T-Mobile HTC One M9 Not Receiving Nougat OTA. Unable to flash Nougat RUU as well

Search This thread

m_abbas25

Feb 19, 2016
Ok. I was able to get back to 3.39.531.41 by getting the 0PJAIMG from AndroidFileHost.

After that, I went to Recovery Mode (using pwr + vol up after seeing the red triangle), chose Apply Update from SDCard, selected the OTA file for 4.27.531.6. This time It didn't give any error, at the end it appeared to get stuck for a long time at the line Script Succeeded Result was [/preload]. After about an hour, I turned off the phone and on again, now it is stuck at HTC logo splash screen.

Questions here:
1. Was the phone really stuck at the "script succeeded" line?
2. Didn't I wait long enough?
3. What should I have done at that time when it stopped at that "script succeeded" line?
4. What should I do at this splash screen? It has been like that for the last 10 minutes

Thanks
Okay did you try running RUU of nougat?
If not run it.
Try running it 2 3 times.
If you get signature error than go for RUU of marshmallow i will post it in a while

Well how you manage to get back recovery?

About questions well you didn't did any wrong these things happen sometime.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Ruu of 3.39.531.41

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4pyjIBAdMcNR3BmZXhuRkdsSnc/view?usp=drivesdk

vbcomer

Dec 11, 2012
Okay did you try running RUU of nougat?
If not run it.
Try running it 2 3 times.
If you get signature error than go for RUU of marshmallow i will post it in a while

Well how you manage to get back recovery?

About questions well you didn't did any wrong these things happen sometime.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Ruu of 3.39.531.41

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4pyjIBAdMcNR3BmZXhuRkdsSnc/view?usp=drivesdk

After getting back to 531.41, I didn't try RUU of Nougat. The only one I have is from htc, it is an exe and I will try shortly. Previously, I mean before trying the Nougat OTA, I did try Nougat RUU, but it kept saying error 70 for USB connection. This is a different PC (I can't go back to the other PC since it is far away from where I am now). The phone was recognized by the PC, HTC Sync Manager saw it and the phone said it was connected to PC, but running the Nougat RUU kept saying USB connection error. I will try again though..

I got back to Recovery from the splash screen by Vol Up + Vol Down + Power. Then from there I reapplied the 531.41 0PJAIMG. The phone is back to normal and I will try Nougat RUU now.

Am I doing it correctly? I connect the phone to pc via USB cable, then run the RUU exe.

Thanks

m_abbas25

Feb 19, 2016
After getting back to 531.41, I didn't try RUU of Nougat. The only one I have is from htc, it is an exe and I will try shortly. Previously, I mean before trying the Nougat OTA, I did try Nougat RUU, but it kept saying error 70 for USB connection. This is a different PC (I can't go back to the other PC since it is far away from where I am now). The phone was recognized by the PC, HTC Sync Manager saw it and the phone said it was connected to PC, but running the Nougat RUU kept saying USB connection error. I will try again though..

I got back to Recovery from the splash screen by Vol Up + Vol Down + Power. Then from there I reapplied the 531.41 0PJAIMG. The phone is back to normal and I will try Nougat RUU now.

Am I doing it correctly? I connect the phone to pc via USB cable, then run the RUU exe.

Thanks
Yeah all correct but if you run RUU of nougat on any of marshmallow version you will get signature error. Thats what i got when i tried. So only way for me to update was using OTA adb method. Well good luck.

vbcomer

Dec 11, 2012
Yeah all correct but if you run RUU of nougat on any of marshmallow version you will get signature error. Thats what i got when i tried. So only way for me to update was using OTA adb method. Well good luck.

I just tried Nougat RUU, same thing: Error 132, Signature error.

If you can post the Marshmallow RUU, I would appreciate it. In the mean time, I will setup ADB on this machine to try your side load method.

Thank you

m_abbas25

Feb 19, 2016

If you can post the Marshmallow RUU, I would appreciate it. In the mean time, I will setup ADB on this machine to try your side load method.

Thank you
you are on marshmallow 3.39.531.41 thats marsmallow version. 4.xx.xxx.xx thats code for nougat. So try side loading. Be patient it will take alot of time atleast an half an hour to do.

Reactions: vbcomer

vbcomer

Dec 11, 2012
you are on marshmallow 3.39.531.41 thats marsmallow version. 4.xx.xxx.xx thats code for nougat. So try side loading. Be patient it will take alot of time atleast an half an hour to do.

Success!!!

I was able to upgrade the demo set from Marshmallow to Nougat using the OTA file mentioned earlier and your sideload method. It appears that adb sideload is the only way to update a demo phone to Nougat. Shame on HTC for making it such a pain.

Thanks a lot for your advices and valuable information! I wouldn't be able to do this without your helps! I am very happy now.

Best regards

Reactions: m_abbas25

eddie85u

Mar 27, 2012
Bogotham
Hi all,

I have a T-mobile M9 that I managed to update to 3.39.531.41 after a long and painful weekend.

I'm now trying to update from 3.39.531.41 to 4.27.531.6 with RUU but I get the "132 signature error". The bootloader is currently unlocked, I'm S-ON and I haven't installed any firmware, only the RUU called "RUU_HIMA_UL_M60_SENSE70_TMUS_MR_TMOUS_3.39.531.41.exe" (which I noticed removed TWRP and left me with stock recovery of red triangle, I believe it also removed root)

C:\Users\Eddie\Downloads>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) kernel: lk
(bootloader) product: htc_himaul
(bootloader) version: 1.0
(bootloader) imei: (erased for security purposes)
(bootloader) version-main: 3.39.531.41
(bootloader) boot-mode: RUU
(bootloader) version-baseband: 01.01_U11440801_97.04.60111G_F
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.0.0.0000
(bootloader) mid: 0PJA12000
(bootloader) cid: T-MOB010
all:
finished. total time: 0.008s

After reading many threads it seems that I can only get to 4.27.531.6 by sideloading the OTA, but I haven't been able to find a working link, can anyone please help me upload the OTA to go from 3.39.531.41 to 4.27.531.6?

Also, do I need to make any changes to the bootloader (lock using "fastboot oem lock" maybe?) the recovery or even root?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK,
    I found the 0PJAIMG.zip for version 3.39.531.7 in this forum "https://xdaforums.com/tmobile-one-m9/general/please-read-rooting-using-twrp-t3069022"
    I put that on my SD card and was able to update the phone from Lollipop to Marshmallow.

However, after that update, the phone still won't update from Marshmallow to Nougat using the file RUU_HIMA_UL_N70_SENSE80_TMUS_MR_TMOUS_4.27.531.6 downloaded from htc website nor the OTA.zip downloaded from this thread. The phone keeps having the same Error [132] Signature Error. Or it won't go into the Recovery mode to do sideload of the OTA.zip. If the original Recovery file (from Lollipop) was bad/corrupt, wouldn't the Marshmallow update correct/fix that file?

So, do we have any other idea to upgrade the phone from Android 6.0 to 7.0? Does anyone have a 0PJAIMG.zip for 7.0?

Thanks
    In order to OTA to work which is in this forum you have to be in 3.39.531.41 first find RUU of this version run it then go for OTA.

Noted that you wont be able to update from marshmallow to nougat using RUU you have to use OTA but for that you must be in version 3.39.531.41 .
    I updated to version 3.39.531.41 but I am still unable to get to Recovery mode on my phone. It keeps showing the red triangle with exclamation mark.

So, is that correct that I am now having two choices (besides obviously stay with Marshmallow)

1. Need to somehow fix the recovery mode on the phone? It is a demo unit so I don't know if that has anything with the recovery not working

2. Try to download the 0PJAIMG for 4.27 (Nougat) and install from sd card. I did find the file from AndroidFileHost website, but the phone gave error when it tried to load the zip file from download mode:
    12 RU_ZIP_ERROR
    FAIL 12 RU_ZIP_ERROR

Do you have a reliable source for the OPJAIMG file for Nougat?

I did a research on the 12 RU_ZIP_ERROR and found an instruction for AT&T from developer Blueberry who suggested "If you're on Marshmallow base, first of all you need to upgrade your firmware and then flash this 0PJAIMG zip file via download mode in otherwise you'll be getting "12 RU_ZIP ERROR" during the flash process. No Wipe Firmware Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120692233"

The above was for AT&T but I found the no_wipe zip for TMobile, however, I don't know how to upgrade the firmware on my phone using one of these files

the firmware no_wipe files are here:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=134381

The file I downloaded is "firmware_tmous_4.27.531.6_NoWipe.zip", but like I said above, I don't know how to update the firmware.... Can someone give me some directions?

Update: I renamed the file "firmware_tmous_4.27.531.6_NoWipe.zip" to "0PJAIMG.zip" and tried to update from download mode, but the phone gave error: 8 RU_SIGNATURE_FAIL.

Another research indicated that since the phone is S-ON and Locked, these firmware wouldn't install because they were not signed. Where can I find signed firmware for this phone?

Thanks

I don't know much now but we can try RUU of 3.39.531.41. It should solve your recovery. But the question is where you can download that?? Try finding a link mean while i am uploading it to my google drive then i will share link. Since i am in third world country it will take time. I will update you as soon as it is uploaded
    I updated to version 3.39.531.41 but I am still unable to get to Recovery mode on my phone. It keeps showing the red triangle with exclamation mark.

So, is that correct that I am now having two choices (besides obviously stay with Marshmallow)

1. Need to somehow fix the recovery mode on the phone? It is a demo unit so I don't know if that has anything with the recovery not working

Thanks

To continue on to recovery mode, try this:
    " If a device with a red triangle and exclamation point appears, Hold Power while pressing and releasing Volume Up to continue."

As for the 3.39.531.41 RUU, put the zip from this link into your external SD then boot into fastboot/download mode. From that point on the phone should automatically recognize the .zip and install from there.
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24438995911969398,

Thank you

Success!!!

I was able to upgrade the demo set from Marshmallow to Nougat using the OTA file mentioned earlier and your sideload method. It appears that adb sideload is the only way to update a demo phone to Nougat. Shame on HTC for making it such a pain.

Thanks a lot for your advices and valuable information! I wouldn't be able to do this without your helps! I am very happy now.

Best regards