FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Best back end for Android app?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Andend, Junior Member on 5th February 2016, 04:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I appologize if this is a dumb question, but I am new to app development, altough some experienced in php/html.

I want to create an app where user fills in forms. The app development is easy to find info about, but i also want a back end plattform where I read the submitted forms and organize users.

So, my question. Is there a sort of ready wordpress like plattform to customize, or should this be built from scratch? If so, which platform is the best?
The Following User Says Thank You to Andend For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Andend Ad-Free

12th February 2016, 01:24 PM |#2  
Flag palo alto
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I work at Kinvey, a BaaS provider.

You list a number of fundamentally different services, so first to frame the answer you have this choices, ordered by relative position in the stack:

Baas (Kinvey, Parse, Stackmob)
PaaS (Heroku, GAE, Beanstalk, etc)
IaaS (EC2, Rackspace, GCE, etc)

In the direction IaaS->PaaS->BaaS you gain productivty, and in the opposite direction you gain control.
The Following User Says Thank You to logoinnovator For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift logoinnovator Ad-Free
13th March 2016, 01:18 PM |#3  

More
One note I should add about Buddy (full disclosure: I work there) is that we maintain independent instances of the platform in different locations around the world. If you need to host your backend in Europe (for response time or data sovereignty reasons, for example), you can choose your app backend to be sandboxed in the EU. Likewise the US and likewise China (with Brazil, Singapore and Australia coming soon).
The Following User Says Thank You to MihaelYank For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MihaelYank Ad-Free
6th August 2016, 11:18 AM |#4  
Flag Ahmedabad

Donate to Me
More
he best way to develop mobile apps is to use REST services. So now you can choose any thing.
Any language that can used for server side programming can be used.
Now it is up to you choose the language.
If you familiar with JavaScript then you can try nodejs. You can make small app server in it.
But if your server software design is very complex (containing threads and synchronisation) then java can be handy.

But there is no restriction of language.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MageSpider For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MageSpider Ad-Free
16th June 2017, 10:48 AM |#5  
Firebase should be also a way to go for this.
9th August 2017, 04:26 AM |#6  

More
The best android back end services include, Parse, Kumulos, Kinvey, backendless, QuickBlox.
Concerning the forms where users can fill up information, would something like help out?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...solutions.fasp
On Apple's platform you might need an iPhone developer - it is quite possible to create and publish an iPhone app using your form.
I did take the help of mobile apps development service in toronto to know the process which is described here: http://support.brightcove.com/en/app...tore-using-mac
21st August 2017, 07:18 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks Carol for sharing such a wonderful article.
1st November 2017, 09:49 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
"Planet Odoo | About | Odoo Migration, Odoo -Quickbook Integration
Odoo-Ebay Integration takes into consideration the competitive level in business and provides a quick fix implementation for every industry to break through.
3rd November 2017, 01:52 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
I have heard good things about Hasura (Not affiliated in anyway). And I think parse - mentioned above - is no longer available.
10th November 2017, 09:36 PM |#10  

More
I'm wondering why nobody mentioned Google CLoud or AWS. They are most mobile friendly for a good price
28th January 2019, 03:49 PM |#11  
Flag Bologna

More
Hi, if you will decide to build from scratch, there are different options/frameworks. But If you use kotlin you should look to Ktor.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)