FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

'ko:Invalid cache partition image type: yaffs2 (expected ext4)' error

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By DeathTripp, Junior Member on 31st December 2015, 04:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
I recently started messing around in Android studio, and I wanted to emulate a specific system image;
Specifically, the Android TV version 5.1.1 image for the Razer Forge TV, but I've been having some trouble.

They state the image is available "to restore your Razer Forge TV’s system image or update it."
I would post a link to the image, but I can't because I'm a new poster here.

I simply made an Android TV 5.1.1 avd and placed the system.img file in the folder. When I try to run the avd I get an error:
'ko:Invalid cache partition image type: yaffs2 (expected ext4)'

Why is it a yaffs2 image type? I thought modern android only use the ext4 type?

My main question is how can I fix this error? Do I need to unpack the yaffs2 img and repack as ext4?
Or do I need to start a regular Android TV 5.1.1 avd and then flash the ROM? Is that even possible? I thought android emulated devices were not persistent.

Thanks for the help.
1st February 2016, 04:49 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 553

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathTripp

Hello,
I recently started messing around in Android studio, and I wanted to emulate a specific system image;
Specifically, the Android TV version 5.1.1 image for the Razer Forge TV, but I've been having some trouble.

They state the image is available "to restore your Razer Forge TV’s system image or update it."
I would post a link to the image, but I can't because I'm a new poster here.

I simply made an Android TV 5.1.1 avd and placed the system.img file in the folder. When I try to run the avd I get an error:
'ko:Invalid cache partition image type: yaffs2 (expected ext4)'

Why is it a yaffs2 image type? I thought modern android only use the ext4 type?

My main question is how can I fix this error? Do I need to unpack the yaffs2 img and repack as ext4?
Or do I need to start a regular Android TV 5.1.1 avd and then flash the ROM? Is that even possible? I thought android emulated devices were not persistent.

Thanks for the help.

Were you able to get anywhere looks like you are the only person who is trying to get anything done on forge lol.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)