FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

World First Galaxy S7 Qualcomm Root

395 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,060

By meraz9000, Senior Member on 10th June 2016, 06:06 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
well here's some proof of concept of my successfully rooted Galaxy S7 Edge. There's still lots of bugs but most root apps work.

Suck it Samsung

No ETA yet..
The Following 97 Users Say Thank You to meraz9000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift meraz9000 Ad-Free

10th June 2016, 06:44 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
This is awesome! The future is looking brighter already.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eminem5055 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eminem5055 Ad-Free
10th June 2016, 07:05 PM |#3  
Flag Boynton Beach
Thanks Meter: 545

More
Hasn't root been out for Exynos versions for a while now? If this is a SD820 version then awesome.
10th June 2016, 07:27 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevessvt

Hasn't root been out for Exynos versions for a while now? If this is a SD820 version then awesome.

SM-G935P...Sprint Qualcomm
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to meraz9000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift meraz9000 Ad-Free
10th June 2016, 08:39 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Wow...this is amazing.....YOU ROCK Sir.....
10th June 2016, 08:53 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
I think you should probably inform people of whether or not this method your working on requires no OTA to have been taken. I know a lot of people have been holding off, and other have been upgrading ASAP
10th June 2016, 10:32 PM |#7  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv1dia

I think you should probably inform people of whether or not this method your working on requires no OTA to have been taken. I know a lot of people have been holding off, and other have been upgrading ASAP

This is true. I literally gave up on hope for root two days ago and took the plunge. Fingers crossed! It's great to know that there are devs that go above and beyond to bring us root!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkFlasher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarkFlasher Ad-Free
11th June 2016, 01:36 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Is this just root or did you actually get the bootloader unlocked? Don't get me wrong, root by itself would be amazing, but I dream of being able to slap an AOSP ROM on this device.
The Following User Says Thank You to rdeets For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rdeets Ad-Free
11th June 2016, 01:44 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
I've been looking to replace my 3 year old, battered, yet trusty and still excellent S4, and the S7 has been the only worthy phone which checks enough boxes in terms of features and physical size, but without root I won't do it. Perhaps Samsung will be getting some business from me after all. Ideally, unlocked bootloader would be the preference, but rooted stock will give me enough of what I need. Any idea if this would work on the standard, non-Edge S7?
11th June 2016, 02:10 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 181

More
F@ck yeah looking great
11th June 2016, 02:18 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Still locked bootloader

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to meraz9000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift meraz9000 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread