OnionRoot for S7/Edge T-Mobile Released. EARLY RELEASE FOR TESTERS!

Search This thread

artistree

Jan 9, 2012
Am I Following You Guys Right? Sounds Awesome

So now let me get this straight ...
1. Flash Eng-Root USA file first via Odin
2. Then Flash S7Root_Unroot_SU_2_79 via Flashfire
3. Flash TMO_VOLTE_ICON_FIX via Flasfire to fix Volte Icon
4. Rooted and running well on my T-Mobile S7 Edge running 7.0 Nougat
...now this seems like a good daily driver, I just want to confirm, this should work right?

Reactions: projanen

Araltd

Jan 30, 2010
USA
So now let me get this straight ...
1. Flash Eng-Root USA file first via Odin
2. Then Flash S7Root_Unroot_SU_2_79 via Flashfire
3. Flash TMO_VOLTE_ICON_FIX via Flasfire to fix Volte Icon
4. Rooted and running well on my T-Mobile S7 Edge running 7.0 Nougat
...now this seems like a good daily driver, I just want to confirm, this should work right?
No. The su279 is a script... Better instructions on here in this thread

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3567502

If you want to root, go to that thread and read the first post.

miniminus

Feb 20, 2012

Xak

Jan 12, 2013
www.TiTechZone.com
Did you flash the Eng Boot.img first? Here is an updated rootzip with SuperSu2.79

S7Root_Unroot_SU_2_79.zip

Can you keep this updated for us USA root users or tell us how so we can do it ourselves whenever su updates thanks

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

No he is not a scammer. The file he provided has Rooted our device on nougat. Do some research before talking ****

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

ive seen same root file before for att s7 edge just labeled different and i believe its impossible to perm root engineer root s7 edge

mkutsen

Sep 10, 2007
Alright. So here it is. OnionRoot. ver 1.0.0

How does it work?
Same as default root with modifications of fixing the lag after you root.
This is early and it takes about a minute after you boot for OnionRoot (app) to fix the lag. DON'T WORRY, I am still trying to find a way to run the onion_root.sh script when the device is booting. It will be updated to fix this but it does what it is so far intended to do, remove lag.

P.S. I am open to ANY suggestions to make this better, we can make this open source too if you'd like :)
(edit) Should I also add a little fix to remove the notification pop up that says : "Security notice" Unauthorized actions have been detected blah blah ?

Thank you.
-SentoDev_ aka silentwind827

Download OnionRoot.rar

Hey have you looked at Quickvick30's root.bat? It seems to accomplish the same thing. Root with no lag.
I am curious what tweaks you are using aside from setting the governor to ONDEMAND?

Perhaps there is a way to test your tweaks as well as Quicvick30's using benchmarking and come up with the optimized version that combines the best of both?

scbcskin

Jan 31, 2017
Oklahoma
Nougat?

How does it work?
This is early and it takes about a minute after you boot for OnionRoot (app) to fix the lag. DON'T WORRY, I am still trying to find a way to run the onion_root.sh script when the device is booting. It will be updated to fix this but it does what it is so far intended to do, remove lag.

Steps?
RECOMMENDED! Restore to stock firmware AP,CP,CSC,BL! Android 6.0.1
1. Put device into download mode
2. Flash Samsung_G935x_QC_Rooted_BOOT with Odin PrinceComsy.exe in AP
3. You device will lag like aids, I know. This is due to the fact that you flashed a version of the boot for samsung engineers. Go to settings and enable developers options and enable USB debuggging. You should know this by now.
4. Open your device. It should be at the homescreen. Now run part1_rooting.bat
5. Your device should be rebooting. After its done, open it and go to the homescreen again and run part2_after_rooted.bat
6. After running part2_after_rooted.bat your device will reboot again. It will install busy box for you and onionroot. Open busybox first and grant SU access. wait for all packages to download and install to /system/xbin
7. Open OnionRoot and tap manually lag out. This will ask you for root access, grant SU access. Tap it again just to be sure it ran the CPU governor script and give it about 30 seconds. Manually lag out doesnt lag your device, I know how it sounds, it actually switches your CPU governor to ondemand in order to make it run better without lagging like crap.

Now you should be good to go! Every time you reboot your device, OnionRoot will take a minute to execute the script to remove lag without having you to do anything! I am working on a MUCH better way of executing the script. I need to find out a way to execute the onion_root.sh script before the device boots up completely. If you have any ideas, let me know! Any suggestions on what to add, I am reading and listening. I am always looking for better ways to improve this root tool and make it fix performance without downloading so many apps and running them to make sure your device runs smoothly and not kill your battery.

P.S. I am open to ANY suggestions to make this better, we can make this open source too if you'd like :)
(edit) Should I also add a little fix to remove the notification pop up that says : "Security notice" Unauthorized actions have been detected blah blah ?

Thank you.

Download OnionRoot.rar

will this work on Nougat or not if so do you have another link as the other seems to be dead?

Reactions: LuRock

SamCro123

Feb 23, 2018
Does this root method work for the sm-g930r6 heroqltelra with qi2 firmware

Does this root method work for the sm-g930r6 heroqltelra with qi2 firmware

Thisis Insane

Jul 14, 2013
Hot Springs Village
WOW. Just wow. There are some real jerks on here. I have never seen this kind of behavior in this site, until this. This is the best example of the worst behavior I have seen on this site. Nice going, with the lack of empathy and understanding. I have heart issues and it's not fun. If all you clowns care about is your damn phones, you need to see a therapist. Nothing like addiction to bring out the hate.
I mean, Seriously?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JustMEJOSE You claimed the same thing on the Note 7 forums and when everyone asked you to release it, you disappeared. People tried to contact you for weeks and you acted like a prick and would not even answer their messages. With that kind of record, Good luck. Only a demented person would believe that you have it and release it. You lie and expect people to not remember? My memory is pretty good and I remember deceiving people very well. How about releasing it and then asking those who benefited to donate instead? That's what a decent person would do.

I didn't ignored i was gone because of my stepfather with his heart issues ..

I know some people are gonna get mad but whatever..

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767141717

Flash at your own risk!

How does it work?

Steps?
    RECOMMENDED! Restore to stock firmware AP,CP,CSC,BL! Android 6.0.1
    1. Put device into download mode
    2. Flash Samsung_G935x_QC_Rooted_BOOT with Odin PrinceComsy.exe in AP
    3. You device will lag like aids, I know. This is due to the fact that you flashed a version of the boot for samsung engineers. Go to settings and enable developers options and enable USB debuggging. You should know this by now.
    4. Open your device. It should be at the homescreen. Now run part1_rooting.bat
    5. Your device should be rebooting. After its done, open it and go to the homescreen again and run part2_after_rooted.bat
    6. After running part2_after_rooted.bat your device will reboot again. It will install busy box for you and onionroot. Open busybox first and grant SU access. wait for all packages to download and install to /system/xbin
    7. Open OnionRoot and tap manually lag out. This will ask you for root access, grant SU access. Tap it again just to be sure it ran the CPU governor script and give it about 30 seconds. Manually lag out doesnt lag your device, I know how it sounds, it actually switches your CPU governor to ondemand in order to make it run better without lagging like crap.

Now you should be good to go! Every time you reboot your device, OnionRoot will take a minute to execute the script to remove lag without having you to do anything! I am working on a MUCH better way of executing the script. I need to find out a way to execute the onion_root.sh script before the device boots up completely. If you have any ideas, let me know! Any suggestions on what to add, I am reading and listening. I am always looking for better ways to improve this root tool and make it fix performance without downloading so many apps and running them to make sure your device runs smoothly and not kill your battery.

Thank you.

Download OnionRoot.rar
    When I try to use this, I still can't get supersu to work, what did you do to get it working ?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Did you flash the Eng Boot.img first? Here is an updated rootzip with SuperSu2.79

S7Root_Unroot_SU_2_79.zip
    Do you flash the volte vmm wifi calling.zip in flashfire?
    Many thanks!
    No Im very sorry that was a mistake

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Do you flash the volte vmm wifi calling.zip in flashfire?
    Many thanks!

Give this a try and see if it gets rid of that stupid icon. Flash with Flashfire
    TMO_VOLTE_ICON_FIX.zip
    Any volunteers????? Not sure I want to flash this file.

Its safe it wont brick your device these files are used for people that unlock devices and gives us temp root to unlock devices since their aint no actual Root for them ... just flash the correct file into your device ... if you encounter other issues just simply flash back stock boot.img and problem solved

Note
    They also work for Verizon,Sprint,ATT