FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ODIN][TAR][OCG] Stock firmwares

1,215 posts
Thanks Meter: 400

Post Reply Email Thread
I present the latest stock ODIN firmware directly from Samsung. The current latest is G925TUVU1AOCG. These are for the T-Mobile Galaxy s6 Edge (SM-G925T) ONLY! DO NOT flash this on any other device.

Instructions:
1.) Make sure you have ODIN 3.10 setup (there are many tutorials on xda and youtube for this).
2.) Download the latest firmware zip from below.
3.) Extract the tar.md5 file from the zip.
4.) Add the tar.md5 file to the AP section of ODIN.
5.) Under Options make sure to ONLY select "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time". DO NOT select repartition (or really anything else)!!!
6.) Click start and let it flash.
(Again there are plenty of tutorials on how to use ODIN)
This won't wipe your data (probably). (It didn't during my test but always make backups just in case.)

Downloads:
G925TUVU1AOCG SHA256 (of zip): 70146cbcf5fe157ca1691085db15e8ffaa7cbdeaa16a604356 7a1c5796a6cb93

Flashing anything is dangerous and I am not responsible for anything you do to any of your devices!
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to jamcar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jamcar Ad-Free

13th April 2015, 10:03 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamcar

I present the latest stock ODIN firmware directly from Samsung. The current latest is G925TUVU1AOCG. These are for the T-Mobile Galaxy s6 Edge (SM-G925T) ONLY! DO NOT flash this on any other device.

Instructions:
1.) Make sure you have ODIN 3.10 setup (there are many tutorials on xda and youtube for this).
5.) Under Options make sure to ONLY select "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time". DO NOT select repartition (or really anything else)!!!
This won't wipe your data (probably). (It didn't during my test but always make backups just in case.)

Downloads:
G925TUVU1AOCG SHA256 (of zip): 70146cbcf5fe157ca1691085db15e8ffaa7cbdeaa16a604356 7a1c5796a6cb93

Flashing anything is dangerous and I am not responsible for anything you do to any of your devices!

Thanks been looking for this
14th April 2015, 03:25 AM |#3  
Flag Largo
Thanks Meter: 1,811

Donate to Me
More
Ahahahahahahaha! I believe roms can be crafted!
14th April 2015, 04:40 AM |#4  
Flag Henderson, NV
Thanks Meter: 602

More
Quote:

Instructions:

Downloads:

Appreciate the first downloadable tar. Maybe a better place would be in the Android Development section. Just a thought. (Or original android development. ) Not sure which would be more appropriate but I'm sure a lot more users would see this. Just my 2c. Thanks for the post.
14th April 2015, 06:13 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docmjldds

Appreciate the first downloadable tar. Maybe a better place would be in the Android Development section. Just a thought. (Or original android development. ) Not sure which would be more appropriate but I'm sure a lot more users would see this. Just my 2c. Thanks for the post.

Unmodified stock ROMs do not belong in the android development section so general seemed like the better choice. Any mod, please correct me and move this thread if I am wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamcar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jamcar Ad-Free
14th April 2015, 05:53 PM |#6  
Flag Savanah
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Always seem to remember them being in general or Q and A.

Word
14th April 2015, 05:55 PM |#7  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 978

More
THANK YOU for upload to MEGA. I'm getting really sick of the rapidgator spam.
14th April 2015, 06:08 PM |#8  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 214

Donate to Me
More
Just when I think I'm getting well versed in rooting, etc. I ask a question like this:

What is the reason to install the stock firmware? I'm rooted with stock recovery flashed.

Thanks!
14th April 2015, 06:15 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermCraig

Just when I think I'm getting well versed in rooting, etc. I ask a question like this:

What is the reason to install the stock firmware? I'm rooted with stock recovery flashed.

Thanks!

Lets says the rooting process borked your phone (or maybe you installed some experimental ROM/kernel, etc.). You can still get into download mode but can't get anything else to work right. Flash back to stock and start again.

See how it's useful?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamcar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jamcar Ad-Free
14th April 2015, 06:32 PM |#10  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 214

Donate to Me
More
Yep that helps! So, aside from that, if I am up and running - albeit very slowly and with significant battery drain - is there any reason for me to flash this firmware?

Quote:

Lets says the rooting process borked your phone (or maybe you installed some experimental ROM/kernel, etc.). You can still get into download mode but can't get anything else to work right. Flash back to stock and start again.

See how it's useful?

14th April 2015, 06:40 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Northern California
Thanks Meter: 617

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermCraig

Yep that helps! So, aside from that, if I am up and running - albeit very slowly and with significant battery drain - is there any reason for me to flash this firmware?

Those TWO reasons are exactly why you should try this. MANY, including myself have had the battery drain, lag, and overheating Cured by flashing the stock ROM Firmware.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)