Hello guys, I spent 2 weeks analyzing hex files in order to revive a D851 that I got my hands on. It was not an easy journey but I would like to share this with the devs or people who are looking at bring their bricks to life.
What I did was actually hack the Sahara programmer files that WillCracker (BoardDiag) programs use. This comes in the attached files. Seems like there was no site on the Internet sharing this unique files and thus not allowing us to unrbick the D851.
For a more detailed view of how I got these modified files created please look at this post
But with this uniquely created files we now have unbrickable D851's , I have revived one D851 phone that I had dead. Right now it already booted into download mode and it is loading the *.tot.
- Connect your D851 phone without battery via USB to a Windows Box.
- Make sure you have installed the HS USB 9008 Drivers installed. If so you will find something called "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COMxx)" under device manager, make sure you check the COM Port number, as you will need this later on the next step.
- Open up BoardDiag.exe (from the downloaded files here, as it includes modified files specific for D851) and select: B2 (MSM8974AC), and pick up your COM Port.
- Under 'Image Extraction' select your bin which should be the *.tot file (I used LG_D851.10C_TOT&DLL.7z).
- Hit the 'extract' button into a directory of your choice.
- Pick under 'COM Port' the 'Target Dir' and select where you have extracted the *.tot. This will allow us to start flashing the partition files.
- Select on the checkbox "AP check".
- Check the box called "RESTORE BOOT IMG", in here start picking up the partitions, write each one of them (not system, userdata or cache -- those are worthless for now), and ONLY in the end flash LAF and then finally SBL*. After this you will see the phone boot up with the battery icon since you do not have a battery connected. This is when you can tell you have now the bootloader reflashed.
- Unplug the USB cable, insert the battery into the phone and hold UP while hooking up the USB cable again. After doing this your phone will boot up in download mode and now you can go ahead and flash the correct firmware using a tool such as LGFlashTool.
Below you can see a screenshot of the dmesg showing that it is already in download mode (after being in QC HS USB 9008 mode)... I am so !"#$ happy
I flashed the partitions like in this other guide but please use the attached file or else it won't work.
NOTE: Do download the attached Willcracker Version I attached specific for the D851, this is a modified one and is the only type of program I managed to use to revive my phone. I cannot stop insisting that any other set of files will not work on our D851, which is what most people reported on the forums for some time.
EXTRA: Disable Windows driver update, updating the Qualcomm HS-USB driver can cause conflicts and problems on the process.