947 posts
Thanks Meter: 270

By pete4k, Senior Member on 23rd April 2017, 05:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th May 2017, 01:48 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 270

More
You need wired headset to act as antenna. You could get old headphones, cut them off and try using shorter wire alone as antenna, but I do not know if you can reroute sound from headphones to speakers or BT. I used to have old phone that had a switch in menu, where sound could bypass headphones and go to speaker or BT even with headphones plugged in, but don't think S8 has this capability and it would have to be hacked somehow.

7th May 2017, 07:44 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkalbarc

AT&T here and works like a charm.

It works because carrier specific S8's are actually the same model but have different software on then.
16th May 2017, 02:13 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidbuff123

Verizon here. FM radio is working

I was surprised. Verizon stepped up. The carriers must have made a deal with NextRadio to get a commission when you buy a song.
16th May 2017, 02:01 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Actually I think this time it was Samsung who put the foot down and told carriers how they wanted to sell their phones through them. This is why you don't have any carrier branding either
19th May 2017, 02:53 PM |#15  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 324

More
I hate how carriers can dictate their own stupid model hardware. They should all have the same hardware regardless of which carrier you have but have different software. I still hate all the carrier bloatware though.
25th May 2017, 06:51 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
If you flash factory binary there is an app that lets you listen without headphones, I've been trying to think of a way to get that to install on stock or get the ability to launch it since it seems to be already installed on stock. Doubt it can be done without root, but maybe someone can figure it out?
26th May 2017, 12:47 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
What is the name of the app?
30th May 2017, 10:27 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Just says fm radio, you can just Google Samsung fm radio all the ones I try says that it conflicts with a package of the same name on stock, probably need to wait for root if it ever happens to make it work
20th June 2017, 07:37 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ddan
It's working on my S7 edge as well not only the S8. I flashed factory binary on my S8 plus and did a backup of the fm radio app and transferred to my s7 edge and guess what? Working perfectly without any problem. Thanks samsung for snapdragon chipset.
22nd June 2017, 11:00 PM |#20  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 920

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by richierich118

Anyway to get this working with bluetooth headset ?

A wired headphones should be plugged in for the FM chip to work because it acts as an antenna.
22nd June 2017, 11:53 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I once again tried nextradio app on my friend's Sprint S6 Egde on android 6.0.1 but prove futile. But after updating it to 7.0 it's working. That means all the previous firmware have the radio chip locked down. I don't know if any subsequent updates will cause the device to lose its radio functionality.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)