FORUMS

Seeking Help Trying To Build An App

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By JamaicanGirly, Junior Member on 18th June 2020, 11:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello All-

I hope everyone is well and staying safe. I am interested in building my first app and I have the concept but currently lack the skills needed to build the app. I am hoping one of you will be able to assist.

I have Android Studio that I am working in. I {perhaps not wisely}, started working on the layout and it's basically set.

It is a list and a number of buttons. For the list I used string arrays to give a drop down list. Let's say 2000 to 2020. Based on the year you select, the buttons will display something else. Let's say the buttons are Types of Cars (Honda, Nissan, Mercedes, BMWs). If you select 2002 and choose Nissan, it will display Blue Nissans. If you select 2008 and choose Benz, it will display pink BMWs. All years have their own colors of types of cars waiting to be displayed based on the year you select.

I am wondering if anyone can help me to visualize a type of code for something like this. My buttons are currently listed as ImageButtons and are declared as vals in the Main Activity.

ie:

val year = findViewById<Spinner>(R.id.year)
val carHonda = findViewById<ImageButton>(R.id.carHonda)

I hope I am making sense. I know what I want but not sure how to verbalize it lol.

Please be kind to a newbie - I appreciate you all.

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)