[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Oreo 8.1] CypherOS 6.0.0 [h901] 5/6/2018

Search This thread

johngalt1

Jan 23, 2016
This has reached a point that those who don't depend BT calling may be able to use it as a daily driver. Just be sure to backup first!

The flashing on first boot during setup may cause issues for those with epilepsy. This is due to how to disable the second screen.

Working:

Not working and issues:
  • Screen glitches on first boot. Reboot and will be good after (part of hack to disable 2nd screen)
  • Tap to wake
  • Flashlight tile: install flashlight tile for kenzo in play store with root to workaround.
  • Slight animation glitch when switching activities due to second screen hack.
  • BT issues above, and doesn't work in call.
  • If you use camera immediately after turning on, it may not work. You must wait about a minute after powering for it to work (it will always work after).
  • Probably more.

TODO
  • BT fixes
  • Tap to wake
  • flashlight tile
  • get a proper 2nd screen fix like v20 working without additional issues. v20 dtsi hack doesn't work for us due to dual panel depending on partial update (most likely).

Repos (kernel is lineage-15.1 branch):
Kernel
v10-common
h901

blobs

Changes from AOSCP
  • Using Ruthless launcher instead of Luna
  • Two reverts to support substratum themes in addition to CypherOS' color manager.

Use opengapps for gapps, magisk for superuser (may have issues with modules).

Download

Buy me a beer with Bitcoin: 1h9o1Ei9thLd8JKRz3z7PUGhX6dtfnktY

Last edited:

johngalt1

Jan 23, 2016
Bugs with workarounds:

Wifi doesn't connect and MAC address is all zeroes (only some users):
This is a misc partition that has MAC address hardcoded to a randomly generated address. This should work permanently on any device with the issue so long as two aren't on the same network. If anyone would like instructions on how to modify with a new MAC address, let me know.

Image https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818222786056033811

Instructions:
Place on /sdcard
Reboot to recovery (for advanced reboot in CypherOS hold reboot button for full menu)
From twrp terminal or adb shell, run: dd if=/sdcard/misc.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc
Reboot and enjoy fixed wifi

No charging indicator (but still charges):
Boot device plugged into power or USB and the indicator will work the entire power cycle. Working on a fix but not as trivial as I'd hoped.

Bootloop bug:
I recently got hit by the infinite bootloop bug, with the only workaround of disabling the big cluster. Here's a modified TWRP that only uses the little cluster (used Eliminator74's image):
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818222786056035329

And here's a little cluster only boot image from the titan kernel (our CAF kernel has msm_thermal issues with booting with disabled big cores, needs modifications):
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=674106145207491774

Last edited:

johngalt1

Jan 23, 2016
Recently bluetooth was broken, and I need to debug further. In addition, the future builds (not yet posted) will be using the "lineage-15.1" branch of the kernel. I had based the kernel for this rom off the g4 cypheros kernel, but that Titan kernel is very buggy and has far worse performance (jittery mess compared to los 14.1, realized it's kernel not rom). The kernel also had very bad data corruption issues (also documented on g4).

Last edited:
Reactions: Double0EK

johngalt1

Jan 23, 2016
Just uploaded a new build. This is using the lineage-15 kernel branch on my github, which has CAF merged in and is buttery smooth compared to the Titan kernel :).

BT is now back to the g4 state at least (fixed for music, still has some issues), and incall mic is now working correctly (updated mixer_paths.xml).

For me this is a daily driver now, but I also don't need fingerprint, nfc, or some other functionality that is no doubt broken (not sure yet due to minimal testing). Enjoy!

PS: due to all lg v10 now being unlockable, I'll be doing some test builds for the other variants in the next few days..

JuSkoch

Aug 19, 2016
OnePlus 8T
Downloaded the rom on my H901 and flashed it. It seems to work okay, there were some screen issues during the initial setup. The rom seems nice but with some issues (like the ones mentioned above - missing second screen, etc). The screen is shifted down so I can barely see the navigation bar. If ya need some testing of some options, settings, etc - let me know.

Reactions: johngalt1

johngalt1

Jan 23, 2016
Downloaded the rom on my H901 and flashed it. It seems to work okay, there were some screen issues during the initial setup. The rom seems nice but with some issues (like the ones mentioned above - missing second screen, etc). The screen is shifted down so I can barely see the navigation bar. If ya need some testing of some options, settings, etc - let me know.
Thank you! It looks like I messed up the init script in that build that's supposed to adjust the screen accordingly. Using adb, run the following (it's only needed once):
adb shell wm size 1440x2560

Last edited:

JuSkoch

Aug 19, 2016
OnePlus 8T
Thank you! It looks like I messed up the init script in that build that's supposed to adjust the screen accordingly. Using adb, run the following (it's only needed once):
adb shell wm size 1440x2560

Thanks!. the screen now fits. However, I did seem to find another issue. Not sure why, but when I try to tap on the navbar buttons, only the upper half of that area works and the bottom half doesn't. Same thing happens with the statusbar. I think changing the screen size (or whatever else it could be) is making it so that the touch area is also reduced. I tried restarting it, but it still does it. Still usable but then that means i have to pay attention when I tap on the home button.

johngalt1

Jan 23, 2016
Thanks!. the screen now fits. However, I did seem to find another issue. Not sure why, but when I try to tap on the navbar buttons, only the upper half of that area works and the bottom half doesn't. Same thing happens with the statusbar. I think changing the screen size (or whatever else it could be) is making it so that the touch area is also reduced. I tried restarting it, but it still does it. Still usable but then that means i have to pay attention when I tap on the home button.
Thank you for bringing this up. I had forgotten and got used to it early on. I'll fix this today.

johngalt1

Jan 23, 2016
Just uploaded a new build. Changes:
  • Tweaked touch offset
  • Synced CypherOS to 6.0.0 (fixes navbar on first boot and removes some features)
  • Fixed init script to set display res (part of the second screen disable hack)
  • Updated Ruthless Launcher

Last edited:

amoot329

Dec 23, 2012
Will give this a try with my V10 since I don't use it as a daily driver, can play around with it. Shame they couldn't get the 2nd running properly but no biggie. Also what firmware is recommended for this? Here is a pic of the current software/firmware it has

Edit: sorry about the pic, shows up portrait in my gallery but landscape on here

Update: after wiping in TWRP (v 3.0.2-0), install gave me an error 7

"E3004: This package is for device: pplus, v10,h901; this device is. "

Sent from my LG-H918 using XDA Labs

Attachments

• 20180422_040328.jpg
    20180422_040328.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:

johngalt1

Jan 23, 2016
Will give this a try with my V10 since I don't use it as a daily driver, can play around with it. Shame they couldn't get the 2nd running properly but no biggie. Also what firmware is recommended for this? Here is a pic of the current software/firmware it has

Edit: sorry about the pic, shows up portrait in my gallery but landscape on here

Update: after wiping in TWRP (v 3.0.2-0), install gave me an error 7

"E3004: This package is for device: pplus, v10,h901; this device is. "
Second screen is in the works for lineage on the v20, which we'll be able to use when it's ready ?.

Try twrp 3.2.1 https://xdaforums.com/tmobile-lg-v10/development/twrp-3-2-1-h901-t3765971

Reactions: amoot329

amoot329

Dec 23, 2012
Much thanks. Will give it a try and see.

Update: bingo, that did the trick ?

Probably sticking with stock rom on my v20. I rely on the Google certification for Netflix and my banking. Only have it rooted with magisk and no modules downloaded, passes safety net.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

As previous poster mentioned, the navbar buttons only register the top half, bottom half has no reaction. During setup, popped up with wrong vendor image. I ignored the message, continued with setup. Lots of flashing graphical glitches and static screen. Using ruthless launcher, will test some more out

Last edited:

johngalt1

Jan 23, 2016
Much thanks. Will give it a try and see.

Update: bingo, that did the trick ?

Probably sticking with stock rom on my v20. I rely on the Google certification for Netflix and my banking. Only have it rooted with magisk and no modules downloaded, passes safety net.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

As previous poster mentioned, the navbar buttons only register the top half, bottom half has no reaction. During setup, popped up with wrong vendor image. I ignored the message, continued with setup. Lots of flashing graphical glitches and static screen. Using ruthless launcher, will test some more out
The navbar button one is weird and not as trivial as I'd hoped (but an issue with the 2nd screen hack). Regarding the glitches they shouldn't appear after the first reboot (in issues in OP).

Reactions: amoot329

amoot329

Dec 23, 2012
May be all related to the whole screen aspect, when I try to swipe down the notifications bar, have to start the swipe gesture almost halfway down the status bar. With stock rom, youre usually able to start your swipe down gesture from the 2nd screen area.

johngalt1

Jan 23, 2016
May be all related to the whole screen aspect, when I try to swipe down the notifications bar, have to start the swipe gesture almost halfway down the status bar. With stock rom, youre usually able to start your swipe down gesture from the 2nd screen area.
It is. The touchscreen is disabled in the second screen portion of the display. The v20 style disable hack doesn't work for our panels, but they also disable the touchscreen in the second screen.

For that functionality, the best hope we have is the work into lineage second screen work being done for v20 which we'll be able to use.

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Wow, this is a giant step for us H901 users!
Going to DL and test.
Am I able to revert back to my current ROM after testing this?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

johngalt1

Jan 23, 2016
Wow, this is a giant step for us H901 users!
Going to DL and test.
Am I able to revert back to my current ROM after testing this?
Yes, be sure to fully backup in TWRP prior to flashing, and then you'll be able to restore if the current issues are too great for you. You'll even be able to backup this ROM after flashing and setting up to switch between them as v10 issues are tackled.

On another note, I think I may have finally found the issue with the touchscreen offset (bottom half of navbar not working) I'll be testing today.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This has reached a point that those who don't depend BT calling may be able to use it as a daily driver. Just be sure to backup first!

The flashing on first boot during setup may cause issues for those with epilepsy. This is due to how to disable the second screen.

Working:

Not working and issues:
    • Screen glitches on first boot. Reboot and will be good after (part of hack to disable 2nd screen)
    • Tap to wake
    • Flashlight tile: install flashlight tile for kenzo in play store with root to workaround.
    • Slight animation glitch when switching activities due to second screen hack.
    • BT issues above, and doesn't work in call.
    • If you use camera immediately after turning on, it may not work. You must wait about a minute after powering for it to work (it will always work after).
    • Probably more.

TODO
    • BT fixes
    • Tap to wake
    • flashlight tile
    • get a proper 2nd screen fix like v20 working without additional issues. v20 dtsi hack doesn't work for us due to dual panel depending on partial update (most likely).

Repos (kernel is lineage-15.1 branch):
    Kernel
    v10-common
    h901

blobs

Changes from AOSCP
    • Using Ruthless launcher instead of Luna
    • Two reverts to support substratum themes in addition to CypherOS' color manager.

Use opengapps for gapps, magisk for superuser (may have issues with modules).

Download

Buy me a beer with Bitcoin: 1h9o1Ei9thLd8JKRz3z7PUGhX6dtfnktY
    New build uploaded in OP. Fingerprint is now working ???.

Changes:
    - Working fingerprint.
    - Ruthless launcher updated. You will lose layout, but now have the ability to install any pixel launcher alongside.
    - Using Titan kernel by kessaras now. This isn't quite as buttery smooth, but battery life is significantly improved.
    - Audio changes reverted from test build (still working on them in audio-rework branches)
    - Synced with upstream CypherOS (new security patch).

The G4 guys are also hard at work on the Bluetooth calling issue.
    New build uploaded. Changes:
    - finally including kernel updated to 3.10.104.
    - New wifi configs (supports bonding properly now).
    - BT enhanced sync disabled.
    - Cleaned up an init script based on Nexus 5x. Slightly more conservative interactive values and should no longer set background android tasks to big cluster. Also dropped default gpu clock from 300mhz to 180mhz like on bullhead. It still scales quickly and no real usability jitters from my testing.
    - Synced with upstream CypherOS.
    New build uploaded. Changes:
    - Synced with upstream CypherOS.
    - Added DRM HIDL
    - Continuous TRIM enabled
    - Kernel: Updated to 3.10.104 so far
    - Kernel: Cpu-boost changes, better with big cores.
    No, the glitches were pretty stubborn. I just skipped out of the first time activation and then did it from inside Google play store.
    I haven't been able to do much testing recently, for some reason my V10 gave up on the rom and each flash ends with my phone booting into recovery. (90% sure it's not your rom, but my V10)

Okay. From my testing, those black bar glitches go away after the first reboot. But I'd like to know if they persist for anyone after. I use this as a DD, and haven't had any of them come back.

For LG devices that bootloop to recovery, run the following from twrp (either adb shell or twrp terminal):
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc bs=256 count=1 conv=notrunc