FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Will an S7 Edge (T-Mobile) work on Verizon?

194 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By bounddyy, Senior Member on 17th February 2017, 02:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all,

I want to switch to Verizon but I don't have a verizon sim to test my phone, I just got it unlocked through the unlock app. I've also read this post,

https://forum.xda-developers.com/tmo...twork-t3399618

but there is no confirmation if he found a solution.

any feed back would help.

17th February 2017, 05:19 AM |#2  
Flag CDMX
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Well i live in Mexico, but i own a galaxy s7 edge from tmobile and to try nougat i installed first the Verizon version, and it work well, the only issue was to setting the data configuration, now i use the At&t nougat and everything still even more perfect (the verizon nougat have a lot of little bugs)
17th February 2017, 07:17 AM |#3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounddyy

Hello all,

I want to switch to Verizon but I don't have a verizon sim to test my phone, I just got it unlocked through the unlock app. I've also read this post,

Using a Tmobile S7 Edge going to Verizon won't work cause of a few reasons.

1. TMOBILE S7 and S7 edge are not built for CDMA networks that uses certain bands and network. Along with the security of CDMA networks.
2. There is no band 13 on tmobiles S7 and S7 Edge. Even you were to unlock it.

But going from CDMA to GSM most phones work due most of the hardware and software is already built in the phone.

Sent from my SM-G935T using XDA-Developers Legacy app
21st February 2017, 05:20 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I can confirm this. Yes, your unlocked T-mobile S7/Edge will work with Verizon network if you flash the U firmware. I'm currently using my unlocked T-mobile S7 Edge with the U-firmware on the Verizon network. Voice, text, data work fine. No issues for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounddyy

Hello all,

The Following User Says Thank You to lubu81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lubu81 Ad-Free
21st February 2017, 07:07 PM |#5  
You can flash the stock Tmobile ROM or the U firmware. The only reason I got a new S7 when I jumped from big red was I had a huge scratch on my screen. I was running the U firmware when I went into tmobile and used the girls sim card from her phone to prove I could do it...

Sent from my SM-G935T using XDA Premium HD app
23rd February 2017, 07:14 PM |#6  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Don't know but I am on T-Mobile and I use alot from Verizon thread no issues so far
26th March 2017, 06:28 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
OK, so I have a question. I'm also trying to move from t-mobile to Verizon but I'm trying to keep my same phone. My phone is already paid off and i currently running t-mobile's SM-G935U over SM-G935T. But a couple of days ago i asked a friend to let me barrow his verizon sim card to test it out. But received a message saying "Invalid sim Card" "network locked SIM card inserted." Did i messed up something during the installation of the SM-G935U?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170324-130320[1].jpg
Views:	286
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	4088967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170325-222324[1].jpg
Views:	292
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	4088968  
26th March 2017, 03:17 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgtv

OK, so I have a question. I'm also trying to move from t-mobile to Verizon but I'm trying to keep my same phone. My phone is already paid off and i currently running t-mobile's SM-G935U over SM-G935T. But a couple of days ago i asked a friend to let me barrow his verizon sim card to test it out. But received a message saying "Invalid sim Card" "network locked SIM card inserted." Did i messed up something during the installation of the SM-G935U?

You need to UNLOCK your phone. It might be a Tmobile phone and running G935U software...but the sim is still locked to T-Mobile. Here is Tmobile unlock page information. you can request unlock in the T-mobile app or by calling T-Mobile....then it should see the Verizon sim and load up just fine once the phone itself is not locked to T-Mobile only sims. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588

And for anyone else looking at this forum, There is no physical difference in hardware from a SM-G935T phone and a SM-G935U phone. Samsung actually made the hardware the same for all US Variants it is just the software that is different. And not that you would want too but you could load other carriers software on your phone if you wanted too(IE- running Verizon software on a SM-G935T, or ATT or SM-G935U (Stock Samsung Software) The only problem Running SM-G935U is they haven't upgraded the unlocked us phones to 7.0 yet. Where T-Mobile and other carriers already have nougat out.

The SM-G935U software however has all the US and even some Chinese LTE bandwidths enabled, and it also enabled the CDMA bandwidths to be used on the SM-G935 phones...hence why it will work with Verizon, Sprint, and even US Cellular if you can get them to put it on the account.*(I haven't dealt with US Cellular in years and with the new laws on moving phones from carrier to carrier in the US they might not have any issue with Bring your own phone to US Cellular anymore I do not know!)
The Following User Says Thank You to oponewbie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oponewbie Ad-Free
26th April 2018, 07:09 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubu81

I can confirm this. Yes, your unlocked T-mobile S7/Edge will work with Verizon network if you flash the U firmware. I'm currently using my unlocked T-mobile S7 Edge with the U-firmware on the Verizon network. Voice, text, data work fine. No issues for me.

lubu81 is there a step by step process to unlock and setup/flash/install phone completely to be able to use with Verizon?
1st May 2018, 03:59 PM |#10  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Fear the Clown
Flag Lake Ridge, Virginia
Thanks Meter: 3,620

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchavez136

lubu81 is there a step by step process to unlock and setup/flash/install phone completely to be able to use with Verizon?

Had you flash any ROM before via Odin?. If so, you will only need to download the verizon firmware (sammobile.com) and flash those files. if not > Open odin (Attached) load all the files accordingly (AP, BL, CP, CSC) in ODIN> put your phone download mode ( pressing fingerprint button + volume down + power) > connect phone to PC > Once all files are ready in ODIN hit start. You will get the success message and phone will boot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Odin_v3.12.3_Patched.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.11 MB, 174 views)
1st May 2018, 07:06 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clown

Had you flash any ROM before via Odin?. If so, you will only need to download the verizon firmware (sammobile.com) and flash those files. if not > Open odin (Attached) load all the files accordingly (AP, BL, CP, CSC) in ODIN> put your phone download mode ( pressing fingerprint button + volume down + power) > connect phone to PC > Once all files are ready in ODIN hit start. You will get the success message and phone will boot.

Thank you so much,. when i try to load i get the below message

OSM all threads completed (succeed 0/failed 0)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)