FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

H901 T-Mobile Nougat v30b TWRP flashable update.zip

2,655 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,154

By runningnak3d, Recognized Developer on 19th July 2017, 07:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
If you have already upgraded to Nougat using the manual method I posted, you don't need to flash this. If you do, you will get all the bloat back (again), and have to flash your su bin (again), but it isn't going to break your phone.

This is for the H901. Make SURE you have an ACTUAL H901, and not one of the half / half H901 / F600 phones.

If you are still on MM (any version), NOT LP, then you can use this to upgrade (or clean install -- just do a wipe) to Android 7.0 Nougat. This is from the official KDZ that was released on July 18th.

When you flash this, all the carrier bloat / LG bloat / crap / garbage, will come back. You will also lose root until you flash the su bin of your choice. That is the point of this, you WON'T lose TWRP, so you can still root...

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Lastly, when I have time, I will be releasing a version that is already debloated...

Download v30b_update.zip
SHA1: 4ae9338b9301f4b56437ec761b678c8706c90bc7

If you want the FULL Nougat experience -- that is ALL of the v30b firmware except the stock recovery (we don't want to lose TWRP do we?), then flash this as well.
If you flash this, then you might as well delete all of your MM backups that you made with TWRP because you can no longer restore to MM using your backups (you can flash back to MM -- just not with the backups).
If you choose to ignore this, and decide to restore a MM backup, you will brick your phone.

Download full_nougat.zip
SHA1: b1ac20a6eaccf2dfbd22c09886ddcd03ab638ec3

Known working (tested by me) SU binary: download SuperSU 2.82.
SHA1: d980effb25a8f23bc944d6b1015923f310038031

It has also been confirmed by multiple users that Magisk 12+ works, but I have not confirmed that myself.

This will not wipe ANY of your data / apps / or anything else you may have on your phone. That is why it is an UPGRADE and not a CLEAN install

If you want to do a clean install, just do a full wipe, and then flash.

If you downloaded any of my failed attempts (really -- a typo in a ui_print line?!?!?), and don't want to download the whole zip again, you can download this zip. It is the META-INF directory. You will need to unzip the broken v30b_update.zip, and then extract this over top of the META-INF dir, and then zip it back up.
Make sure you use recursion, and make sure you unzip it on TOP of the META-INF dir, not inside it -- or you will end up with META-INF/META-INF/com/google/android. Won't break your phone, but won't flash either.

-- Brian
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to runningnak3d For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2017, 09:04 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Thank you so much man you just made my day...
it will be nice if you can share the recommended SU zip...
19th July 2017, 09:25 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Largo

Donate to Me
More
Any of the current SUs will work. I am using SuperSU 2.82 (hell, there may be a newer version, but it works, so I don't bother), but I know that Magisk will work as well.

-- Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to runningnak3d For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2017, 09:49 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
seems that my TWRP has a problem

during update it says "could not find 'META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary' in the zip file"

any help :/?
19th July 2017, 10:15 PM |#5  

More
having the same problem too bad for me !!

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Just opened the zip file and notices META-INF folder is empty there are suppose to be some files in there which helps flash a file...
19th July 2017, 10:16 PM |#6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Largo

Donate to Me
More
Weird. I just unzipped it, and it is there. I grabbed the update-binary from one of my LG G4 trees. It shouldn't matter, but I will replace the update-binary, and re-upload.

Sorry about that guys. Unfortunately I can't test this, well I could, but I really don't want to debloat my phone again

It is a SUPER simple script though...

-- Brian
19th July 2017, 10:20 PM |#7  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Largo

Donate to Me
More
Well THERES the problem. I uploaded the bad copy. I zipped without recursion the first time. Thought I nuked that copy. I am uploading the proper version now -- ya know -- with an ACTUAL META-INF dir

-- Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to runningnak3d For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2017, 10:22 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyTox

seems that my TWRP has a problem

during update it says "could not find 'META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary' in the zip file"

any help :/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningnak3d

Weird. I just unzipped it, and it is there. I grabbed the update-binary from one of my LG G4 trees. It shouldn't matter, but I will replace the update-binary, and re-upload.

Sorry about that guys. Unfortunately I can't test this, well I could, but I really don't want to debloat my phone again

It is a SUPER simple script though...

-- Brian

if you can only share meta-inf folder, I think it will work if you just copy files into the zip. that'll be awesome!!
The Following User Says Thank You to zeexhan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zeexhan Ad-Free
19th July 2017, 10:38 PM |#9  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Largo

Donate to Me
More
OK -- I replaced the update.zip with the proper version, and I added the META-INF zip if you downloaded the bad one and don't want to redownload the whole thing.

-- Brian
19th July 2017, 11:08 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thanks a ton for the work you do helping keep this device alive.

I couldn't wait so I went ahead and unzipped the original update.zip and did the other method of pushing the three images via adb, and it works perfectly! thanks a lot again!
19th July 2017, 11:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
idk
i'm getting an error 6 when trying to flash. i did some research and they say it may be a line of code written somewhere wrong.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)