FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Review: Wireless Charging Enabled Back Cover with T-Mobile LG G3

3,340 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,636

By sn0warmy, Senior Member on 22nd August 2014, 01:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
After reading through this thread, a couple people made mention of a possible back cover that replaces our stock one and enables wireless charging on the U.S. LG G3. As someone who has 2 wireless Qi chargers laying around collecting dust, I was very excited to get wireless charging capabilities on my G3 like I had on my Nexus 5. So I immediately placed my order.

For Only $38 shipped, it was definitely worth a shot. I ordered it from HERE (eBay) on August 2nd. It finally arrived today (August 21st) and I immediately unwrapped it and got it installed.

I'm happy to say that it works flawlessly with both the Tylt Vue Wireless Charger and LG WCP-700 Wireless Charging Pad.

I tested it both without a case and with a TPU case so I can confirm it will work just fine with a case just like the Nexus 5 did. For those curious, the new wireless back is the exact same dimensions as the stock one and clips right into the phone just the same.

Overall: It's perfect and works exactly as intended. I recommend this to anyone wanting to get wireless charging enabled on their G3.

Now on for some pics...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sn0warmy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sn0warmy Ad-Free

22nd August 2014, 02:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 221

More
Still waiting on mine to come...
22nd August 2014, 02:27 PM |#3  
Flag Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Does it randomly disconnect and reconnect? Both of my Nokia dt910 do that. I have a cheap pad from amazon coming to test.
22nd August 2014, 02:48 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 495

More
I wanted 4 wireless chargers so I went cheap, I know not the smartest thing. lol I guess I got knock offs and they charge and disconnect. I've tried different cables but no worky. My NFC works so I guess my sticker I bought in the main accessory section should be good right? I really like that Tylt charger just don't want to sped that much since I want 4.
22nd August 2014, 03:52 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver, CO

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvndeb60

Does it randomly disconnect and reconnect? Both of my Nokia dt910 do that. I have a cheap pad from amazon coming to test.

It doesn't randomly disconnect with either charger. The Tylt Vue is flawless. The LG charger gives me the "charging slowly" message but from what I have seen it charges just as fast so to me that's a non-issue. But again, neither charger randomly disconnects.
The Following User Says Thank You to sn0warmy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sn0warmy Ad-Free
22nd August 2014, 03:53 PM |#6  
Flag Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0warmy

It doesn't randomly disconnect with either charger. The Tylt Vue is flawless. The LG charger gives me the "charging slowly" message but from what I have seen it charges just as fast so to me that's a non-issue. But again, neither charger randomly disconnects.

Thanks man, I will hunt for a new charger.
22nd August 2014, 04:25 PM |#7  
Flag Union City
Thanks Meter: 26

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

After reading through this thread, a couple people made mention of a possible back cover that replaces our stock one and enables wireless charging on the U.S. LG G3. As someone who has 2 wireless Qi chargers laying around collecting dust, I was very excited to get wireless charging capabilities on my G3 like I had on my Nexus 5. So I immediately placed my order.

For Only $38 shipped, it was definitely worth a shot. I ordered it from HERE (eBay) on August 2nd. It finally arrived today (August 21st) and I immediately unwrapped it and got it installed.

I'm happy to say that it works flawlessly with both the Tylt Vue Wireless Charger and LG WCP-700 Wireless Charging Pad.

I tested it both without a case and with a TPU case so I can confirm it will work just fine with a case just like the Nexus 5 did. For those curious, the new wireless back is the exact same dimensions as the stock one and clips right into the phone just the same.

Overall: It's perfect and works exactly as intended. I recommend this to anyone wanting to get wireless charging enabled on their G3.

Now on for some pics...

Awesome, just got mine in yesterday. Wireless charger should arrive today. Glad to know it'll work.
23rd August 2014, 05:38 AM |#8  

More
Got mine this afternoon too. Wireless charging is flawless with my nexus 4 orb, not so much with my nexus 5 one though. Slides too much on the glass. Haven't tried to see if NFC is working yet. Not to say it won't, but I do want to make sure.
26th August 2014, 05:35 AM |#9  
Quote:

Now on for some pics...

Do you get bulging around the volume rocker?
26th August 2014, 07:48 PM |#10  

More
I have tried NFC now and it works fine. Only issue is that the cover isn't fully flush on the bottom of the phone. It sits a hair higher than the phone frame. Barely noticeable, but present.
27th August 2014, 02:10 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver, CO

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxn91

Do you get bulging around the volume rocker?

I have absolutely no bulging around the volume rocker. It's completely flush all the way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzaDroid

I have tried NFC now and it works fine. Only issue is that the cover isn't fully flush on the bottom of the phone. It sits a hair higher than the phone frame. Barely noticeable, but present.

I just took my TPU case off and inspected the edges of the back plate and can confirm that I don't have this issue. It sits 100% flush with the edge of the phone. It looks no different than the stock back plate on the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)