[ODIN][TAR][OCG] Stock firmwares

Search This thread

jamcar

Aug 11, 2010
Orlando
I present the latest stock ODIN firmware directly from Samsung. The current latest is G925TUVU1AOCG. These are for the T-Mobile Galaxy s6 Edge (SM-G925T) ONLY! DO NOT flash this on any other device.

Instructions:
1.) Make sure you have ODIN 3.10 setup (there are many tutorials on xda and youtube for this).
2.) Download the latest firmware zip from below.
3.) Extract the tar.md5 file from the zip.
4.) Add the tar.md5 file to the AP section of ODIN.
5.) Under Options make sure to ONLY select "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time". DO NOT select repartition (or really anything else)!!!
6.) Click start and let it flash.
(Again there are plenty of tutorials on how to use ODIN)
This won't wipe your data (probably). (It didn't during my test but always make backups just in case.)

Downloads:
G925TUVU1AOCG SHA256 (of zip): 70146cbcf5fe157ca1691085db15e8ffaa7cbdeaa16a6043567a1c5796a6cb93

Flashing anything is dangerous and I am not responsible for anything you do to any of your devices!

Last edited:

Tomsgt

I present the latest stock ODIN firmware directly from Samsung. The current latest is G925TUVU1AOCG. These are for the T-Mobile Galaxy s6 Edge (SM-G925T) ONLY! DO NOT flash this on any other device.

Instructions:
1.) Make sure you have ODIN 3.10 setup (there are many tutorials on xda and youtube for this).
5.) Under Options make sure to ONLY select "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time". DO NOT select repartition (or really anything else)!!!
This won't wipe your data (probably). (It didn't during my test but always make backups just in case.)

Downloads:
G925TUVU1AOCG SHA256 (of zip): 70146cbcf5fe157ca1691085db15e8ffaa7cbdeaa16a6043567a1c5796a6cb93

Flashing anything is dangerous and I am not responsible for anything you do to any of your devices!

Thanks been looking for this

Docmjldds

Jan 27, 2010
Henderson, NV

Instructions:

Downloads:

Appreciate the first downloadable tar. Maybe a better place would be in the Android Development section. Just a thought. (Or original android development. ) Not sure which would be more appropriate but I'm sure a lot more users would see this. Just my 2c. Thanks for the post.

jamcar

Aug 11, 2010
Orlando
Appreciate the first downloadable tar. Maybe a better place would be in the Android Development section. Just a thought. (Or original android development. ) Not sure which would be more appropriate but I'm sure a lot more users would see this. Just my 2c. Thanks for the post.

Unmodified stock ROMs do not belong in the android development section so general seemed like the better choice. Any mod, please correct me and move this thread if I am wrong.

jamcar

Aug 11, 2010
Orlando
Just when I think I'm getting well versed in rooting, etc. I ask a question like this:

What is the reason to install the stock firmware? I'm rooted with stock recovery flashed.

Thanks!

Lets says the rooting process borked your phone (or maybe you installed some experimental ROM/kernel, etc.). You can still get into download mode but can't get anything else to work right. Flash back to stock and start again.

See how it's useful?

ShermCraig

Oct 26, 2009
New York, NY
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Yep that helps! So, aside from that, if I am up and running - albeit very slowly and with significant battery drain - is there any reason for me to flash this firmware?

Lets says the rooting process borked your phone (or maybe you installed some experimental ROM/kernel, etc.). You can still get into download mode but can't get anything else to work right. Flash back to stock and start again.

See how it's useful?

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
Yep that helps! So, aside from that, if I am up and running - albeit very slowly and with significant battery drain - is there any reason for me to flash this firmware?
Those TWO reasons are exactly why you should try this. MANY, including myself have had the battery drain, lag, and overheating Cured by flashing the stock ROM Firmware.

Last edited:

ShermCraig

Oct 26, 2009
New York, NY
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Those TWO reasons are exactly why you should try this. MANY, including myself have had the battery drain, lag, and overheating cured by flashing the stock ROM.

@SuperSport - you said you flashed the stock ROM - @jamcar is talking about flashing the firmware. Two completely different things. Can someone clarify? FWIW, I did flash the stock ROM a few days ago, but after reinstalling everything, I'm back to being laggy and battery drain.

Thanks all!! :)

SuperSport

Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
@SuperSport - you said you flashed the stock ROM - @jamcar is talking about flashing the firmware. Two completely different things. Can someone clarify? FWIW, I did flash the stock ROM a few days ago, but after reinstalling everything, I'm back to being laggy and battery drain.

Yes, I said that wrong. I meant Firmware. There are many reports that the issues go away after flashing the Stock Firmware back on. I was using Smart Switch to do it, but Odin is a great alternative if Smart Switch does not work for you. I'm not sure why your issues returned, maybe the Root is bringing it back, or maybe an incompatible app. I've found a few apps that Force Close on me that never used to on my Galaxy S4 (ie: 'dji-vision' app for the Phantom Drone), so it is possible other apps are drawing too much power, etc...

Reactions: ShermCraig

ShermCraig

Oct 26, 2009
New York, NY
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Okay, that makes sense. I have been having Amazon FC's since rooting. Frustrating but not as bad as it was at its worst. Using Clean Master for the lag issues and Greenify for the battery. Not sure if they counter each other though. Anyway, I will try flashing the Firmware and report back. Thank you again for clarifying.

Yes, I said that wrong. I meant Firmware. There are many reports that the issues go away after flashing the Stock Firmware back on. I was using Smart Switch to do it, but Odin is a great alternative if Smart Switch does not work for you. I'm not sure why your issues returned, maybe the Root is bringing it back, or maybe an incompatible app. I've found a few apps that Force Close on me that never used to on my Galaxy S4 (ie: 'dji-vision' app for the Phantom Drone), so it is possible other apps are drawing too much power, etc...

jamcar

Aug 11, 2010
Orlando

@SuperSport correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there two reasons for @ShermCraig issues? First would be the outdated build and second would be the recovery deep sleep issue if they're rooted.

SuperSport

Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
@SuperSport correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there two reasons for @ShermCraig issues? First would be the outdated build and second would be the recovery deep sleep issue if they're rooted.
Yes, and Yes. But I have heard some report that they Rooted after flashing the Firmware that has the OCG update included and they did not have the deep sleep issue anymore. Although, I believe they replaced the recovery with the original again. I myself have not rooted, so I'm not speaking from experience, just what I've been reading.

ShermCraig

Oct 26, 2009
New York, NY
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Yes, and Yes. But I have heard some report that they Rooted after flashing the Firmware that has the OCG update included and they did not have the deep sleep issue anymore. Although, I believe they replaced the recovery with the original again. I myself have not rooted, so I'm not speaking from experience, just what I've been reading.

So, I cannot access Mega from my office - can anyone possibly put it in either dropbox or drive? :D DISREGARD - I am getting it by tethering off of my shiny S6 Edge!

Last edited:

SuperSport

Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
So, I cannot access Mega from my office - can anyone possibly put it in either dropbox or drive? :D DISREGARD - I am getting it by tethering off of my shiny S6 Edge!
I've now rooted, and flashed the Stock Recovery back to my phone. Deep Sleep is working fine. I'll monitor it over the next few days to see what the battery life is like.

Here is the Stock Recovery for T-Mobile Edge SM-G925T.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3nX3DCjdq6MWS00NHFqRVhOVlk/view?usp=sharing

a7medxda

Sep 12, 2013

See how it's useful?

This is exactly the the situation that I am in:eek:. I am glad OP posted the stock firmware.

Does anybody know why my phone gets stuck in a boot loop when I try to root. I used the S6 version as was suggested in the root tutorial, everything goes smoothly but then it just bootloops.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Instructions:

Downloads:

Where are the roms at guys :D I'm trying to build one as soon as I finish fixing my pc

Unmodified stock ROMs do not belong in the android development section so general seemed like the better choice. Any mod, please correct me and move this thread if I am wrong.
    Just when I think I'm getting well versed in rooting, etc. I ask a question like this:

What is the reason to install the stock firmware? I'm rooted with stock recovery flashed.

Thanks!

See how it's useful?