

source.png

HERE

donate.png

HERE

changelog.png

06-20
    Now Auto Roots Using Latest SuperSU Systemless Root v2.74
    Removes Security Warning
    Makes Wifi Password Build.prop edit
    Removes Some Knox BS

06-16
    Fixed init.d Support
    Adds Full init.d Support Into ROM.
    Added Busybox, Run-parts, Zipalign and Sqlite3 to zip
    Added Zipalign and Sqlite3 init.d Scripts
    Ability to Disable some common wakelocks
    Min/Max Override Fix
    Activated Intelliactive CPU Gov

06-13
    Initial Release

Updated. Change Log in post #2
    Updated 06-20. Users on 06-16 don't need to flash. Kernel remains the same just making it more of one flash and done type deal for new users and future updates.
    just wanted to thank you for your awesome new kernel runs great on my G900W8 on xXx

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA-Developers mobile app