FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Tempered glass screen protectors...

139 posts
Thanks Meter: 29
 
By wifiguru, Senior Member on 17th July 2014, 06:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
These are way better than the plastic crap that is dominant.

I've bought a couple of these. They are $8.95 on Amazon Prime:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KGSW734/



I've also had one on my HTC One m8. Works awesome, and the feel... feels like glass.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wifiguru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wifiguru Ad-Free
 
 
17th July 2014, 06:46 PM |#2  
wavrunrx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 400
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifiguru

These are way better than the plastic crap that is dominant.

I've bought a couple of these. They are $8.95 on Amazon Prime:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KGSW734/



I've also had one on my HTC One m8. Works awesome, and the feel... feels like glass.

just got mine in the mail this morning, it looks pro.
17th July 2014, 07:11 PM |#3  
npaladin2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wappingers Falls
Thanks Meter: 49
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifiguru

These are way better than the plastic crap that is dominant.

I've bought a couple of these. They are $8.95 on Amazon Prime:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KGSW734/



I've also had one on my HTC One m8. Works awesome, and the feel... feels like glass.

From the pictures I think that must be Billy Mays hawking the things...
17th July 2014, 07:20 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Gatos, CA
Thanks Meter: 29
 
Donate to Me
More
Hahaha! Yeah... They have to pitch these things some how (RIP Billy Mays)

But really, these protectors are the way to go. I will never use a plastic screen protector again.
17th July 2014, 07:34 PM |#5  
npaladin2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wappingers Falls
Thanks Meter: 49
 
Donate to Me
More
Naah, I like my wet-applied TPU protectors, they never ever ever get dust stuck between it and the screen.
17th July 2014, 08:01 PM |#6  
BACARDILIMON's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 2,385
 
More
So I just got one. Hope this fits with otter box
17th July 2014, 08:02 PM |#7  
wavrunrx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 400
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000

Naah, I like my wet-applied TPU protectors, they never ever ever get dust stuck between it and the screen.

the trick to installing these glass protectors is this:

turn your shower on to its hottest water setting; close the door.
go back in 10 minutes.
install the screen protector in your bathroom, with the door closed.

sounds nutty, but the condensation in the air attaches to any particulate matter in the air, and sticks it to the walls, or the floor;

not your screen
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to wavrunrx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wavrunrx Ad-Free
17th July 2014, 08:08 PM |#8  
npaladin2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wappingers Falls
Thanks Meter: 49
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavrunrx

the trick to installing these glass protectors is this:

turn your shower on to its hottest water setting; close the door.
go back in 10 minutes.
install the screen protector in your bathroom, with the door closed.

sounds nutty, but the condensation in the air attaches to any particulate matter in the air, and sticks it to the walls, or the floor;

not your screen

You're right. It does sound nutty.
17th July 2014, 08:11 PM |#9  
wavrunrx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 400
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000

You're right. It does sound nutty.

for those in the know however; it is *the* way to do it properly.
that is unless you have access to one of these

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wavrunrx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wavrunrx Ad-Free
17th July 2014, 08:16 PM |#10  
npaladin2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wappingers Falls
Thanks Meter: 49
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavrunrx

for those in the know however; it is *the* way to do it properly.
that is unless you have access to one of these

That's about 10 times the size of my bathroom (which partially explains why I think it's nutty to be messing with a phone in there).

Then again, I actually did have access to a dust-free clean room about 10 years ago, when I was working for IBM.

Maybe what's needed is a small dust-free chamber to do these things. We could make a fortune selling them.
The Following User Says Thank You to npaladin2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift npaladin2000 Ad-Free
18th July 2014, 04:26 AM |#11  
BACARDILIMON's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 2,385
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavrunrx

the trick to installing these glass protectors is this:

turn your shower on to its hottest water setting; close the door.
go back in 10 minutes.
install the screen protector in your bathroom, with the door closed.

sounds nutty, but the condensation in the air attaches to any particulate matter in the air, and sticks it to the walls, or the floor;

not your screen

That's how I do it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes