FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Possible to downgrade from Nougat?

106 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By CosMiiK, Senior Member on 18th February 2017, 09:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I would love to try out Nougat so I can decide if it's worth it for me to switch from rooted U firmware. But if I decide I would rather have root, I'd like to be able to go back. I figure at this point somebody has tried it.

Edit: Searched a bunch of threads and found 2 people saying they've done it. Good enough proof for me.

19th February 2017, 12:16 AM |#2  
Flag St. Cloud, MN
Thanks Meter: 331

More
I went from U to Tmo Nougat and hated it. It's not as smooth, I lost the built in white pages with spam telemarketer detection and the bloat.... all the bloat that couldn't be removed (thanks to that great pdp license activation not working). I am going to wait for the Nougat U firmware release.
19th February 2017, 12:25 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anactoraaron

I went from U to Tmo Nougat and hated it. It's not as smooth, I lost the built in white pages with spam telemarketer detection and the bloat.... all the bloat that couldn't be removed (thanks to that great pdp license activation not working). I am going to wait for the Nougat U firmware release.

I guess I'll just have to try and see if I like it. The only thing is that I HATE not having root. I preordered my S7E and had to wait months for root, that was actual hell lol.
19th February 2017, 02:16 AM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Bootloader is the same so just Odin flash back to mm
13th August 2017, 12:41 PM |#5  
Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcod3rX

Bootloader is the same so just Odin flash back to mm