FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Overheating during video and camera use.

130 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By Kingaries79, Senior Member on 11th February 2017, 12:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Last night I was at a wwe nxt house show. When trying to record videos my phone would heat up and the video would stop. Telling me my phone is heating up. Mind you this happened about 5 mins after recording. Shortly after the camera would shut down completely. Is there a way to stop this? Kinda like to record more than 2 mins of video. I usually have the camera set 1080P God
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingaries79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kingaries79 Ad-Free

12th February 2017, 05:38 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
My phone likes to do this crap randomly too. My phone will tell me it's too hot to use my Gear VR after sitting idol for 20 plus min. I miss my Note 4 so bad. I can't even download a torrent without my phone not wanting to wake up and unlock, sometimes it randomly shuts down if it's under any kind of stress.
12th February 2017, 01:27 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkhell

My phone likes to do this crap randomly too. My phone will tell me it's too hot to use my Gear VR after sitting idol for 20 plus min. I miss my Note 4 so bad. I can't even download a torrent without my phone not wanting to wake up and unlock, sometimes it randomly shuts down if it's under any kind of stress.

It's a bunch of bs. Companies should really do more testing and not worry about rushing a yearly release.
12th February 2017, 06:07 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Mine over heats to like 94 whike streaming video from kodi.

I agree it suck and more testing should be done. I guess we shouldnt expect this from the S8 or + since the allegedly undergo further testing now after the note. We'll see.
12th February 2017, 07:10 PM |#5  

More
I guess they think if it doesn't explode it's not too bad lol.
13th February 2017, 01:05 AM |#6  
Flag Boynton Beach
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkhell

What I usually do is I put it under a cold water running sink and that usually cools the phone off really well it sucks that I have to do that though, but it's a quick solution for the time being.

Sent from my SM-G935T using XDA-Developers Legacy app
17th February 2017, 07:01 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1blue

What I usually do is I put it under a cold water running sink and that usually cools the phone off really well it sucks that I have to do that though, but it's a quick solution for the time being.

Sent from my SM-G935T using XDA-Developers Legacy app

That is absolutely terrible and not acceptable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkhell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hawkhell Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)