FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Converting an ATT S7 Edge to Tmobile firmware

128 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By snobrdr2324, Senior Member on 28th April 2016, 08:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey everyone,

I have an ATT S7 Edge and was looking to switch to Tmobile. My S7E is unlocked with a Prepaid Tmobile sim in it now and all is working well (even VoLTE which I was shocked about). I'd like to have Tmobile software for wifi calling if it is at all possible. It seems as if VoLTE compatible so I figured the hardware was the same, just different software/basebands. I know Samsung is a nightmare with their carrier versions/locked bootloaders so I assume the chances of this being possible is unlikely, but I figured I should at least ask.
28th April 2016, 08:56 PM |#2  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 557

More
You won't be able to flash TMo firmware on your AT&T phone. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to darkjedi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darkjedi Ad-Free
28th April 2016, 09:17 PM |#3  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Detroit, Mi
Thanks Meter: 1,672

More
Well.. he could at least try to flash the T-Mobile US firmware... worse it could do is fail to install, right?
28th April 2016, 09:58 PM |#4  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary100100

Well.. he could at least try to flash the T-Mobile US firmware... worse it could do is fail to install, right?

I think worst case scenario is he bricks his phone.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Japultra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Japultra Ad-Free
2nd May 2016, 06:08 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,387

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdr2324

Hey everyone,

I have an ATT S7 Edge and was looking to switch to Tmobile. My S7E is unlocked with a Prepaid Tmobile sim in it now and all is working well (even VoLTE which I was shocked about). I'd like to have Tmobile software for wifi calling if it is at all possible. It seems as if VoLTE compatible so I figured the hardware was the same, just different software/basebands. I know Samsung is a nightmare with their carrier versions/locked bootloaders so I assume the chances of this being possible is unlikely, but I figured I should at least ask.

What color is it? I'm might be down to swap send me a pm.

Sent from my SM-G935T using XDA-Developers mobile app
4th June 2016, 04:35 AM |#7  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 17

More
i feel the same way except i have a unlocked verizon s7e, but it doesn't feel the same as the t-mobile one.
5th June 2016, 04:03 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,387

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerEvoDrifter

i feel the same way except i have a unlocked verizon s7e, but it doesn't feel the same as the t-mobile one.

A Verizon s7e is not the same and will not work properly on tmobile service.

Sent from my SM-G935T using XDA-Developers mobile app
6th July 2016, 06:02 PM |#9  
Flag 南宁
Thanks Meter: 1

More
DO NOT do that.If you do so then you can flash your framework back to ATT. I flashed my g935p with g935t framework afterward I can't go back to Sprint framework.
7th July 2016, 05:38 PM |#10  
Flag Myrtle Beach
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
I'm trying to convert my T-Mobile to AT&T because volte isn't working right now. Did you have any luck going from ATT to Tmo?
15th August 2017, 04:36 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
convert tmo to at&t
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskln

I'm trying to convert my T-Mobile to AT&T because volte isn't working right now. Did you have any luck going from ATT to Tmo?

Were you able to figure this out? I read SOMEWHERE that it's definitely doable but now I can't find the post with instructions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t, att

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)