[ROM][OFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix v5.8.3 [d851] [NOUGAT][07-02-2017][WEEKLY OTA]

How often should this rom be released?

• Nightly!

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Weekly!

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Oh I see. I rarely mess with OTAs. Is the OTA a delta or just a full ROM to be downloaded/flashed.

LG G3 D851, Mahdi KitKat ROM, microG Project (NoGapps), MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Shawn R

Feb 28, 2014
Ok. I will. I forgot which version of Gapps is compatible with this ROM. I tried flashing ARM 6.0 Pico and ARM 7.1 Pico but they both failed. What version of Gapps are you using?

satcomranger

Feb 12, 2013
Ok. I will. I forgot which version of Gapps is compatible with this ROM. I tried flashing ARM 6.0 Pico and ARM 7.1 Pico but they both failed. What version of Gapps are you using?
Gapps must be of the arm 7.1 version since this is a nougat release. You can use pico or any other level as long as they are 7.1
If you are coming from an android 6 rom i suggest you wipe everything and start over.
Use twrp 3.0.2.0 There are some later versions but i have read reports of where newer twrps are not working right and that might be why your attempted flashes are failing.

1) boot into twrp 3.0.2.0
2) BACKUP your current rom and data
3) Did I mention to BACKUP your current rom and data
4) Wipe .. ADVANCED wipe == Jumping from a Android 6 to Android 7 release you really need to wipe everything and start over
5) Flash the new rom
6) Flash superSU or magisk
7) Flash your gapps
8) Reboot --may take 5 to 8 minutes first time.

Shawn R

Feb 28, 2014
Gapps must be of the arm 7.1 version since this is a nougat release. You can use pico or any other level as long as they are 7.1
If you are coming from an android 6 rom i suggest you wipe everything and start over.
Use twrp 3.0.2.0 There are some later versions but i have read reports of where newer twrps are not working right and that might be why your attempted flashes are failing.

1) boot into twrp 3.0.2.0
2) BACKUP your current rom and data
3) Did I mention to BACKUP your current rom and data
4) Wipe .. ADVANCED wipe == Jumping from a Android 6 to Android 7 release you really need to wipe everything and start over
5) Flash the new rom
6) Flash superSU or magisk
7) Flash your gapps
8) Reboot --may take 5 to 8 minutes first time.

Yeah. I found one that worked for Android 7.1. Thanks!

Last edited:

Shawn R

Feb 28, 2014
For 5.8.3. Whenever I power off my phone and hook up the charging cable, the battery percentage display is super tiny. Is it possible to adjust this in settings?

mehrozaly_MAC

Jul 5, 2017
Not sure but one of the reasons might be because there are no updates to check for.

LG G3 D851, Clean ROM v1.4, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5
Yes you are right but first it said "your device is up to date". I factory reset my phone for some reasons and now it's showing "can't check update". That's why I am confused.

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Yes you are right but first it said "your device is up to date". I factory reset my phone for some reasons and now it's showing "can't check update". That's why I am confused.

Oh, now I see what happened. There are no downloads whatsoever. All of the dev's ROMs and files are gone from AFH.
You won't be able to redownload anything so I hope folks kept ahold of things.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, Dark ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.3

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

When will be the v5.8.4 for D851 model? Thanks

General rule: no ETAs (i.e. never ask when).
That said, I don't think anything will be forthcoming.

thedeanius

Jun 28, 2009
Kansas City
Not only are the files gone from Afh but his entire profile is gone as well as his XDA profile.
Anyone know how to get in touch with him? Not about this rom, but just to see if he is ok...?

cidxtc

Not only are the files gone from Afh but his entire profile is gone as well as his XDA profile.
Anyone know how to get in touch with him? Not about this rom, but just to see if he is ok...?

Stalker! Lol!
Sometimes when a dev has had too much they will do this. Not saying that is what happened just that I have done the same in the past along with countless others.

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Last time there was contact was on the Axon 7 Pure Fusion ROM thread. He then announced he wouldn't maintain it anymore.
Maybe he's working quietly on his AOSP-CAF O ROM. One can hope.

The part that may hurt is the removal of all the files without at least closing the threads first.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, Dark ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gave her a quick test. Flashed as secondary in MultiROM. No gapps on this run. Wanted to make sure nothing got in the way.
    Very nice.
    Lots of goodies/options/features (Xposed? Not needed here). Most of the things one would want. Went through most of the settings with no issues.

Mobile data works using 20e modem/bootstack.
    Bluetooth works. Played music over a speaker fine.
    No way to test WiFi and I rarely make calls so no tests there.
    I was surprised to see Chrome there but then remembered Chrome provides WebView on Nougat ROMs. Good.
    Choice of Trebuchet or Pixel launchers.

One issue is CM Filemanager. Won't properly access SD card. It has root access despite what the toasts say. Happens on CM 14.1 also so not this ROM's fault.

Next up is a reflash with gapps and apps. And Pixel icons (not sure if they're included).
    ?

LG G3 D851, SlimSaber LP ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5
    Mostly wifi. I used my phone as I normally do on a daily basis. Lots of surfing, social media and music streaming. This is the second cycle after install. I gave it a slight down clock and greenfied just a few apps that tend to linger in the background (G+, XDA, Opera). Nothing more. I still had a bit more juice left over. 5 1/2 hours SOT?

This is the most efficient N rom to date. I've run them all. I don't know what kind of voodoo went into it, but it's currently cream of the crop on my phone. You guys didn't just release a stable rom, it's also super efficient for light to medium use. The cpu's are cool as a cucumber and only doling out what's necessary for day to day applications. The rom sleeps like a baby, too. Of course, YMMV based on your usage. For me, only one other rom gave me this kind of fluid performance plus efficiency: Exodus MM. I've been hesitant to move forward because of it. RR Nougat may have just nudged me out of my comfort zone. I would imagine that once other teams catch up, I'll see similar results. As for now, you guys are miles ahead in this race. Again, great job!

Not one crash or random reboot since install. A solid build!
    Also, remember that it takes several charge cycles before battery / ROM settles in.
    Try it ! I find it to be an excellent rom. But only you can decide if it suits your needs. What you may deem a bug, may be nothing to others .