Review: Wireless Charging Enabled Back Cover with T-Mobile LG G3

Search This thread

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
After reading through this thread, a couple people made mention of a possible back cover that replaces our stock one and enables wireless charging on the U.S. LG G3. As someone who has 2 wireless Qi chargers laying around collecting dust, I was very excited to get wireless charging capabilities on my G3 like I had on my Nexus 5. So I immediately placed my order.

For Only $38 shipped, it was definitely worth a shot. I ordered it from HERE (eBay) on August 2nd. It finally arrived today (August 21st) and I immediately unwrapped it and got it installed.

I'm happy to say that it works flawlessly with both the Tylt Vue Wireless Charger and LG WCP-700 Wireless Charging Pad.

I tested it both without a case and with a TPU case so I can confirm it will work just fine with a case just like the Nexus 5 did. For those curious, the new wireless back is the exact same dimensions as the stock one and clips right into the phone just the same.

Overall: It's perfect and works exactly as intended. I recommend this to anyone wanting to get wireless charging enabled on their G3. :good::highfive:

Now on for some pics...

20140821_172745_zps2aad24b2.jpg

20140821_173010_zps2404ec5a.jpg

20140821_173034_zpsfbc2c3a7.jpg

IMG_20140821_173439_zps3ce89835.jpg

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I wanted 4 wireless chargers so I went cheap, I know not the smartest thing. lol I guess I got knock offs and they charge and disconnect. I've tried different cables but no worky. My NFC works so I guess my sticker I bought in the main accessory section should be good right? I really like that Tylt charger just don't want to sped that much since I want 4.

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
Does it randomly disconnect and reconnect? Both of my Nokia dt910 do that. I have a cheap pad from amazon coming to test.

It doesn't randomly disconnect with either charger. The Tylt Vue is flawless. The LG charger gives me the "charging slowly" message but from what I have seen it charges just as fast so to me that's a non-issue. But again, neither charger randomly disconnects.

Reactions: Gvndeb60

happilyaccosted

Oct 15, 2010
Union City
After reading through this thread, a couple people made mention of a possible back cover that replaces our stock one and enables wireless charging on the U.S. LG G3. As someone who has 2 wireless Qi chargers laying around collecting dust, I was very excited to get wireless charging capabilities on my G3 like I had on my Nexus 5. So I immediately placed my order.

For Only $38 shipped, it was definitely worth a shot. I ordered it from HERE (eBay) on August 2nd. It finally arrived today (August 21st) and I immediately unwrapped it and got it installed.

I'm happy to say that it works flawlessly with both the Tylt Vue Wireless Charger and LG WCP-700 Wireless Charging Pad.

I tested it both without a case and with a TPU case so I can confirm it will work just fine with a case just like the Nexus 5 did. For those curious, the new wireless back is the exact same dimensions as the stock one and clips right into the phone just the same.

Overall: It's perfect and works exactly as intended. I recommend this to anyone wanting to get wireless charging enabled on their G3. :good::highfive:

Now on for some pics...

Awesome, just got mine in yesterday. Wireless charger should arrive today. Glad to know it'll work.

gotzaDroid

Sep 13, 2012
Got mine this afternoon too. Wireless charging is flawless with my nexus 4 orb, not so much with my nexus 5 one though. Slides too much on the glass. Haven't tried to see if NFC is working yet. Not to say it won't, but I do want to make sure.

alxn91

Jan 29, 2013
houston

Now on for some pics...

Do you get bulging around the volume rocker?

gotzaDroid

Sep 13, 2012
I have tried NFC now and it works fine. Only issue is that the cover isn't fully flush on the bottom of the phone. It sits a hair higher than the phone frame. Barely noticeable, but present.

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
Do you get bulging around the volume rocker?

I have absolutely no bulging around the volume rocker. It's completely flush all the way around.

I have tried NFC now and it works fine. Only issue is that the cover isn't fully flush on the bottom of the phone. It sits a hair higher than the phone frame. Barely noticeable, but present.

I just took my TPU case off and inspected the edges of the back plate and can confirm that I don't have this issue. It sits 100% flush with the edge of the phone. It looks no different than the stock back plate on the phone.

gotzaDroid

Sep 13, 2012
I have absolutely no bulging around the volume rocker. It's completely flush all the way around.

I just took my TPU case off and inspected the edges of the back plate and can confirm that I don't have this issue. It sits 100% flush with the edge of the phone. It looks no different than the stock back plate on the phone.

I'm still happy with it and it could be my phone. I never really "inspected" that area prior to getting the new back plate. Maybe one day I'll throw the old one on to compare. Either way, I have 4 nexus wireless chargers (orb and plate) that can be used again.

Semantics

Nov 30, 2009
They're both OEM. But with just 5 day shipping for $7 less, I'd definitely go your route as well. Nice find! I had to wait 3 weeks for mine.

Sorry, wasn't suggesting the other wasn't legit OEM, just thought this was a good deal. Also, you can't tell by the photo but it has the same metallic back as the one the phone comes with and I've seen some "OEM Backs" that are made in China, this is made in S. Korea.

chivamex10

Mar 6, 2012
bought the tylt wireless charger only to find out the cover I bought off ebay didn't have Qi:(

90EA626D-254A-4707-B9FF-C70CD4EA87E9_zps33vxq88o.jpg

AE091A49-E6DB-4721-8A88-E14DF85CC07A_zpspmvwgevs.jpg

Guess I'll have to return it for another one.

Maine_Coon

Sep 24, 2009
Reactions: unciviilized

phialsquiz

Aug 22, 2008
It doesn't randomly disconnect with either charger. The Tylt Vue is flawless. The LG charger gives me the "charging slowly" message but from what I have seen it charges just as fast so to me that's a non-issue. But again, neither charger randomly disconnects.

Maybe you didn't align the phone with the qi charging pad. I had the same problem, if i miss align the phone with the qi charging hot spot, it will tell u charging slowly. After u fix the position, the warning will go away.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Now on for some pics...

This is legit OEM. Perfect fit free shipping that took 5 days. All charging and NFC work.

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=111424496496

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    Does it randomly disconnect and reconnect? Both of my Nokia dt910 do that. I have a cheap pad from amazon coming to test.

Does the original back have wireless charging?

none of the US models have the original back cover with Qi charging.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

I've got myself Quick Circle case with wireless charging from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/121438812943?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Works flawlessly with all 3 of my wireless chargers.
    @Galaxysm

There is a way if you're rooted and using G3 tweaksbox. It's an option to shut that off