Rooted/unlocked Bootloader + Bootloop = T-Mobile warranty???

Search This thread

CLKeenan

May 2, 2012
Got hit with the dreaded bootloop this morning. Currently rooted+unlocked bootloader so the yellow 'your android os may be corrupted' triangle shows when restarting. Will that affect my warranty situation? Guessing yes, so has anyone been able to unroot while the bootloop is happening?

Fenopy

Jun 11, 2008
Amazon Fire
OnePlus 6T
Got hit with the dreaded bootloop this morning. Currently rooted+unlocked bootloader so the yellow 'your android os may be corrupted' triangle shows when restarting. Will that affect my warranty situation? Guessing yes, so has anyone been able to unroot while the bootloop is happening?

I guess I would try to get rid of that....
You can check out my topic here- Random (Hard?) Brick

Can you get into Download Mode? Recovery? Anything?
You should be able to get into USB-Download Mode by pulling the battery, putting it back in, hold down Vol-Up, and connecting your phone via USB to your PC.
If you are able to get in there, I guess I would try doing an update via LG Bridge. That put my phone 'back to normal' (except still bootlooping). I was then able to get into Fastboot as well and relock the bootloader.

TheFuzz

Feb 28, 2006
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Results May Vary

I wanted to bump this thread as I just went through the same issue with my phone in the same state.

My local T-mobile store got on the phone with support to confirm there was no fix and they (T-mobile) employee saw the corrupt screen and she read what the screen said to tech support, no one had an issue, they simply warranteed the phone and I paid nothing.

Not saying this will be typical but for me, it was very easy.

zinkscott

Nov 28, 2012

I had an issue where my phones charging port died. I went in with the "Corrupted OS" screen and they took it. Lady even looked at that screen for the entirety of it showing. Good luck though

Sippi4x4man

May 25, 2010

I had the exact same thing happen to me while I was out of town for work. When I got back to my hotel, I kept trying to flash the stock KDZ using LGUP over and over and it would not work. I went to my local T-Mobile store once I got back home and filed a warranty claim and had a new V10 within 2 days.

You could always remove your SD card, put the phone in fastboot mode and re-lock the bootloader to remove that warning before you return it.