FORUMS

Which platform is best for developing android apps, android studio or eclipse??

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By rajawatankur04, Junior Member on 5th March 2015, 10:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am working on eclipse from 6 months but recently I downloaded android studio and i found it good too. So i am confused which platform should i keep using?
thanks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rajawatankur04 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rajawatankur04 Ad-Free
9th April 2015, 10:07 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've no problem with android studio except the fact that it is damn slow. I'm sure that it will improve in the future.

Eclipse is a very familiar tool. It feels like home when I use eclipse and a lot faster.
23rd April 2015, 12:56 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Info 2 Androi Studio for sure
My personal favorite is android studio. Its much better then eclipse and it surely improves productivity in certain tasks.
26th April 2015, 01:23 PM |#5  
~
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Developers should be update, use Android Studio
7th May 2015, 10:59 AM |#6  
Flag Pondicherry
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Android Studio.. IDEA based software is best ever.. You guys must learn its featured and then you would say wow. From multiple selection to Floating Navigation Bar to Any File Go to lot and lot of features..... Extremely customisable... I don't know how many have used legendary code editor sublime text.
Buy this android studio.... Completely Brings all features of Sublime Text into an IDE. Learn the features of this ide... And u will hate all other ide altogether

Sent from my Moto E using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to vrock25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vrock25 Ad-Free
19th May 2015, 06:57 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Also google positions Android Studio as the official development environment.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kavzet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kavzet Ad-Free
23rd May 2015, 04:24 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Eclipse is faster, but Android Studio has more features and is built for Android specifically (while Eclipse is built for Java generally). If your computer can run it smoothly, go with Studio.
The Following User Says Thank You to luq_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift luq_ Ad-Free
12th June 2015, 11:53 AM |#9  

More
Smile
I personally believe one should always use the one which is best and up-to-date. Saying that, Android Studio fits in best as this is the latest development platform with loaded features and easy to use.

The only factor that it takes time and effort for the developers to learn new things. For, developers who starts fresh doesn't make much difference to them as they need to learn either one of the platform and they can start with Android Studio. If one learns Eclipse first, they eventually need to learn Android Studio and upgrade themselves at some point.

Moreover, there are additional features on any new releases than the older version. Similarly, we see some of the well known features that are available on Android Studio and not present in Eclipse, mentioned here:

1. Maven-based build dependencies
2. Build variants and multiple-APK generation (great for Android Wear).
3. Advanced Android code completion and refactoring.

Finally, new and advanced features in these new released platforms helps developers to produce apps faster.

Happy Coding
Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dina Destreza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dina Destreza Ad-Free
29th June 2015, 03:10 PM |#10  

More
For low performance laptop Android Studio wouldnt be as efficient, on the other hand it have a lot of advantage rather than eclips.
The Following User Says Thank You to xydromax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xydromax Ad-Free
1st July 2015, 01:26 PM |#11  

More
I'm looking to create an app for android (which I can eventually add to the play store), that contains buttons of a sort in the fact that if you tap on the screen in once place one thing will happen and in another place, something else. Can anyone recommend which I should use to create this app? Also, do they both use need java? (android studios or eclipse)
Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to 10apples For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 10apples Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)